complete nightmare - advice needed!

maud26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have found this site through Google and hope someone may advise me.

Myself and my partner have had debt problems for as long as we can remember, bankruptcy several years ago (now discharged for 6 years). 2 years ago she ordered a catalogue and because she didn't think she would be eligible she applied online using her mom's name. The request was accepted and she ordered goods and has always maintained payments on the account. On Monday she telephoned them to give a new address and they asked for proof of ID to be sent in, which she obviously cannot provide. Does anyone have any idea what may happen now? I know you may all shout and say its wrong but it was the only way we get clothes for our daughter, she is really worried about it and hasn't slept since.

Thank you

TB

It seems she may be able to now we are a bit better off, she was terrified to tell me! She thinks the fraud squad are going to turn up any minute and i've never heard of this before so dont know what to say, the only positive thing is that payments have always been made on time.

Is there any way that your partner could come clean to her Mum ?.... maybe then, you could think of a way around the problem together. Her Mum might be willing to say that she lived with you for a while... and be willing to keep the catalogue running at her own address, collecting payments from your partner herself.

I suppose it depends on what kind of relationship she has with her mother.... is she aware of your circumstances and how hard it's been over the years ?

The catalogue can't have done many checks or presumably, they would have realised that her name couldn't be found at your address on any Credit Reference Agencies anyway.

Hi,

Her mother is fully aware how difficult its been for us but is not understanding in the least. Its strange because the payments have often been made by my wife's debit card or a cheque so obviously a payment has never been made in the account holders name.

thanks

TB

maud,

do not worry for a second.

about a year ago i sold my house and the new owner rented it out. the new tenants ordered thousands on catalogues, all in my mums name.

they never paid a penny back and although this is clearly a case of id fraud and i have the names and new addresses of the people who did it - the police where completely disinterested! not interested in the slightest to the point they refused to investigate - until I made a complaint to the inspector - who also tried his hardest not to help until I told him I would take it to the chief inspector AND name him as being the unhelpful one. Reluctantly, he agreed to take details of the crime.

As for the catalogue companies, they too were not interested in pressing charges, they just want their money and thats it.

From this experience I would say it is very difficult to get into trouble - impossible if you have actually paid the bills!

good luck!

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the advice. Just tried to clear the balance but it wont even let us log in so looks like they have put something into action. Wife up the wall with worry again! Looks like i'm in for a good weekend!

TB