Bryan Carter- Ceased as a Company???!!! *Took a while but WON in the end

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Info Commissioner might be interested to know about Carter's activities. B Carter & Co is still registered as a data controller as are Crellins but the new entity isn't. Could there be a breach of data protection act legislation there?

• Haha 1

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the payments which I make to Bryan Carter every month, who is collecting on behalf of Alliance & Leicester are actually going to a different company? Should I not have been advised that another company is now responsible for collecting the debt? Should I cancel the DD mandate?

Come to think of it, and it has only just occurred to me, I have been paying this for several years and have never CCA'd them. Even though I have never actually denied that a debt exists I have nothing to refer to to verify that the amount being collected is accurate. BC could be collecting way over what I actually owed :rolleyes:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sidewinder Yes you should check. Whilst I am not in anyway referring to BC or anyone associated with them I know of others with other creditors who alledge that they have found out after sending a SAR that additional sums/loans have indeed been added to their debt without their knowledge & we are not talking small amounts

Letter from Bryan Carter on letterheaded paper and signed by him, dated 2nd May sent to local County court.

Copy of letter on it's way to SRA in Leamington Spa. Law Society didn't seem bothered, they said he's working FOR Crellin Carter now, then just said to contact SRA.

Copy of letter on it's way.

Dear Mr Edwards

Thank you for your enquiry.

Having read your email we consider that you may benefit by speaking with an Advisor on our Helpline. The telephone number is 0845 608 6565. Lines are open between 9 am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Calls may be monitored for training purposes.

The above applies if Bryan Carter &Co cash my postal orders dated 8th may

The solicitor is still able to pursue outstanding fees after closure of the

firm.

please note only outstanding fees and not Debt

Correct fees not debts as is any firm.

Unless it's a liquidator collecting debts on behalf of another means they are STILL trading.

So the payments which I make to Bryan Carter every month, who is collecting on behalf of Alliance & Leicester are actually going to a different company? Should I not have been advised that another company is now responsible for collecting the debt? Should I cancel the DD mandate?

Come to think of it, and it has only just occurred to me, I have been paying this for several years and have never CCA'd them. Even though I have never actually denied that a debt exists I have nothing to refer to to verify that the amount being collected is accurate. BC could be collecting way over what I actually owed :rolleyes:

Very interesting thread.

It could be that whatever agreement you had with BC is now null & void Particularly as they have failed to notify you of their liquidation. Monies being paid by debtors could be rightfully owned by BC creditors.

I would write & demand to know their status failing which you will stop all payments forthwith until you have proof your payments are being accounted for in full. If liquidated admitted you should then request the name of the liquidator in order to contact them for their assurance that all of your previous payments to your creditor have been accounted for.

Send a list of recent payments with their dates & ask for confirmation of the above

Plinny- any way we can get to the bottom of this ? ie Are they still trading etc

Many of us have phoned them and they still answer the phone under the name of Bryan Carter & Co, so by that you can take it that they are still trading.

Many of us have phoned them and they still answer the phone under the name of Bryan Carter & Co, so by that you can take it that they are still trading.
He is a very naughty man. He needs to be punished by the authorities and more than a wrist slap

Spoke to Law Society on Friday, they said he had ceased 'operating' and was 'employed' by Crellins Carter and if I was soncerned I had to write to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

I rang them and they said they had heard about this problem and would I please send a copy of the letter in my possesion to them at Victoria court, which I did.

Seems like lots of people have raised issues about Mr Carter with them.

Yes they told me the same,but the Law Society did also tell me that if Mr Carter cashes my postal order's i WOULD benefit by talking to one of their advisers

Yes & see my previous post no 59

PMHCFC we all owe you a big thankyou,without reading the information that you supplied ,none us of would be getting the great satisfaction that we are experiencing now, and also the knowledge to nail this person.

THANKYOU

:D:D:D:D:D:D

PMHCFC we all owe you a big thankyou,without reading the information that you supplied ,none us of would be getting the great satisfaction that we are experiencing now, and also the knowledge to nail this person.

THANKYOU

:D :D :D :D :D :D

And THank-You for saying as much..I'd promised B Carter for ages to write the complaint I did to the Supervisor of Solicitors. I had no joy with TS and the Law Society weren't interested in my original comaplaint, but I was determined to give Bryan Carter something to think about after the way that company has treated me..It may have taken a 20-page letter to the SoS but it seems it's been worth it. I will report back when I receive my next letter from the SoS re my complaint, which now includes Bryan Carter sending me letters and demands and Warrant of Executions (OMG!) on headed paper after the end of February.

I just hope you ,and loads of other people on here stitch them up as well

Just hate every DCA out there

Thought i would add to this bryan carter ccj me on the 21st of feb to which i payed a cheque of £10,i have now paid 2 more payments to them one cheque by the 22nd march and a postal order crossed account payee on the 22nd of april the next payment is due 22nd this month what do i do?:?

I have a letter from Bryan Carter dated 08/05/07. Company headed notepaper where it states:

Dear Sirs.

we refer to recent correspondence in this matter.

Please note that we have been instructed to take no further action against you and have therefore closed our file.

ps this is what I had sent to them, they are nothing but ****holes

Bryan Carter and Co

De Havilland Drive

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 0NT

REF xxxxxx

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated 10/04/07 in which you draw my attention to the fact that a payment has to be made in full regarding the alleged outstanding bill with Carphone Warehouse. I called your offices on 10/04/07 to discuss the alleged debt and to say the least your staff are extremely abrupt. I informed them there was a dispute on the account that had been passed to yourselves and was told you had no knowledge of this. I stated that you now did have knowledge of it and as a DCA you have no further right to contact me but to pass this back to your client company.

Regarding your updated balance that you provided me with, which in fact is the first time you contacted me. It would be very interesting indeed if you did issue proceedings against me for the amount your client is seeking as this amount has been in dispute since April 2006 and your client has failed to attempt any kind of neither remedy nor solution to this dispute. I will defend any action you may bring against me and I shall pursue costs.

I also note from your letter that you have given a new balance to this account of £240.47 which includes Interest of £12.63, court fees of £20.00 and solicitor’s fees of £50.00.

I would ask that you provide me with a breakdown of interest charges of £12.63 and also of the relevant case law that is in force which would allow you to charge contractual interest on a disputed debt. I will bring your attention to the Consumer Credit Act as this is the only way you could attempt to charge me interest. The agreement I entered into with Carphone Warehouse is not covered under the Consumer Credit Act as no credit terms were in place nor were they requested nor offered.

I would ask that you provide me of evidence of court fees of £20.00 since you have not commenced any litigation against me then I would ask how these fees could be accrued. This is actually unlawful to attempt to charge some one for fees actually not incurred.

As for your fees to a solicitor, I believe that you are in fact an in house lawyer wholly owned by Fridrickson International Ltd and as a result the charge of a straight £50.00 cannot be valid unless you can prove to myself that your actual costs in dealing with this matter have in fact been £50.00 and I request a full and coherent breakdown at how you arrive at this figure. I am not liable for any solicitors costs unless costs are awarded at court. I also challenge that I am in no way liable for your client’s instruction to employ you to deal with this matter and that they are liable for your costs and not myself. This is a matter of contract law between you and your client.

To finalise, I not only now dispute the original alleged debt with Carphone Warehouse but now I dispute completely your charges that you are attempting to levy unlawfully against myself.

If you wish to pursue this matter further then I shall charge accordingly for my time , letters and telephone calls to your company’s 0870 421 1321 number which is a number charged at above standard rate. You will incur a surcharge on these telephone calls at the rate of £0.03 pence per minute as this is the same surcharge you are levying on myself by forcing me to call your number.

Please be aware that I am a lay person but that I am a full and active member of the Consumer Action Group and I have access to full advice and representation should it be required. Also be aware that the CAG is watching your company very, very closely.

We as consumers and customers will no longer lie down to Debt Collection Agencies such as yours attempting to level any kind of unlawful charge against a consumer. Your letter dated 10/04/07 is full of flaws on legalities and I dare you to take this further as I am certain that in a court of law you will have not one chance of winning nor proving your unlawful claims for money. I for one will defend this all the way and so will 130,000 members of the Community Action Group.

I will give you 14 days to reply, if you don not and if you do not address all the issues I have raised above then I shall in future treat your company with the contempt it deserves. After all this is what you do to us.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxx

COPY RETAINED

Am sure you all will be aware but this company are in direct breach of the Fraud act 2006, attempting to charge for work not actually performed and for court fees when no court action has taken place. I have made a complaint to the police regarding this and now finding this thread will only add to the complaint.

Bryan Carter & Co last letter to me dated 20th march 2007

FINAL NOTICE

Dear Sir/madam (it's god to you)

RE: our client

account number 0000000

outstanding balance £0.00 (not really but that's what he's getting)

You have failed to repay this debt,which is seriously overdue(so is your letterheads in being changed t _ _ser)

Court proceedings will be issued on 27th march 2007 (i dont think so you aint no longer trading)without futher notice to you (nothing new there then) if payment is not received at our office before the above mentioned date.(ah so you do mention some things,and would that be the office you seased trading at on the 28th february ??)

Court costs and interest will be added to your debt(not as much interest as is going to be shown in you) if it is neccessary to go to court and therefore the outstanding debt will increase(ah i understand just like the hole you are digging ,thats increasing all the time)

You must make payment before the 27th march 2007 if you wish to avoid this matter going to court(and you should stop your naughty ways if you want to prevent big dave widening your a _ _e hole from the size of a twenty pence piece to a fifty pence piece in his nice little room with a metal door)

Payments can be accepted by debit cards (or in your case deceit cards) and in some instances credit card. please call us on telephone number 0870 112 5132(of course i will call you what would you like to be called , thief,to_ _er etc etc)

A judgement order may prevent you from gaining credit in the future(yes and big dave may prevent you from going to the toilet properly ever again) and will remain on the register of judgement debt for a period of 6 years.(am i bovvered)

we look forward to hearing from you with your payment(oh don't worry you will hear from me alright)

yours faithfully(mmm i think you mean yours fraudfully)

Bryan Carter.

BRYAN CARTER. SOLICITORS

BRYAN CARTER

De Havilland Drive Weybridge Surrey

KI13 ONT

Tel:

Fax: 0870 421 1321 DX: 87903 Weybridge

Business Hours

Sam - Spm Monday to Thursday Sam - 5pm Friday

Sam - lpm Saturd

Our Reference: Account number:

Re: The Carphone Warehouse Limited Balance: £157.84

Brand/Product: TalkTalk

Dear Mr ,

We are instructed in relation ~o recovery of the aforesaid debt.

We draw to your attention that payment must be made in full within the next seven days failing which we have instructions to issue proceedings for recovery of the same without further notice to you. Should proceedings be issued we draw to your attention that additional charges will be added to the existing balance.

* Outstanding Balance * £ 157.84 *

* Interest * £ 12.63 *

* Court Fees * £ 20.00 *

* Solicitor Costs * £ 50.00 *

* New Balance * £ 240.47 *

If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in

writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim. IF you fail to notify us of any potential dispute prior to issue of proceedings and you subsequently file a defence to any

claim we reserve the right to show this letter to the District Judge or Sheriff. To prevent furthertaction being taken please telephone Fredrickson International Ltd on 0870 4215468 within the next

7 days with your payment proposals.

Yours sincerely,

BRYAN CARTER & Co.

[s2lit 04:44]

Bryan F. Carter. Assistants: SJK Bowman. M Nourse Regulated by the Law Society

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

i would not have written this section. I might have THOUGHT it, however.

Hiya Tom, well I did send it mate. Why shouldn't they know that we now know where we stand against them. I detest companies like this. They seek to mislead and sting the poorest in society. Just because they have LLB after their names does not give them the right to charge for services not performed nor for court costs not actually incurred. Soz m8 am on a rant but I f**** hate them.