CatLover64 v HSBC

Catlover64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya cat sorry been a bit busy :)

yes send it now if you havent already and yes this means the dreaded court bundle if your Judge adopts the directions :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/97447-court-bundles-dummies.html

Have a read but I would wait to see what your judge says before you do anything

pete

have a look at some of the other draft directions orders. and make up your own................ the things you want in............

also consider throwing in the no more charges being added to your account and interest until the outcome of the test case ....

rockin all over the world

Something along the lines of

"as you are waiting for the result of the test case to clarify the lawfulness of these bank charges I trust that all future charges are also now suspended untill their lawfullness is established"

pete

Another little update. Got a nice long letter from the good folks at HSBC on Sat. Went on a bit, but basically said that they believed the charges are fair, and they will apply for a stay if the matter went to court.

So that's all right then! I assume this is standard?

But - am moving abroad next year. If I draft some directions, would it be OK to say I want the case settled quickly and don't want it stayed for that reason?

TIA as always :)

Another quick update. Got a letter from DG today, saying they were going to ask for a stay if the matter got to court.

I cannot believe it took 2 pages just to tell me that! :rolleyes:

Is this the point I should submit the draft directions? Sorry - haven't been on much, so am getting a tad confused....

Hiya Cat, DG's letter is meaningless properganda designed to unsettle you, you might as well write to DG and tell them you have asked the court for 3 chip butties, they wouldnt read that either though :rolleyes:

Your judge decides whats happening not DG, if you get a letter from the court saying your case has been stayed then we will look at getting it set aside, untill then you case is going ahead.

pete

Just having my nightly nose amongst the threads and came across this: http://www.consumeraction.org.au/downloads/DL29.pdf. This might be a really stupid question but -

What is the significance of adding this to the bundle? Surely as this applies to Australian law, this would not have a bearing here??

Anyone able to help?

3 threads merged. Please stick to one thread.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.