Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an email from barclays stating that they would be looking to settle at the end of july. ( I have posted what the email says earlier in this thread). It doesn't actually give a settlement figure.

GaryH or mod or anyone..!! do you think I should wait until my actual letter from ccc comes through as I did submit an N244 last week to update my SOC's and also put in the new POC's - before submitting the stay application?

HI smutley If I were you I would give the court a call asap to see if they have had an application for a stay from the bank. They can give you advice on when you need to put in an application for a stay. It's difficult to put in an applicationBEFORE the stay has been ordered if you see what I mean.

thanks Mostyn, although it looks like all the cases for the 14th are receiving stay letters I'd best wait for mine just in case the judge had a change of heart with my new socs and pocs! I'll also give the court a ring as you suggested, cheers Jenny

okay, was the manicblonde on this cardiff thread or on her own thread...and was it today as been back 6 pages!!! will see if I can find cityguy whilst Im looking.... wheres the search option!!

Jenny manicblonde vs HSBC post 65: "And we have confirmation on Cityguy's thread that the good Judge Hickenbottom is going ahead with the hearing so they either offer or loose biggrin.gif "

For Search option go to top of any thread, blue bar First header is "User CP" go along from there

post_old.gif Jenny ..found it at last - hope you can read this...It was Gertty who phoned court on 27th.... BEFORE the announcement of the High Court case I think :mad:...sorry to have got your hopes up ....:o

27th July 2007, 13:15 #98 (permalink) gertty vbmenu_register("postmenu_1037069", true);

Basic Account Customer

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif Re: Cityguy V HSBC

hi cityguy23

i've just managed to get through to cardiff court and the prelim hearing for 10.30 on the 14th of august are still going ahead the man says all paper work to be in 7 days before the date.

might see you there

gertty(debbie)

Hi guys

I too have a directions hearing on 14th August 2007. I've been in touch with the Litigation Team and i'm dealing with Robert Saunders. He initially said they would settle and low and behold I had a letter in the post offering me back all costs. When I emailed him back to ask about the seconrd part of my claim - default removal - he replied stating that they were unable to settle as they could not remove the default from my credit file. Even though the marker is due to be taken off in November 2007.

Any ideas on where to go with this one folks?

I have to appear in Cardiff on Thursday 9th. following my application notice (N1). having received a Notice of Hearing Application. The court Office informs that I shall not need my court bundle then, and that the judge will then tell me if I am still appearing on the 14th. Not heard of anyone else having to attend this type of hearing. Really nervous about it

No, if you make an application they can't simply ignore it - the judge can dismiss it if he considers that its without merit, but thats not going to be the case with these applications. The court don't have to process it without a proper N244 though, hence my previous post. Note also that the order requires you to serve the other side with a copy of the application.

Its not unusual for the application fee to be waived if its made within 7 days of the order.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I have to appear in Cardiff on Thursday 9th. following my application notice (N1). having received a Notice of Hearing Application. The court Office informs that I shall not need my court bundle then, and that the judge will then tell me if I am still appearing on the 14th. Not heard of anyone else having to attend this type of hearing. Really nervous about it

This is usual. Most applications are listed for hearing. You need to pursuade the judge why the claim should not be stayed. Take along the statem,ent and make some notes of the main points you want to make. Don't be afraid to include details of any particular persoonal circumstances, for instance any hardship the stay will cause, etc.

No need to be nervous - nothing can be won or lost as such, and its only a small claims hearing which are very informal and relaxed. Theres no big courtroom as you might imagine - its heard in nothing more than an office type room with you and the judge sat at a table.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary,

Sorry to be so thick. I've made some notes, about my reasons for filing the N1 and N244 (i.e. an error on my original claim)but all this and my POC are on these forms, together with my SOC.This was all filed on the 8th June. As the court informs me I don't need my full bundle else , what is the statement you suggest

hello mostyn and gary and everyone else. I phoned Cardiff Court this morning and was told that a 'stay' has been placed on my case and I do not have to appear in court! I am now wondering if this applies to all of the 10.30 am 14th August in Cardiff