Forteboy vs Barclaycard

forteboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Here is a quick catch up with this claim:

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued to barclaycard, signed for 16th march 07

Barclaycard sent standard speel, June 04 statements present, all prior will be sent within 6 weeks received 16th April

Remainder of the statemnets received 21st May.

Prelim letter issued by me on the 23rd may.

Has you can see its been a long winded exercise to get this far, but i do appreciate the work done by the pioneers on Barclaycard as they do now send the earlier statements, it just takes a while to get to us.

The good news is that i am claiming contractual interest and so it means each day that passes Barclaycard owe me £1.05 more. When Barclaycard do settle I will owe them only a few hundred pounds and justice will be served on them for lowering my Credit limit and then telling me about it.

Many thanks

Dennis:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

heres a quick update, on Friday 8th June received the standard splurge, we believe we are right, however as a GOGW heres the difference between what we charged you and £12.

Then on saturday i received another letter to say we are reducing your limit to. strangely enough the difference between the old and new limits was half of the refund.

Now I know this is cheeky, but has anyone got an LBA which will also reject their rather poor GOGW, as i would like to get this in the post today

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not updating on this before, I have had a lot going on in my life so this has slipped, I want to claim CCI off these money grabbers, should I restart from the prelim letter claiming thee CCI and move on from there.

Many Thanks for your assistance up to date.

Regards

Forteboy:cool:

If you have already sent your prelim and lba stating you are claiming CCI, you are still ok to proceed with your N1.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Seasidier,

I did not claim for CCI on my LBA, so i thought it may be best to start from the prelim, as a few weeks to wait extra will be worth it, when they have to return all that lovely money.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

an update is due I believe, today I received 2 letters dated 19th September, the first was to advised that they had looked at my account again and as a GOGW they have refunded the the remaining charges back on to my account, but before we all cheer, what they state they have charged me and what i have worked out is about #400 apart and they also are refusing to pay any interest back well over #600 and goes without saying that CCI is a no no.

The 2nd letter is to advise that having recently reviewed my account they are lowering my credit limit by roughly half the amount they just refunded, not that I am now bothered about this as it means I can not run the debt back up.

Now for your kind assistance if possible, could someone please provide the POC for the N1 specifically for Credit cards along with the guidance letter for the Judge in relation to Full Disclosure of costs.

Many thanks,

hopefully I am beginning to see the woods for the trees

Regards

Subscribing

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Forty,

Came in today and, as if by magic, this has appeared - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/114910-new-poc-barclaycard-n1.html#post1140480

Thanks to Zoot.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

oooooh that is soooo goood, but Just 1 thing unless i am missing it but there would appear to be no mention of CCI, is this because the QC did not believe it was "Do able" or was it just missed off. I hope it the second one.

Many thanks for pointing me to this and hopefully the little query can be resolved.

Regards

From my understanding, CCI is now considered NOT do-able after it was taken to a higher Court where a precedent was set.

Slick

Hi All,

I believe that CCI is still do-able on CC but not Bank Accounts, is this correct, as I really want to use the new POC for Barclaycard this week but there is no CCI on this, could one of the MOD's please advise, or any one else who is in the know.

Regards

Hi FB,

Sorry, my experience has been with bank charges claims and I have seen since that peeps are claiming differently on Credit Cards. I'll watch more quietly and learn.

Slick

Hi Slick,

no problem, I appreciate the help from you, most of the info on here is from experience and is therefore subject to debate, I only hope now that someone with more experience than me on claiming Credit card charges comes on line and answers the questions.

Regards