Princesswawa V's Nationwide

princesswawa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Newbie here that's just starting the process & looking for a little advice, encouragement & a little confidence in that I'm doing the right thing.

Have had a look at the FAQ's and the advice given to me on the welcome thread this morning & in following that info I'm aware of certain things that need to be done in order to claim back my bank charges. I've opened a parachute account already and have received a list from the nationwide outlining all my bank charges for the last 6 years which comes to the total amount of 1220.56 pounds as of the 29th March 07. I gather the next thing I need to do is process a prelim letter and someone in the welcome area very kindly directed me to templates so I will use that & post it off tomorrow to start the ball rolling . Could I ask how long do you wait until you sent the LBA is it 14 days or am I getting mixed up?

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance,

Take care Princesswawa Xxx

princess

14 days for the LBA after the Prelim Letter

Send everything by recorded delivery and check online that they were delivered.

14 days after receipt of the LBA, you are clear to file court papers.

regards

Varangian

princess

14 days for the LBA after the Prelim Letter

Send everything by recorded delivery and check online that they were delivered.

14 days after receipt of the LBA, you are clear to file court papers.

regards

Varangian

Thanks Varangian for the advice.

Have Prelim letter all drafted and ready to go didn't realise that I should send it recorded delivery so will do that Tuesday when P.O's open.

Have spent ages looking through site and ensuring first letter done properly so fingers crossed. Have so much more to read & digest in order to be successful so guess I'll be around next few days constantly. Will probably be asking advise constantly also lol.

Princess

If you want to ask questions quickly, or ask advice, try the chatroom. There are usually people there who will be happy to help with anything - night or day.:)

Also a place to meet new people claiming, and very friendly.

Varangian

Princess

If you want to ask questions quickly, or ask advice, try the chatroom. There are usually people there who will be happy to help with anything - night or day.:)

Also a place to meet new people claiming, and very friendly.

Varangian

Thanks for that am sure I'll be a regular visitor :-D

Princesswawa

Hi Princesswawa,

I will be sending my prelim letter and list of charges, recorded, on Tuesday too. I was going to send it yesterday, but realised that recorded would be a better idea and the post offices were shut.

So, good luck with your claim, we seem to be starting side-by side.

Hi Princesswawa,

I will be sending my prelim letter and list of charges, recorded, on Tuesday too. I was going to send it yesterday, but realised that recorded would be a better idea and the post offices were shut.

So, good luck with your claim, we seem to be starting side-by side.

Hi Aqualibrium,

good luck with your claim too. Will be good to see how we both get on in the timetable of things. Wasn't sure about the recorded delivery glad it was recommended though I guess it's good to keep check on when it was sent & delivered that way Nationwide can't say they didn't get prelim letter (not that they'll pay much attention to it ). Only thing is will have to print another one off my hubby say letter lying on unit this morning when I was away to work & has posted it normal delivery lol. Men when you want them to do something they don't and when you don't they do :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Princess,

just wondering if you had heard anything back yet?

I received the standard pee-off letter yesterday (19 May), 14 days are up on wednesday 23 May, almost halfway :)

All the best.

Just wondering Princess,

I noticed you are in Lanarkshire, I am in Renfrewshire, what process are you using after the LBA?

I'm asking because my claim is more than the 750 I can claim in the scottish courts and I cannot claim in England as I dont know anyone with an address I could use and also because its unlikely I could travel there in the event of my presence being requested in court. It looks like I will be going through the Financial Ombudsman Service, unless I get advice to the contrary.

Just wondering Princess,

I noticed you are in Lanarkshire, I am in Renfrewshire, what process are you using after the LBA?

I'm asking because my claim is more than the 750 I can claim in the scottish courts and I cannot claim in England as I dont know anyone with an address I could use and also because its unlikely I could travel there in the event of my presence being requested in court. It looks like I will be going through the Financial Ombudsman Service, unless I get advice to the contrary.

Hi there,

Have decided after LBA to go for summary cause. Am claiming a little over 1200 I think you can claim up to 1500 with this. Are you within this money amount or over? What about this action?was going to go the FOS way but not 100 % sure on how to do this so think I'm best sticking with this route as have more of an idea of what to do based on what I've read on here. What do you have to do with FOS? I hasve family in England & I guess I could use one of their addresses but I like to keep my business mine if you know what I mean lol, plus with being under 1500 think I'm ok on summary cause.

Have just printed off LBA and will send this registered tomorrow.

Princesswawa Xxx

Hi ......I live in Central Scotland, and also do not have an address in England. I filed claim at Berwick upon Tweed (nearest English County Court), which is not too far away. Nationwide have until 6th June to file their defence....good luck with yours!