kennythecelt 1 v halifax and BOS 0

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please complete the following petition re OFT case.

We need to raise the profile of this case.

Within that thread please tell us who you sent the letter to. Many thanks:) :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/108984-list-all-mps-written.html

morning kenny martin lewis on itv
And perpetuating the 6-year Statute of Limitations myth I see.. :roll:
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Tilly's exactly right - the usual Martin Lewis catch-phrases... I do wish he'd stop saying you can only go back six years though :mad:

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

HBOS have used many tactics to delay submission and preparation of claims for bank charges and may not have provided details of all other accounts you may have had with them. You may also have found it impossible to get copies of consumer credit agreements, insurance related policies, loans and mortgages etc.

This means that HBOS may potentially have breached their obligations to you under the Data Protection Act. Additionally, it may have meant that you could possibly not prepare and submit a bank recharge claim which are deemed unlawful. Or, you may unfortunately have been working in the dark and depending on HBOS to total up charges for you. Either way, they may have breached the law.

Additionally, HBOS have also used the tactic of saying they would only provide 6 years of statements. You should have received statements for your full banking history. Possibly as far back as 1992, if you had an account then. A full banking history is just that and not what HBOS wants to give you, so that they can limit the potentential size of your recharge claim.

With the advent of the OFT test case, my suggestion is that if this has happened to you, that you complain to the Information Commissioners Office. Everyone that has experienced this is encouraged to do so.

It is hoped that your complaint will then be part of statistical evidence during the OFT case.

Link for Information Commissioners Office follows

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints.aspx

Make sure you complain now.

14 day letter sent to Capital Bank (part of HBOS- bank loan) for £600 of bank charges.

There were early repayment penalties on this which I left just now but will gen up on and see about tackling later plus a PPI policy which I would not have required!

LBA for £152 charges on BoS Preference account sent to City House, City Rd, Chester. They no longer have these accounts. Sent unsolicited with a BOS loan, instant £2000 credit with switch card and cheque book. Statements only for 2001-04, account closed and cleared. About 3 years previous statements still to get.

BoS literature refers to it as a credit limit, so I am pursuing not as a bank account but as a credit card. The interest charge was certainly along the same lines.

I have one charghe of £50 which is a letter charge.

Lets see what happens.

• Haha 1

Kenny you're on fire today! :lol: You go for it! :D

Write to your MP and

Kenny you're on fire today! :lol: You go for it! :D

Thanks all.

I am on fire!! I have been wound up and I hate the injustice. I do know however that I am lucky and have managed to get a considerable amount returned already, whilst others have not. These cases are being pursued to demonstrate that there are other hidden charges which can and should be pursued and which are entirely unaffected by OFT case. Plus, it gets them registered timewise.

Made me realise I omitted to include submitting LBA for my wifes Barclaycard Visa, £850 plus interest, Moneyhelp and I working on CCI and POC. Will need to update my thread there.

Hi kennythecelt, allybally1 here. Well done to you, keep going and get what you r owed.

Could you pm me asap as i have a question to ask you re my post about the Clydesdale Bank nightmare? Thanks and cheers to more success:grin:

Thanks for your message kennythecelt, I have been made a "final offer" (its the first offert they have made me), but I dont think its enough - it covers the costs of what we lost but it isnt enough for the stress, frustration and inconvenience caused to us and they said if we're not happy we can complain to the ombudsman and gave us the address. i just might do that. They softened my complaints and then made the offer. im not going to take it. any suggestions as to what i should do would be appreciated. thanks

Benefits and charges.

For those people suffering from banks using state benefits to pay bank charges. And there are far too many.

There is a link on Stevens web page with 2 letters you could send to either the chancellor or Peter Hain, the relevant minister. In addition, you might want to add your name to Stevens petition which is also on his web page.

Good work Steven!!

http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

A quite heacy courier stle plastic security bag arrived yesterday.

Contained statements relating to 3 current accounts and the old redeemed mortage account. Initial glance at dates shows full set for these. There are repeat statements also!!:roll:

They say I will get another set of 6 statements within the next 2 weeks.

Within the letter is reference to the fact they assume I want the statements so I can reclaim charges. Then reference to the OFT case and the arrangement with the FSA re waiver on claims. Nothing new or unexpected.

Contact details for others

Data Subject Access Request Team

Jaroslaw Gorczyca

Customer Relations

no phone number.

(obviously stopped giving a telephone number as I always post them!)

Now that I have the above statements, assuming they are complete, I will find out when doing the interest statements.

I have interim refunds on the 3 current accounts and never accepted the mortgage offer, which was 100%, but excluding debt counselling fee. (not received an update from BoS on that account re OFT case).

Cant use MCOL now as they are all stayed. Need to consider next step carefully as interest may take me over £5000, not sure. I have a backup for later date as these are logged at OFT.

Lets see what I decide!! :)