Cardiff directions hearings *POST HERE*

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kelley nice to have you back, I think we have all done as much as we can, other than appealing against the refusal, I don't think they will do a thing, but might be worth sending in appeals just to hassle them, cause more trouble might help. Have you seen the announcement today about the Bank of England releasing shed loads of money into the banking system? this means the government will definately not do anything now as they won't want to diadvantage the banks will they? so this is looking blacker than ever.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Val and all, yep and where does the governments money come from eh? still havent heard from cardiff court yet, think Ill give them a ring tomorrow and yes, I agree Val, lets keep sending our appeals in, how many blankets will that be!

Hi Olden et al... When I called Cardiff about request to appeal against refusal to remove stay, they just said to write a letter to the Listings Manager at the court, and there is no charge. I am asking for oral hearing - see if I get one this time - but am going to include info about HSBC not submitting AQ by deadline some weeks before announcement of OFT case. I would suggest everyone asks for oral hearing, to keep the court busy - maybe we willall be given same date again - that would be fun :D

I know the advice is to stop banging our heads against a brick wall but I cant just sit here and do nothing! Mostyn said in post 750 that there was no fee to appeal against the refusal to remove the stay so could use the form N244 or send letters ?

why have you got a + after your name - see currently active users at bottom ?

think my post crossed with Mostyns!!

I just want to say, I rang and asked Cardiff Court if there was a fee to pay if I want to ask for the stay to be lifted and I was told to send a letter first (asking for the stay to be lifted) and if not successful then send in an N244 form along with the fee payable. I was told that I would have to pay and that it had not be waived.

Hi Lacey, will this be your first application to lift the stay or is it to lift the refusal to lift the stay (that sounds stupid but hope you follow!) ? But it looks like letters are free and a N244 has a fee - dont spend any more money, send in a letter first.

Hi jenny, and all this is the copy of the letter my MP sent to the FSA. she did a good job, shame about the FSA letter back wasn't it.

JESSICAMORDEN MP

Labour Member of Parliament for Newport East

Suite 5, 1st Floor, Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA

T 01633 841 726 F 01633 841 727

Jessica Morden MP | Jessica Morden

[email protected]

20 August 2007

The Director

Financial Services Agency

25 The North Colonnade

Canary Wharf

London

E14 5HS

Dear Sir

I have been approached by my constituent,xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx expressing concern about the way overcharging complaints are to be handled.

Ms..... considers the recent arrangement between the FSA,Office of Fair Trading

and the UK banking industry to freeze out further overcharging complaints whilst

a test case is being brought is unfair, especially as banks are allowed to carry on

levying penalty charges on customers. She is also concerned that the FSA has

also allowed the banks to apply for a stay of all court proceedings of this nature

until the case has finished.

Ms.......feels this is unjust to customers; and arguable that such action might interfere with rights given under the Human Rights Act 1998

I would welcome your comments on the points raised by my constituent.

Yours sincerely

JESSICA MORDEN MP

P.S' I believe it is really important to provide you with relevant information about my work as

an MP therefore I will keep your details on file and may contact you from time to time, if you

do not wish to receive further correspondence from me please write to me at the following

address Jessica Morden MP, 1stFloor Clarence House, Clarence Place, Newport NP19 7AA.

vbrep_register("1140641")

Good try by Jessica shame she received the templated response from FSA - is the word cartell correct - Banks, OFT, FSA FOS and cobblers an all.

As I had not received a response from CCC on my stay objection I have just got off the phone to them. They lost mine!!! Eventually found in file they have on me pinned to the back of it - great... so it is NOW going up to Judge Hendicott today. Was told not to hold up any hopes, was told...... the truth is, its a paper exercise, the stay objections go to Judge Hendicott who issues the Form of Judgement that most of you have received. You then write in by letter to object and Judge Higginbottom will consider an oral hearing. I asked and what happens then at the oral to which I got a mmmmmm. I mentioned that it was all a farse, as it looks like the OFT case will probably not happen... was told that all the bank cases are kept separate to the normal court cases and that they were not aware of any news about the OFT case. Room here to be informative and fill the court in on what is actually happening when we send in our letters.... ??? hence, it would be useful to be able to get access to all those MP letters etc.,

Hi, received letter from Julie Morgan, MP for Cardiff North today - nothing exciting just to tell me (and enclose) two, basically acknowledgement letters from Sophie Fluin FOS and Kirsty Taylor FSA and that she will let me know when she gets "a more substantive response"

Hi Kashie, you can now write to the court for free with reasons (again) and you might get an oral hearing with Judge Higginbottom (see my post no 762)...other than that, not a lot! Have you looked in the 'General' thread, there is stuff supposed to be happening this coming week. xxx

• Haha 1

Kashie,

Re the credit card, this should not have been stayed so contact the court or write to the court manager and ask for the case to reviewed urgently so the stay can be removed.

Slick

PS Less of the "giving up" talk. You probably won't avoid the bank case being stayed so concentrate on the Credit Card case.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Jenny, Can we get access to all those MP letters? I am sending in my letter of Appeal against the decision not to remove the stay, asking for an oral hearing ( I know I did before but the wording on the N24 i.e. 'the submissions be treated as an application' ) bugged me since I had submitted not only one but two (amended oral hearing) of the damned things with letter of objection. so what else can I hit them with now?

Hi Val, good to hear from you. I still havent heard from the court about mine yet but then they did go and lose it (see previous posting) - but two threads have been made as you will prob see in the general section and all the MP letters are still there is you click on the 'here'.... actually I ll go and get it for you and post the link...!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelylad viewpost.gif

Ok, as I have stated all posts that have been removed have been stored HERE and not deleted.

There are 564 posts stored there, if all these posts were still on this thread it would be over 23 pages long. This would make this thread difficult if not impossible to control.

I understand your concerns regarding responses from MP's, I have disscused a possible solution with Macboy. We are open to suggestions, please feel free to impart your ideas. Thank you.

click on the 'here' - also check you have not blocked your pop -ups for this.

PS cant wait to see your response from Rhodri!!!

Hi, Well I am really confused now, I wrote to Judge Hickingbottom in Cardiff Court asking for any stay on my case to be lifted (as I have already said before) and as you all know from my previous posts, I was refused.

In the last couple of days, I have had a letter of DG Solicitors, telling me that they intend asking for the case to be stayed. I was under the impression that my case had been stayed along with everyone elses.

Why would the judge refuse my request (on the grounds of financial difficulty) when at that time, he had not even had a letter of the solicitor requesting a stay? I am really confused now.

Hi Val, Im going to ring the court as still not heard about my stay appeal, so will ask about the POC/SOC as well - Slick has been reallly helpful over on my own thread..... I do hope Mummybird gets this sorted with court when she goes there but its like our court has joined forces with barclays - have you appealed against the refusal to stay yet - sorry to hijack MB thread here... will copy and and post on Cardiff thread

quote from Lacey...Why would the judge refuse my request (on the grounds of financial difficulty) when at that time, he had not even had a letter of the solicitor requesting a stay? I am really confused now.

Did your order/judgement say that you could appeal against it (again) ?

Had to find something to do... and came up with this.....!

Richard Hendicott; Chairman of Development & Communications – Welsh Golfing Union

Machynlleth born Richard is currently a District Judge based in Cardiff with 14 years service. Prior to his appointment Richard worked as a solicitor in Bridgend.

Richard, who plays off a nine handicap, has been involved with the Welsh Golfing Union for the last ten years and currently is their Chairman of Development and Communication, as well as being a members of the WSA Executive Committee for the last five years.