• Tweets

• sorry but that letter needs to be much much better. you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers. TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter. get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.      
    • I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5  I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions? Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,  Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.  I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.  I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.  Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.  I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.  I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.   Yours sincerely,
    • LoL Dx you crack me up. Thanks for the advice. I'll stay positive.
    • Utter Rubbish!! lowell dont write and beg for deals once they start court. as for your attitude, we'll thats nothing new for you.😎 you wont be quizzed, it's not like TV, simply refer to your defence/WS when answering anything the judge may ever ask. well it involves chickens. dx  
    • Thanks fk, I hope I don't have to face the court. Bless you for the reassurance. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

timtdgti vs mbna

timgttdi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, sent SAR 20/2 , after several reminders, they finally responded 19/4 with a printout of charges, not statements. In the same letter they offered me about half of the charges back as a GOGW. I added the charges up and they come to about £2K, they have offered me £920.

I sent back a letter from the templates asking for a full SAR and reminding them of their obligations. That was about 4 weeks ago.

What do i do now? I gues i make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

They have sent you the charges because your letter probabaly said 'i would like a list of all default charges over the last 6 years' therefore you have only asked for the charges. So thats all your gonna get. And this can take upto 40 days, this is set by the FSA, and well due to the sheer volume of money grabbers, its gonna take upto the maximum of 40 days.

As you may know the OFT said £12 would be a more reasonable charge, so the reason you've only been offered £920 is because you're being given back the difference between the £25 or whatever and the £12 OFT threshold.

Which to be honest i think is fair!

I just think, that if you are irresponsible enough to not pay on time, go over your limit, and generally take the mick, then you should face the consequences, and i know you've all heard this before, but at the time when you signed, you agreed to it. If you didnt want to you shouldnt sign!

I also dont think people realise that when u do go late, overlimit etc etc, dedicated people have to deal with this, account managers to adjust stuff,and chase up people who take the mick, pay wages to people who deal with this, light the buildings etc etc.

And do u know what else? This is a rite punch in the face for all GOOD customers - people who actually make an effort to pay on time, only spend what they can afford etc etc. And then we have people who take the mick gettin huge amounts of money back for taking the mick.

Its wrong, thats all i can say!

Morning Tim,

Sorry do not agree with furryhamster at all. A copy of charges is all you need to proceed, go ahead and send you prelim letter and schedule of charges, accepting the goodwill gesture as partial payment on the clear understanding that you will pursue the remainder of your claim. If you follow the step by step procedures laid out on this site you will win!! I did this week, without even having to file a court claim. I feel that this indicates the charges are not fair because banks and credit card companies would not be refunding money if they felt they were a fair and accurate reflection of their costs. Need any help or advice just shout!!

glav:)

They have sent you the charges because your letter probabaly said 'i would like a list of all default charges over the last 6 years' therefore you have only asked for the charges. So thats all your gonna get. And this can take upto 40 days, this is set by the FSA, and well due to the sheer volume of money grabbers, its gonna take upto the maximum of 40 days.

As you may know the OFT said £12 would be a more reasonable charge, so the reason you've only been offered £920 is because you're being given back the difference between the £25 or whatever and the £12 OFT threshold.

I just think, that if you are irresponsible enough to not pay on time, go over your limit, and generally take the mick, then you should face the consequences, and i know you've all heard this before, but at the time when you signed, you agreed to it. If you didnt want to you shouldnt sign!

I also dont think people realise that when u do go late, overlimit etc etc, dedicated people have to deal with this, account managers to adjust stuff,and chase up people who take the mick, pay wages to people who deal with this, light the buildings etc etc.

And do u know what else? This is a rite punch in the face for all GOOD customers - people who actually make an effort to pay on time, only spend what they can afford etc etc. And then we have people who take the mick gettin huge amounts of money back for taking the mick.

Thanks for the "advice" and opinion, i have thought long and hard about what you say in your post ( about 1 second ) and can say don't bother next time. Do you work for MBNA? Sounds as though you do. If you do i would suggest you get back to work. Ive already recovered £4 from Nat West of your so called fair charges and there are thousands more examples on this site.

@ glav, cheers for the support and im gonna give them a few more days and then send the schedule of charges.

Timtdgti, i just wanted to say well done for your calm response to a certain post. How rude!! Ignorance is a terrible flaw :o . I should imagine you would be hard pushed to find many people using this site, simply because they have "taken the mick".

Best wishes with your fight to regain sanity and piece of mind :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

i dont intend to reveal my identity, for obvious reasons but what i can say is i know exactly how a claim works, what you have to do etc with ANY bank/cc company more than anybody else here giving advice, i can assure you, and in some cases i can see that people do deserve money back, and if anybody actually wants to know what to do with any bank all u gotta do is drop me an email or PM me, and i'll be more than happy to help - in genuine cases.

My point earlier was there are some people that take the mick, and generally use and abuse credit facilities, then take great pride in claming all of the money back, when there are genuine customers out there who always pay on time, never go overlimit etc. And again there are genuine customers who have gone late due to bereavements, hospital, redundancy and things like that, and in these cases then yes i believe people should be heard and banks should do all they can. And its those people i'll help.

Theres a certain way of claiming money back, quick, easy without any hate between customers and banks etc. And some of the advice given on this site is just ridiculous, and no wonder alot of you are having trouble claiming.

i dont intend to reveal my identity, for obvious reasons but what i can say is i know exactly how a claim works, what you have to do etc with ANY bank/cc company more than anybody else here giving advice, i can assure you, and in some cases i can see that people do deserve money back, and if anybody actually wants to know what to do with any bank all u gotta do is drop me an email or PM me, and i'll be more than happy to help - in genuine cases.

My point earlier was there are some people that take the mick, and generally use and abuse credit facilities, then take great pride in claming all of the money back, when there are genuine customers out there who always pay on time, never go overlimit etc. And again there are genuine customers who have gone late due to bereavements, hospital, redundancy and things like that, and in these cases then yes i believe people should be heard and banks should do all they can. And its those people i'll help.

Theres a certain way of claiming money back, quick, easy without any hate between customers and banks etc. And some of the advice given on this site is just ridiculous, and no wonder alot of you are having trouble claiming.

I gather that as you may or may have worked for the financial institutions you have made your identity known to the site owners? We are all here to help each other and not be slated by "holier than thou" replies!

Please firstly do not let this thread degenerate into a slanging match. I shall edit/remove all such posts.

Wrong. This amount is still not the actual cost, therefore it is still a penalty. Which is unlawful under contract law.

just think, that if you are irresponsible enough to not pay on time, go over your limit, and generally take the mick, then you should face the consequences, and i know you've all heard this before, but at the time when you signed, you agreed to it. If you didnt want to you shouldnt sign!

A rather blinkered view I think, we will face the consequences, gladly if they are just. Which is the actual amount it costs to administer a breach of contaract. Around £2 as shown in detail in the whistleblower programme here.

Again see the link above and this below. This shows the true costs incurred.

The system, which was apparently introduced about 2002 was called CYNthesys - Clydesdale Yorkshire Northern the system.

With hindsight, CYNthesys is straightforward and obvious.

It amounts merely to deconstructing a manually conducted process within an organisation into its constituent parts and then allocating a code and a time in seconds for each part.

So,

Quote:

A100 - switch on computer - 10 standard seconds

A101 - retrieve customer record - 4 standard seconds

A102 - data entry - 3 key strokes - 4 standard seconds

A103 - retrieve sub-record - 2 standard seconds

A104 - data entry - 12 keystrokes - 6 standard seconds

I think you will find that banks have taken the "Mick" for years by unlawfully deducting charges from peoples account that are not a true reflection of their actual costs.

If you do work for a bank etc you are requested to contact Admin before you make posts on this site.

i dont intend to reveal my identity, for obvious reasons but what i can say is i know exactly how a claim works, what you have to do etc with ANY bank/cc company more than anybody else here giving advice,

Really, please enlighten us on our failings then I am sure you would not mind helping people to reclaim their unlawful penalty charges.

Livelylad is correct in what he is saying and you seem to be confusing your facts.

I can also tell you that, without exception, every person I have made contact with on this site has found themselves in a financial hole due to either illness, unemployment or bereavement, to name but a few reasons. The banks continue to make a bad situation worse by ramping up the interest, applying charge upon charge upon charge and then charging interest on same, throwing you to the dogs otherwise called "debt collection agencies" and generally behaving in an unlawful and underhand manner. I nearly lost my husband to suicide because of such a situation, so please don't come on here and preach about "lighting the building". You only have to see the profits announcements from the banks to see that paying back the charges they unlawfully applied barely makes a dent!

I am sorry for hijacking and my intention was not to fuel a fire, however, your post was unnecessary and I hope you have since informed Admin of your status.

Regards,

Corn

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

It doesnt matter what my status is. However i just do think that my points are very valid, but unfortunately due to some people, its impossible for you to see the bigger picture. I have no problem in telling you myself, that yes i have once or twice made a late payment, for no particular reason, i simply forgot, and well ts my fault isnt it? i signed saying yep ill pay the fee, so i did, i agree some banks, nt mentioning any names, but one bank charge £38 pounds which is ridiculous, but i agreed to it. Ans especially now with Credit Card Companies they have reduced default fes to £12 which if u in all seriousness look at it, is a fair fee.

And someone i cant remember who, mentions profit. Yes all banks make a profit, any business has to, but what you also forget is that we have to borrow the money from the bank of england in the first place, at their interest rate, normally around 4-5%, so in order for us to be able to offer people 0%, and other promo rates, we do need to make a profit and maintain our buildings etc, and pay the money we borrowed back - and if fees are the way we have to do that, then so be it i say. Because at the moment banks are penalising good customers, by not being able to offer certain things, and customers who dont really care and default on their accounts are simply ruining it for others.

Once again im sure many people will pick flaws in my point, which is fine, of course. Some people jst refuse to see the bigger picture.

Again I will answer in very simple terms, a bank can levy a fee for a missed payment etc etc. I agree with this principle entirely. However what I dont agree with is the fact that they levy a fee which exceeds their actual loss. The are acting unlawfully be administering charges which are above their genuine pre-estimated loss. They are making a profit from these charges this is unlawful.

Because at the moment banks are penalising good customers, by not being able to offer certain things, and customers who dont really care and default on their accounts are simply ruining it for others.

How very wrong you are, actually charges no UNLAWFUL CHARGES are more likely to be applied to the less well off in society.

But then again do the banks care where their profits are made ? as long as their shareholders get get their dividend. And the boss gets his bonus.

This was his salary 2 years ago. Dont talk to me about banks profits. I wonder how many charges he has? I wonder what "things" the bank can offer this good customer that he doesnt already have.

SIR Fred Goodwin, chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland, saw his total pay package rise nearly 15 per cent - or £371,000 - in 2005 to £2.89 million, the bank's report and accounts showed yesterday.

Goodwin's package combined a basic salary of £1.09m and a performance bonus of £1.76m. The RBS boss also received a £1.53m increase in the value of his pension fund.

Some people jst refuse to see the bigger picture.

mmmm I wonder who ;)

Furry Hampster, you are completely entitled to your opinion, however although I am claiming by bank charges bank for no other reason than failing to pay on time, and going over my limits. The point is, the banks are not willing to justify how they make up their charges.

What I would like to know is where does all the revenue go.? Excately what line is it shown on their P&L ?

My second point is that how come over banks all over the world charge nothing like this amount.? My friend from NZ was amazed her comments was "I dont think they even charge you in NZ"

Maybe we should do a comparisement by each country.

Also i would like to point out, it is not a dedicated team it is an automatic system that adds these charges to your accounts.

we all understand that if we go wrong with the banks, we end up paying a charge..... a LAWFUL one though, one that is relevant to how much the charges actually costs the banks. If, as an irresponsible customer, you make one too many late payment and incurr fees, then the bank has every right to lower your credit limit, withdraw certain privilages etc.. we all understand and accept that. This forum is all about the banks unlawfully making a profit from these charges when they are not supposed to.

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?