Hull County Court Strike out orders - UPDATE and it's GOOD news!

zootscoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Talking about the donations i will be making one very shortly, i have just looked at my bank account on line and Lloydstsb have credited my account with £551!! :D

Thank you very much to all on here who have helped me!! You are all worth your weight in gold!! :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all worth your weight in gold!! :-)

If I was worth my weight in gold I wouldn't be suing Lloyds TSB, I'd be buying them :D

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

Lloyds TSB

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

Halifax

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

Cap One

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

Great news - just shows what solidarity can achieve!!

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

It say's in the article that 4 of the 7 were sent to the lower court, what happened to the other 3?:confused:

Chrissie

They are A & L who didn't turn up--the 4 were with Yokshire who did turnup

Marc Gander was on BBC Look North

C4A

Interesting reading on the MSE.

Well done to all on your success.

Just a couple of things I'd like to pick up on...

While the lawyers for the Yorkshire argued the 'strike out' order should stand, the judge agreed not to strike the cases out (in other words he permitted the case to be heard). He also agreed to accept new 'particulars of claims', drafted by the legal team, adding to the claimant’s professionalism. The banks have 28 days from the 11 July to put in a written defence.

While the lawyers for the Yorkshire argued the 'strike out' order should stand, the judge agreed not to strike the cases out (in other words he permitted the case to be heard). He also agreed to accept new 'particulars of claims', drafted by the legal team, adding to the claimant’s professionalism. The banks have 28 days from the 11 July to put in a written defence.

Will these new "particulars of claims" be made available to us?

While Berwick did not look at the actual bank's terms, detailed work on providing and analysing those has now been done and will be presented.

Will these findings be presented here too, so that more of us who are coming up to the court stage can be better prepared?

By working with one of the leading banking QCs in order to prepare for the case, we have gained a mass of new material that we can make accessible to everyone who's reclaiming.

When will this new material be available to us so that we can use it?

Thanks guys... and great work....

Wow, this really is wonderful news and I think we all owe a huge debt to CAG for organising a QC and to those who donated to the fighting fund.

People can now see where some of their donations go and how it's used to help all users .Please try and donate something when you win .A big THANK YOU to the people who have donated so far without these donations we would not of been able contribute to the fighting fund

The new POC's will be available ,hopefully, shortly.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I'll reinforce that from Janet-M.

There have been people questioning where the donations go, why we sell the self-help kits higher up, etc... There have been some hinting that maybe the site owners are quietly filling their pockets. :rolleyes:

Notwithstanding that the running of the site itself costs a lot (running on average at 800 people online at all time, it takes more than a piddly free-to-use server, let me tell you!), it's the gigantic work undertaken by the QC and the hours put in in helping us all regaining our money that are a drain, and as Janet says, without your donations, it couldn't have happened.

So all those of you who put in the tin, congratulate yourselves too. You have helped with the Hull hearing, you are helping with the new POCs that will soon appear, you are helping yourselves as well as others.

(This was a party broadcast on behalf of the ConsumerActionGroup. :razz:)

brilliant news

It should mean in the near future we might get to find out how much each charge costs for the banks!

I think though they are going to climb down which means we should have a massive moral victory instead

best bit of news all day

Cheers Bookworm - thank god it has been lifted! :D

Kev, I think its great that after everything you stick around and encourage others and congratulate them on their wins.

I think alot of people if they were you might have just dissapeared.

Nice one mate

And well done to everyone up at Hull

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D