hsbc bank charges

phugh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i am a newie at this hope i do it right ,i am currently awaiting a date for a hearing in court for the hsbc on bank charges,i have had no offer from the banks at all ,do you think that they will give me an offer before the court date or will they go all the way to court,what is the general rule on this one:confused:

Hi i am a newie at this hope i do it right ,i am currently awaiting a date for a hearing in court for the hsbc on bank charges,i have had no offer from the banks at all ,do you think that they will give me an offer before the court date or will they go all the way to court,what is the general rule on this one:confused:

Each case regarding offers is different, however the one thinkg that is the same is that they wont go to court.

Read the success threads in the HSBC forum this will show you what to expect.

hi livelylad i asked for a refund of £2,562 got an offer of £1,822 but still awaiting a court date ,do i accept this offer or fight all the way to court even though as in almost all cases the banks dont turn up anyway ,there offer doesnt involve interest or the mcol cost of £120.00 ,do i write them a nudge letter & ask them again for the amount owing as i believe i will have to folk out another £100.00 in more costs ,gets a bit expensive all this court stuff :rolleyes:

hi livelylad i asked for a refund of £2,562 got an offer of £1,822 but still awaiting a court date ,do i accept this offer or fight all the way to court even though as in almost all cases the banks dont turn up anyway ,there offer doesnt involve interest or the mcol cost of £120.00 ,do i write them a nudge letter & ask them again for the amount owing as i believe i will have to folk out another £100.00 in more costs ,gets a bit expensive all this court stuff :rolleyes:

Hi I have enclosed a link for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

You are now entitled to the interest and the court fees. Fight all teh way for your money.

thanks a lot for that information ,i will write a letter stating my objectives & wait for a reply ,hopefully full refund before court date ,its in there best interest to settle isnt it !how long do you think for court dates are we talking months because of the back logs :rolleyes:

HELLO AGAIN,DO I SEND A NUDGE LETTER TO THE SERVICE QUALITY TEAM IN LEEDS [THATS WHERE THERE OFFER CAME FROM ] MR LOKER.OR TO DG BUT I DONT KNOW THERE ADDRESS ,WHAT DO YOU THINK ,IF I NEED TO WRITE TO DG CAN YOU GIVE ME THERE ADDRESS ,REGARDS PHUGH:confused:

hi phugh, this might help if it is DG then it may well be kate eaves who is dealing with it, she is dealing with mine. here email is [email protected]..... you could send any future mail via this as well as snail mail...........from Northampton court today they are running a min of 6 days behind........... due to the volume of claims.....

rockin all over the world

yes my case has been defended & i am now awaiting a transfer date to my local court ,i did phone them up last week to see if they had a date yet they told me it would take 2 weeks ,still awaiting date ,but in the mean time i did get an offer of £1,800 from leeds i am claiming £2,500 ,wrote a letter back to them registered post telling them that i was rejecting there offer ,hoping to get a full offer before my court date ,going on hols at the end of june could do with some spends ;)

i'd send one of those rejection letters to hsbc - to the place where the offer originated - and put in the letter that they don't appear to be up to date as you have now filed in county court and would require the reimbursement of court fees. give them your claim number and date -

this is actually just a courtesy - because as above - from filing - you are actually being dealt with by dg now. so, i'd send dg a copy of that letter and your reply and also a copy of your breakdown. send a nice little letter saying that you understand that they are defending the claim, that you hope to hear from them soon, that you will require xxxx.xx (full amount) to settle the claim.

there are some ideas for letters in post 1 of both my aq threads in my signature. i'm advising a nudge letter to dg every 10 days with a breakdown until they offer - with you rejecting that offer from the bank - it seems a logical opening for your first nudge letter.

Thanks all for your help, Lateralus on Tuesday I sent them an email copied from this site, the I know you are very busy with claims, kind of thing. I also gave them a dead line of the 15th of this month in it to seetle otherwise do not bother making an offer "we will see you infront of the judge".

So far no acknowledgement, I did however send a refusal as soon as that offer came in, HSBC have not acknowledged that letter so far, we also sent one 14 days later giving them a date when court action would be subbmiteed, they also have not responded to this either :) but that is a good suggestion and I will do so today........

What I have also done is email the local paper drawing attention to the fact the banks are using the judicial system for prevaricating............and have drawn reference to the article by the Judge in Bristol.....My hope is that some of the judges might just read it, not be aware of that and it might just make them look at the actions in their courts a little differently....... Well it cant od any harm can it?:)

Tried phoning Northampton County Court yesterday afternoon but alas from 3.45 till 5pm continually engaged( think thye have had enopugh by that time of day).

Have just phoned them whilst typing htis:) :) :) :) it has been transfered to my local court yesterday, and we are being sent a copy of their defence. I asked the very nice lady who I spoke ot " oh so I shoudl have it tomorrow or Monday at the latest then", that might be a bit quick but certainly next week....

Oh Oh Oh (its like getting near xmas).........So the next step is they court will either send the AQ thingy or jsut issue the court date yes?.......

Thanks all, this site and those who offer this service are indespensable.........Auburn

Oh sorry auburn, I thought you had already received a defence ( ishould have read your thread properly). I have had a standard defence that I could post. Where do you think the best place would be to post it? Should it be in a thread of it's own?

I will post it as soon as it arrives Freakly then you can compare it to the one you received........... erm i ma struggling finding things onthe site as it is...............wouldnt know where to start but maybe a defences thread is a good idea............

Lateralus I am more than happy to be wrong but i thought prevaricating meant To stray from or evade the truth...........now the banks are evading the truth as regards real cost of bank charges, so libel would not be an option:idea: .......... again i could be wrong with my understanding of Procrastination but thought it meant avoidance of an action or task to a later time.............

Now if both definitions are indeed correct , then it is possible both would apply:idea: but thanks for your thoughts, I will be more careful in the words and meaning I use in future........... thanks aururn:)

yes, they both apply but you can say someone is putting things off that should be done and not go to court but if you call someone a liar............

other words to be avoided are thieving scumbags, etc....

we can think lots of things but have to be careful what we accuse peeps of - else the site gets in trouble, too.

think i was general enough - but watch this get edited!