Land of Leather - Help Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well teh goods certainly are not conforming to the contract, and you have indicated your right of rejection to the company. All well and good.

Make it quite clear that if the goods are not collected by a reasonable time, your duty of care to look after the goods will cease to exist, and you will leave them out in the garden (or something). the beauty is that you will still be entitled to a full refund.

You may be able to claim additional damages under common law, but to be honest you might have a fight on your hands.

I cant help notice that Land of Leather's intitials, in txt mssgs and on the internet, means laughing out loud. I suspect many of their customers are not.

Hope it goes well. Your last point hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, I think it is a long time coming. I personally would rather have a decent monopoly than crap choices.

• 3 months later...

You can ask, but to be honest, I would take the money and run as far away as possible. Also, the store may argue that giving a refund is more convenient than replacing.

I think you will have a job arguing your ground with this lot. Do youreally want to continue business with them?

• 6 months later...

Well I am pleased for you, but I cannot agree entirely with point 3. Courts do not look favourably on cases where there has been little or not attempt to resolve the situation beforehand. In your case there has been, hence a factor towards a win for yourself. It may seem horrid, especially when you know its going to end up in court anyway. c'est la vie.

But well done.