Help needed please guys :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just been reading the guide and step by step instructions to filing the claim with moneyclaim and am wondering whether the particulars of claim bit (I posted earlier) is the wrong one to use on the online form, should I use this one instead -

IN THE ANYWHERE COUNTY COURT

BETWEEN

JOE BLOGGS CLAIMANT

And

GRABBBIT BANK LTD DEFENDANT

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant [has] [had] an account 1 ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around 2 [and closed on or around 2 ]

2. During the period in which the Account [has been] [was] operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £ 3 and any interest charged thereon;

b) a declaration from this honourable court that the term of the contract leading to the application of the charges is unenforceable;

c) Court costs;

d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

Signed:

Date:

If it is what does this bit mean 3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.?

I have no list of charges, just my statements and spreadsheet of interest debited, I'm starting to think I'm doing this all wrong, can someone help and I can email them my spreadsheet please?

Thanks

Off to bed now

Night night

Nikki xx

Hi Nikki,

Have you put the charges into the spread sheet provided by this forum. If not do that and write the following into particulars in claim section on moneyclaim site.

I have a contract with the defendant which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in the way of charges over the last 6 years plus the interest they have levied on those charges. Halifax charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contract) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15.

I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so.

I claim also interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from (first charge date) to (last charge date) of (interest amount) and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.06

Amend with your details Hope this helps

Khalid

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

I got confused with that too when I did it, that is only used when filing a with the N1 form.

Current Account Halifax

25th May sent Data Protection Act recieved 19th June

20th June Request Charges Letter Sent

29th June £170 offered..

4th July LBA sent

16th July £507 offered

25th July MCOL claimed

30th July Deemed Served

15th August Applied for Judgement

24th August Paid out in full

Read, ReAD READ!!! Its THE Only Way 2Win!!!

Make a 5% donation to the site, Help them to Help You.

Any advice that I may give is only through experience of my own claim.

Thanks for that khalid302, what is an N1 form used for? So I only need to make a list of my charges on the spreadsheet if using the N1 form?? My friend did the interest spreadsheet for me but it is only the interest debited from my account due to the charges -

In Respect of: Amount Date Incurred Days since offence Interest 8% APR

Interest debited £0.08 01/08/2002 1469 £0.03

Interest debited £0.02 30/09/2002 1409 £0.01

Interest debited £0.03 31/01/2003 1286 £0.01

Interest debited £0.04 28/02/2003 1258 £0.01

Interest debited £0.63 30/04/2003 1197 £0.17

Interest debited £1.34 30/04/2003 1197 £0.35

Interest debited £0.66 30/04/2003 1197 £0.17

Interest debited £0.66 30/09/2003 1044 £0.15

Interest debited £0.37 31/10/2003 1013 £0.08

Interest debited £4.82 31/10/2003 1013 £1.07

Interest debited £0.30 30/11/2003 983 £0.06

Interest debited £0.02 26/12/2003 957 £0.00

Interest debited £0.07 31/12/2003 952 £0.01

Interest debited £0.07 29/02/2004 892 £0.01

Interest debited £0.15 30/04/2004 831 £0.03

Interest debited £0.06 30/04/2006 101 £0.00

Total £9.32

Interest Total £2.18

Grand Total £11.50 Should she have done this? Or should it be a list of the charges?

Thankyou so much for your help khalid302

Nikki xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

How is everyone getting on with this?

I am ready to submit my claim to moneyclaim.gov.uk, how does it work? Do I need to submit and wait for them to contact me? Will they ask me to send them my spreadsheet of charges etc?

I just tried to submit but it is saying error cannot submit due to technical error please try again later, is that because it's a weekend do you think?

How long before you hear from them? And does anybody know how long before you get a result?

Thanks guys, you've all been great

Nikki

Hi Nikki

I have completed two on moneyclaim and one was at midnight so dont think its because its a weekend, i would just try again. The hardest part i found was putting the words in 24 lines or less.

Once it goes through, the next working day if you check on the site it will say that claim has been accepted. Usually the next day you get a notification of issue through the post from the courts. Telling you when the defendant has to to reply by. You dont need to send anythng at this point. I never had to send anything with FD. Have one in with halifax now, got notification other day. So just counting the days down. Hope this helps good luck

First Direct Data Protection 5/06/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06. £4412.30 charges plus 8% interest and court costs .

OH Halifax Data Protection 05/05/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06 charges plus 8% interest and court costs £738.78

MBNA SSettled in Full before court action.

Yorkshire Bank - Pre lim stage

Royal Bank of Scotlcand pre lim stage

Argos Card Services pre lim stage

You pay the feel when you submit.

engilshrose

First Direct Data Protection 5/06/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06. £4412.30 charges plus 8% interest and court costs .

OH Halifax Data Protection 05/05/06

SETTLED IN FULL 23/08/06 charges plus 8% interest and court costs £738.78

MBNA SSettled in Full before court action.

Yorkshire Bank - Pre lim stage

Royal Bank of Scotlcand pre lim stage

Argos Card Services pre lim stage