Reclaiming Bank Charges - 2nd Time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As per the great info and help from this site I managed to claim back £605 back in bank charges which I had occured over the last 4 years of being with Halifax.

Any 2-3 months later, I have had a couple of direct debits come out mid month and I had insufficient funds to pay these and as a result I now have two £30 bank charges and a £28 charge for goimg over my overdraft.

I have just called them and spoke with Lianna Crewson who advised this was part of my terms and conditions and that the previous charges were refunded as a good will gesture and nothing to do with the fact that it is the law.

What do I do now, do I need to send them a threatening letter or is there nothing I can do.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

send your prelim and start again.

You can claim as many times as you like, but the more you claim, the more chances are they will close your account.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi All

As per the great info and help from this site I managed to claim back £605 back in bank charges which I had occured over the last 4 years of being with Halifax.

Any 2-3 months later, I have had a couple of direct debits come out mid month and I had insufficient funds to pay these and as a result I now have two £30 bank charges and a £28 charge for goimg over my overdraft.

I have just called them and spoke with Lianna Crewson who advised this was part of my terms and conditions and that the previous charges were refunded as a good will gesture and nothing to do with the fact that it is the law.

What do I do now, do I need to send them a threatening letter or is there nothing I can do.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

thats rubbish you can reclaim the charges, its the same process as before. However please be aware they are more likely to close your account as you have previously claimed , so I advise opening a parachute account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

Thank you people, I will wait until the end of the month and then send another request.

Also I would like to apply for charges made on a credit card account, would I just send the same letter applying back for bank charges and modify it, or is there an alternatively letter to send.

Thanks again,

Stephen.

Thank you people, I will wait until the end of the month and then send another request.

Also I would like to apply for charges made on a credit card account, would I just send the same letter applying back for bank charges and modify it, or is there an alternatively letter to send.

Thanks again,

Stephen.

The SAR is the same however use this to ask for the cash back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/586-credit-store-card-letter.html

• 1 month later...

Thanks again,

Do I need to edit the letter at all, advising this is the 2nd time I have complained about the charges or do I just send the standard letter which I sent previously.

Steve

I would think just the standard letter!

This is the 4th time this morning that folks have been asking about having a "second go".

It might be time to post a sticky that people could visit!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I would think just the standard letter!

This is the 4th time this morning that folks have been asking about having a "second go".

It might be time to post a sticky that people could visit!

Good call Dusary

everyone needs to be asking for full banking history at outset.

thats rubbish you can reclaim the charges,

Hasten to add . . . livelylad didn't mean SSLady's comment - he meant the bank's! :rolleyes:

And, yes, Kenny - DAMN RIGHT!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning everyone

My 2nd claim has been declined. This was for 3 bank charges of £30 an additional £28 for going over my overdraft. Now last week I had a payment come out of my account which I thought was already account for in my available balance. Turns out it wasn't and I then went £3.36 over my limit, resluting in yes, another bank charge which they are collecting today and as I don't get paid until friday (monthly wage) I am going to get yet another bloody charge.

Where do I go from here, I have other account I can use should mine be closed and my girlfriend and I have recently opened a joint account whcih both of our wages will be paid into therefore I now have no use for the Halifax if they fo decide to close my account.

Is there a standard letter I can send regarding a reply to a declined letter. Could someone kindly copy and paste me the link to the correct webpage.

kind regards

Stephen