Brian carter & co solicitors letters urgent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the reply that I received from the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Doesn't say a great deal but gives the impression that this company is still trading:confused:

Thank you for your email of 09 January 2008.

I can confirm that Bryan Carter & Co is the name of a branch office of

the firm Crellins Carter. Bryan Carter & Co are registered at the

following address: Persimmon House, De Hallivand Drive, Brooklands

Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0NT.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any further

queries that you would like to discuss, please contact us by telephone

on 0870 606 2555. Our lines are open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. If

you are calling from overseas please use +44 (0) 1527 504450. Please

note calls may be monitored/recorded for training purposes.

Alternatively you can e-mail us on [email protected]

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Yours sincerely

E-mail: [email protected]

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

• 1 month later...

I have received letters and a court summons from Bryan Carter & Co Solicitors at De Havilland Drive Weybridge Surrey address dated 4th March 2008 and from the response from the Law Society above as well as other threads on this site questioning if this company is still trading, it appears to be so.

No mention of their partners on either the summons or the letter just Bryan Carter Solicitors headed notepaper with '& Co' at top of their address.

• 4 weeks later...

i asked about them too and i got this reply pretty much the same. if they are Crellins Carter they should use that on their letterhead!! unless Crellins is trying to stay a bit detached from the lovely Mr. Carter;) he-he

Thank you for your e-mail of 27th March.

Crellins Carter is an established solicitors firm, Bryan Carter & Co is

the name of their branch office.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you have any further queries

that you would like to discuss, please contact us by telephone on 0870

606 2555. Our lines are open 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday. If you are

calling from overseas please use +44 (0) 1527 504450. Please note calls

may be monitored/recorded for training purposes. Alternatively you can

e-mail us on [email protected]

Thank you for contacting the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Yours sincerely

Keith Kerwin

Information Services Officer

Solicitors Regulation Authority

Tel: 0870 606 2555

Fax: 0207 320 5964

Email: [email protected]

Moorcroft-paid no default:)

Robinson way - negotiated deal:D

Westcot- Negotiated deal:D

Thames- found them trying to con me, got a deal:D

Metropolitan- sold me on:eek:

pheonix/frederickson- the fight goes on:mad:

Hello

Having just found this forum, I'm in a state of flux over what I should do next and really need someone's advice !

I have TWO accounts running with Bryan Carter & Co.

Both accounts have recent letters (ie post-Feb 2007) from this firm at De Havilland Drive Weybridge and both are on Bryan Carter & Co headed paper (a claim at the footer states the BC & Co is the trading name of Crellins Carter Solicitors of 111 Weybridge Road).

I first heard from Bryan Carter in Nov 2006 alleging a debt against me to Egg for £11000. I had no idea of any debt and had never received any paperwork regarding this debt. They also said that I had a ccj but having looked on both experian and equifax there is nothing against me. I have been unable to find out any information regarding the alleged original debt and in a state of panic have been paying £50 a month to keep the bailliffs away.

I've set set up payments to Bryan Carter following a CCJ for £570+ in Dec 2005 as a partial balance against an alleged full balance of £11000+

This CCJ was taken out against me at an address I used to trade at but I had no receipt of any papers from either the claimant, the courts or Bryan Carter (or indeed any other party) so to avoid the appearence of baillifs I paid a £70+ Warrant of Execution direct to my local county court & I then contacted Bryan Carter & Co & agreed to pay off the CCJ at £50 per month. (I have disputed the debt in writing since initial receipt). I have also written to Egg on numerous occassions and have had no reply and have constantly disputed these debts with both Bryan Carter & with Egg. I have now paid 13 installments of £50 (and am now effectively paying back more more than the original CCJ value) !

The second debt relates to another alleged debt also to Egg of £8000+ but this time no court papers have appeared. I received a letter last month & it transpires that another CCJ has been issued in August 2007. I haven't heard from the courts or others but again I have agreed to pay off (without any admission of liability) a demand from Bryan Carter & Co for the order of £490 +costs + the warrant fee of £70+. I have yet to write to Bryan Carter on this matter as I have tried to get legal advice about my position.

I haven't received any Proof of Debt in either of these cases (save for a copy of the first CCJ from the court who only provided me with copies of the original ccj for £490+costs and not for the whole debt) & I can't get any assistance from lawyers as no one seems to want to take on this kind of work and now I'm paying 2 lots of £50 per month to Bryan Carter & Co.

In a telephone conversation Bryan Carter said that the debts originated in 2002 and that they were paid until 2005. I have no idea what these are about.

I would really welcome some help AS SOON AS POSSIBLE from someone out there as to the quickest & best way to get out of this difficult ( & painful!) situation.

What steps do I take now?:confused:

• 1 year later...

hi all

i am recieving letters still from bryan carter for a company called lowell financial i am paying lowell by cheque every month even though i have no paper work of debt etc. bryan carter letter states warrant and that a bailiff will call at my house what to do what to do. please can anyone help as i thought they had stopped trading bryan carter.

If you are paying Lowell then BCarter has no right to write to you and demand money. If your Lowells agreement is by way of a court order then Carters could be held to be in contempt. You need to sort this out properly and starting your own thread would encourage others to give you advice.

• 5 months later...

have received phone call alleging that my wife owes £320 from 8 years ago for great universal and they have requested cca letter my wife has never been with great universal and we have spoken directly to great universal and they cannot find any records for my wife well they wouldnt

any suggestions to what i should do

have received phone call alleging that my wife owes £320 from 8 years ago for great universal and they have requested cca letter my wife has never been with great universal and we have spoken directly to great universal and they cannot find any records for my wife well they wouldnt

any suggestions to what i should do

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Record your calls You should not deal with any organisation on the phone without recording the call.

Call recorders can be very cheap and you can get them from Maplins.

The best one is the Truecall. It is pricey but will record your calls, screen your calls, reject unwanted callers etc.

Follow this link to read the review of the Truecall telephone recorder and call manager.

This is the Rolls Royce of call recorders.

It's a bit pricey but if you buy it with our special offer you will get it at cost: about 20% discount.

How much do we make on the deal? - Nothing at all.

You can also buy cheaper devices from Maplins. Truecall is the best - but the important thing is to record your calls.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

:

sorry carter asked us to send by phone a letter requesting details that they have. not specifically a cca