Redstone Mortgages- can anyone help?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

am a newbie on this site and not sure which section I should use for this.......but I really need to rant about lovely Redstone Mortgages!!......and any advice gratefully received! I am having a nightmare with Redstones.. ended up having a mortgage with them in Nov 06 because my partner had previously been with them and hadnt realised that they charge 'ha ha' amounts for early redemption. so we ended up being tied into them for a two year period. rate ok etc so thought we would 'serve our time' then get out. But now the problems have really kicked in! from taking bizarre amounts out by direct debit, charging whatever rate takes their fancy that month, having a totally different mortgage amount to the one we actually received through the solicitor.......oooh not being able to tell us the interest rate. adding arrangement fees over and over again (when we actually paid them upfront)......the list goes on. The grand finale was that we received a 6 month statement and there are entries on the account that arent ours (ie cash payments), further advances that we definitely different request.....oh lots more arrangement fees for the the advances that we didnt actually apply for. ending up with over 50 entries and ammendments and at one time a balance that was £200k over our original mortgage!!.......I am in the middle of playing detective but am not getting far apart from having a very cryptic conversation with someone at Redstones who whispered that people were 'dabbling' with our account and it was a right mess..........well done him for noticing!! am awaiting a response to our formal complaint listing all our queries and asking for explanations etc, but just wondered what I should do next or does anyone have a similar tale?

cheers

• 11 months later...