Theft . Bank refunds?

signalnorth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My good friends Father (75 years plus) was recently mugged, a mugging which involved his 'Hole in the wall' card being used. The Police have the offenders on the banks CCTV but despite all this Alliance and Leicester refuse to refund my friends Fathers money. This does not seem right to me . The Bank claim he gave them his pin number! The Police actually know how they got the pin number (His earlier withdrawal was filmed on a mobile phone) and they themselves cannot believe the banks attitude ! What's the legal situation? I thought banks had an obligation to do this. Can anyone advise please?

Can the PR-storm possibly get any worse for the A&L?

If it was me, I'd start with the local and national papers. They love a good "pensioner robbed and heartless bazillionaire banks say bugger off" story. Normally resulting in a "bank spokesman says as a gesture of goodwill...etc, etc"

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

What action has been taken with the bank so far? Letters, phonecalls? Are there diary dates and details of exactly how he has been requesting the money due?

I'm not sure on which laws to use here, but suggest you Father's friend comes onto the site if he wants to deal with this.

[

Also local radio are definitely worth thinking about.

If your local radio station has anyone like BBC WM's Ed Doolan, the problem will get dealt with very quickly.

Are either you or your Dad located in the Midlands ?

The main thing is to keep gnawing. Let them know that you are NOT going to go away.

Let every day become an adventure for the bank....... only you know what time you are going to ring...... and whether they are going to hear your dulcet tones or a raucous bellowing.

Wear them down. Good luck.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

What action has been taken with the bank so far? Letters, phonecalls? Are there diary dates and details of exactly how he has been requesting the money due?

I'm not sure on which laws to use here, but suggest you Father's friend comes onto the site if he wants to deal with this.

I've asked him to, I'm sure he'll be on here soon. Many thanks for posting