• Tweets

• Do not under any circumstances plead guilty until we know what we are dealing with. It's a sure way to 9 points. The tried and tested way to handle this is to plead not guilty to both charges and offer to plead guilty to speeding provided the "Fail to give information" charge is dropped. But I am concerned about this "ticket refused" sticker. I've never heard of this before. A "ticket" is not a term used in connection with speeding offences. There seems a distinct possibility that your response was received by the police but one thing worries me: I've never heard of a sticker being placed on a response and it being returned "Return to Sender". t's just not what ticket offices do. If you could post a picture of this document and the sticker it might help.  If you can show the response was received you may have a defence to the "Fail to Provide" charge (provided you completed your response properly). If the police are saying you did not respond they cannot succeed with a speeding charge (as they have no evidence you were driving). But if you did not respond, who put the sticker on the document and sent it back yo you?
    • lolerz, many thanks for your reply and correcting my big mistake, oh dear start again. They sent the section 48 along with the Form NO 6A, it was sitting on top of the paperwork, sorry about that. SO they have sent me a Form No 6A and i have received the court paperwork with the claim form and defence paperwork.    
    • Hamster Bedding. Ignore.
    • Hi, below is a draft of the letter Address: Hugo Martin Director of Legal and Company Secretary EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri CAPITOL HOUSE, 1, CAPITOL CLOSE LEEDS LS27 0WH REQUEST OF CONTRACTS      Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing in regards to the ongoing small claims case ____. In your Defendant’s response you make reference to a pre-existing commercial agreement between yourselves and Packlink (2.7). In that, you claim to have a clause removing customers third party rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. I would like to request a copy of this contract and confirmation of the date on which the exclusion of third party rights term was included in it. If you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. I also notice that you have destroyed tracking information due to "lapse of time" in line with your data protection policy (2.12). Can you share where this data protection policy is disclosed to customers? I also ask you to forward you a copy of that data protectiono policy, and again if you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. Kind regards,
    • Firstly, thank you for filling in the sticky so quickly - we wish everyone who comes here would do that! You're in the clear.  MET don't know who the driver was.  They can use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to transfer liability to the keeper if their bilge arrives within 14 days - they didn't send it out till 102 days after!!! So sit on your hands.  MET will come out with threat after threat but ultimately will do nothing. Have a read of other threads for this car park - we are having a tsunami of cases at the moment. Be sure to come back here though if they ever send you a Letter of Claim.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

megan v capital ppi claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They at first say it is over 6 years and I cant do anything - (but surely the 6 years starts from last payment they took?) and then they say they need more time to look into it.

They at first say it is over 6 years and I cant do anything - (but surely the 6 years starts from last payment they took?) and then they say they need more time to look into it.

Hello Megan,

They are silly beggers still trying to stall you. The limitations act does cover 6yrs unless

Section 32. Postponement of limitation period in case of fraud, concealment or mistake

(a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

(b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has

been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant;

or

© the action is for relief from the consequences of a

mistake;

the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has

discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be)

or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it.

It is obvious in the mis-selling they are concealing the fact from you so write a letter stating that It has now only come to your attention with the recent coverage by the media, and following the recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of ppi by finance companies.and quote section 32 of the Limitations Act

That should let them know that you are aware of your legal right and who they are dealing with:lol:

Good luck and don't be put off by them, they have to do this, cuase they are all running scared:lol: There is a war on your know:lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

"There is a war on your know" Yeah and we all know you started the war hellhasnofury...lol And dont you go blaming me.....:D

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Before I could write another letter - I got this one :

Thank you for taking the time to write back to us about your account. Clearly, you feel you aren't getting the answers and documents you have requested and I hope I can resolve this situation.

I am unable to send you a signed copy of your credit agreement, the copy we sent you is part of the agreement you signed. I have arranged for your full credit agreement to be sent to you separately.

With regard to your payment protection insurance (PPI) I'm afraid we no longer have a copy of your telephone conversation so we can't provide you with this. We use telephone scripts that comply with FSA regulations. We then asked your consent to hear the limited version of the terms and conditions over the phone.

Once you agreed to the PPI we then sent you the full terms and conditions and a certificate of insurance after the sale. The terms and conditions explained that you have a 30 day cancellation period and any premiums added during this time would be refunded. As you didn't contact us we assumed you were happy with the PPI and the policy was continued.

Therefore, I'm afraid that we won't be refunding your PPI premiums as they were added to your account correctly.

Financial regulations require me to advise you that this is my final response in relation to this matter. However you do have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within six months from the date of this letter. Their contact details are in our complaints leaflet, which I've included for your information.

I trust this has addressed your concerns.

Please note, calls to the 0845 number at the top of this letter will be charged at a local rate. The cost will vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be recorded/monitored for training purposes.

Yours sincerely

Ellie Renshaw

Executive Office Manager

:-|

Any advice on a reply to this?

Before I could write another letter - I got this one :

Thank you for taking the time to write back to us about your account. Clearly, you feel you aren't getting the answers and documents you have requested and I hope I can resolve this situation.

I am unable to send you a signed copy of your credit agreement, the copy we sent you is part of the agreement you signed. I have arranged for your full credit agreement to be sent to you separately.

With regard to your payment protection insurance (PPI) I'm afraid we no longer have a copy of your telephone conversation so we can't provide you with this. We use telephone scripts that comply with FSA regulations. We then asked your consent to hear the limited version of the terms and conditions over the phone.

Once you agreed to the PPI we then sent you the full terms and conditions and a certificate of insurance after the sale. The terms and conditions explained that you have a 30 day cancellation period and any premiums added during this time would be refunded. As you didn't contact us we assumed you were happy with the PPI and the policy was continued.

Therefore, I'm afraid that we won't be refunding your PPI premiums as they were added to your account correctly.

Financial regulations require me to advise you that this is my final response in relation to this matter. However you do have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within six months from the date of this letter. Their contact details are in our complaints leaflet, which I've included for your information.

I trust this has addressed your concerns.

Please note, calls to the 0845 number at the top of this letter will be charged at a local rate. The cost will vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be recorded/monitored for training purposes.

Yours sincerely

Ellie Renshaw

Executive Office Manager

:-|

Any advice on a reply to this?

Hello Megan,

Well that may be their final response, but may not yours:D

Don't understand this bit:|

I am unable to send it, but I will send it:confused: Maybe wait till that comes and see what they send you.

Have they breached the ca request?

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thats the bit I didnt understand - but I thought it was just me being thick:) now I know it isnt. On 20th May they sent me a copy of new t&c - no signed agreement - they returned my £1 saying it was over 6 years etc etc.Since then theyve fobbed me off with letters like the one above saying its too late to claim,they dont have my records anymore etcetc - Ive asked them to explain what a couple of things meant on my SAR - twice and twice they have totally ignored me.They wont answer any of my questions.

On looking again through my S.A.R - from capital one I just noticed on one of the pages that shows screenprnt from their computer - it shows various entries - codes etc and one in particular I notice says quite clearly ''' PPI ISSUE - REFER TO BIZ CRIT 538''' this is dated 09/05/2003 I also noticed onemore entry - '''SAS''' PPI CANX L0351 SENT - date - 14/04/05 - does anyone know what this means ? ( 27th of april was the last time a ppi payment was taken -) I didnt pay the card off until january 2007.

Forgot to say - 1st ppi payment was taken from account on 27/03/01.

This is what I mean - ive been asking them questions - bu they wont answer them.

What do you think hellhasnofury?:confused: ?

Hello Megan,

Did they send you a list of the abbreviations and what they mean.

Obviously not or you would not be askeing the question:confused:

You have said that they will not respond to your questions:confused:

Have you asked them what they mean?????????

I think under the dpa they have to sent you information that you can undertstand, so I think a complaint to the information commissioner office would be appropriate, that might make them sit up and listen:D

I am not an expert, but it looks to me the first entry is when they started taking it and the last is when they cancelled it.

Claiming back:

Capital one - £1622.66p- settled in full

Capital one - £632.69p – settled in full

Capital one - £ 353.15p – settled in full

Studiocards £422.44 – settled in full

LloydsBank Account - £35 – settled in full plus £25 ex-gratia payment

HalifaxBank account - £39 – settled in full

PPI – Through Northern Rock Loan - £71 –settled in full

TOTAL = £3200.94

…………………………………..

Barclaycard £803.42 – LBA - 7thJuly

Citicards - £ 790.00p – MCOL - acknowledged

Citicards £941.56 – Court date - Sept.

Halifax –(credit card) still awaiting S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Ppi – Cap.one - £64.68 - LBA

PPI – Cap. One - £604.63P - MCOL - 8th July

PPI – Studio Cards - £244.88 – LBA

PPI – Citi-Cards - £216.92

PPI – Citi-cards - £175.63

PPI – Barclaycard - £345.50

Wasted costs orders – Capital One : £65.23P + £47.00P –

Sent letters to court on June 25th

TOTAL = £4299.45

Im going to send mine in today Not sure how to word the text in the 'claim part' though on the N1 form - any ideas? - Im going for mis-sold the policy(cant remember even being asked if I wanted PPI though) - I have back trouble and arthritis after a fall 17 years ago and as such am employed as a 'supported disabled worker' - I was never asked about any pre existing medical condition - that I DO know! - and Ive had medical insurance through my hubby's work for over 20 years anyway - so I wouldnt have been able to claim - but they have not even sent me a cca - they say it was done over the phone so no forms to see. !!.

Hi again megan when I sent CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) at start of my charges claim, I only received an application form nothing else for CCA an got copy statements for SAR I read on another thread a while back that someone had a copy of the leaflet that Capital One send out with application form for card re PPI and their was nothing regarding pre existing medical conditions. I am going to look for that thread again and see if they can e-mail a copy. When I had to take early retirement due to having to care for my wife and my own ill health I rang Crap1 customer mis-service and was abruptly told that my diabetes and arthritis were both pre-existing medical conditions and I would not be able to make a claim. Anyway I have waited to get my charges claims with Halifax and Capital one out of the way before I start on PPI and catalogues.

Can you let me know what stage you are at I think we could help each other with letters POC etc.

I can pm a copy my POC for credit card for charges would need to be amended to suite not much different though

If ok with you will pm my prelim letter I want to send in morning

dpcik:-x

yep - no problem:) Thats what I wanted to see - the terms and conditions for the ppi from capital one - but they just wont send me them! Do you mean that there was nothing onthe form that ASKED if you had any underlying medical condition or that they said they would still pay out because it didnt matter that you had an underlying condition?

I had a bit of a clear out of my old handbags and drawers and I found things I didnt know I had! - Ive now got t&c on a few credit cards and I found another unused credit card still attached to the original agreement from citi-cards!. I have what is apparently a copy of my capital one agreement - but the space where my name and address go on the front cover are blank;) - also found a leaflet saying - your FREE purchase protection insurance policy(capital one)also Barclaycard original t&c and policy registration and a schedule for barclaycard payment protection dated 05/04/02 - dont think i'll be needing to bother them all now for things - I seem to have them

:)

HELLHASNOFURY - ive pm'd you with my final 'claimants text' - would you look it over please - thank you:-)

HELLHASNOFURY - ive pm'd you with my final 'claimants text' - would you look it over please - thank you:)

Hello Megan,

I have pm you back

I had a bit of a clear out of my old handbags and drawers and I found things I didnt know I had! - Ive now got t&c on a few credit cards and I found another unused credit card still attached to the original agreement from citi-cards!. I have what is apparently a copy of my capital one agreement - but the space where my name and address go on the front cover are blank;) - also found a leaflet saying - your FREE purchase protection insurance policy(capital one)also Barclaycard original t&c and policy registration and a schedule for barclaycard payment protection dated 05/04/02 - dont think i'll be needing to bother them all now for things - I seem to have them

:)

HELLHASNOFURY - ive pm'd you with my final 'claimants text' - would you look it over please - thank you:-)

Hi Megan could you let me know if their is anything on Capital One leaflet regarding Pre existing Medical conditions

all the best dpick:p

Only have t&c for the credit card - it makes referneces to optional payment protection on one and worded slightly different ont he other t&c(my hubbys). I can email them to you if you pm me with an email adress cos I cant seem to send an attachment from my pm's.Also says in the t&c that they use London General Holdings group.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Megan ...... Any progress with this ???? Also could you pm me with your POC for Cap One please.

I am almost ready to start my N1 .............I have had exactly the same problems with Cap 1 as you have .............I am not even sure how I applied for the card !!!!! And they can't even tell me !!!!