HSBC cancel cheque

sidtheranger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am submitting this for my friend who has just moved and not got his internet connection sorted.

He has filed a claim against HSBC for an amount in the region of £4 -£5k.

He filed his claim thru the local County Court with his fee ( paid with by HSBC cheque), and the bank had until Apr 27th to respond. Heard nothing, so on Mon 30th, he contacted the Court to see about next stage. He was told, by court staff, that the cheque had been stopped by the bank.

Now, he is in credit, so that is not the reason it was stopped. He contacted the branch and they were unable to find out why.

Is this the new tactic to ensure more time for the bank? As he now has to start the Court process again.

I am a cynical old sod and I suspect foul play here, I know it's not Colonel Mustard and the Dagger type stuff but still, when the 'Money Men' are threatened, who knows what they will do.

As an aside, a QC has been appointed in Guildford to deal with all such claims, his role, it seams, is to prevent further time wasting by banks who defend and then pay out at the 11th hour. This info was passed to me by somebody at a local County Court in Surrey. They have been asked to pass all defended actions to Guildford.

It seams the Courts have had enough of the banks shenanigans.

Bear with me.

have you got any written evidence to say that the cheque was stopped? was there a cheque guarantee card number on the back?? i'm flabbergasted that the bank can stop a cheque if there IS sufficient funds in the account!:eek:

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

That does sound very suspicious, what a pain. Art least you may be able to use this as 'evidence' of the banks apparent & alledged time wasting and stalling tactics if you ever get to the point where you need to submit the court bundle (unlikely).

I have just spoken to someone at my local court and she seemed to know exactly what's happening in terms of proceedures for penatly charge claims, knew it off the top of her head. I'm sure there isn't a court in the country that is not overrun with such claims and know exatly what the banks are like. Time for something to change! Good luck!

Thanks Netty and Nightmare,

I believe that the cheque had card number on back. I'm not sure if my pal has written proof of cheque refusal but I will tell to get it if possible.

I am sure that the Courts must be getting very sick of the banks and their tactics and its a good thing that we have, in this country, many diligent staff at the courts who are working hard on this.

This is the most extreme act of time wasting from banks that I've seen personally. Myself, I have had missing statements and no statements at all from GE Money. But that's another story that I am about to post in the relevant area.

Any how, thanks again and I shall pass all info across.

All strength to your arm.:)

Bear with me.

netty why so shocked? we know they already stopped a maintenance payment in my case and then denied all knowledge, so something like this, if fully accurate, shouldn't really come as any great surprise.

don't know if we're getting into the realm of libel here or not so I'm stopping at this point, just wanted to say that IF they have stopped the cheque out of some sort of retaliatory action for daring to claim against them, then I'm not entirely shocked

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D