Here we go again!

remus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:p Good morning all, Got my notice of issue this morning,deemed served 27 april HSBC has until 11 may to reply.

Have my court date july 25th with Lloyds TSB so am not new to this, are HSBC any easier than LTSB?

Read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi HSBCrusher long time no speak;) have already seen how they operate,:p and am looking forward to it:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

update, acknowledgement of service filed 2/5/07 as predicted:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi,

Have got my HSBC statement, and have noticed, that they have very kindly stopped charging me each time they put the loan in and take it out again:rolleyes:

But where I was paying £5.76 interest, this month it will be £9.92:eek:

Now before my £4 credit was jogging along OK, but this is going to take me further and quicker in to more debt.

Anyone any idea why it has doubled?

And what if anything I can do about it?

Any:p thoughts gratefully recieved

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

LOL my thoughts exactly:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

LOL :D Yes knew you would be creeping up on me at some point lateralus

:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi lateralus,

i don't think i'm scary! only to HSBC:D or elephants

I think I will pop in, as nearly double seems a bit much, even with the rise in interest rates.

Thank the lord or someone for fixed rate mortgages:p

Read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, have a question, trying to log on to my internet banking, and for the past 2 days, it says details incorrect, I know I am putting in the right pass word etc.

Am I getting paranoid? as before I started my claim all was tickty boo:confused:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

I had the same problem. I went into local branch and asked them to sort it and they did!

I asked why it had not recognised my details and if it was anything to do with the fact I was in the process of claiming back charges. She said "of course not, the bank does not opperate in an underhand manner like that". (Yeah, right!!!)

It has been fine ever since!:)

Thanks for that freaky leaky, you do being to wonder;) especially as I am checking ever day, just incase an amount appears unannounced:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi all, have today received HSBC defense along with AQ to fill in by 8th June.

5 pointer

4) charges represent the contractually agreed price for the services provided and the UTCCRs are not applicable to them; alternatively, they are not unfair contrary to the UTCCRs. Further, the charges are not default charges and, accordingly, cannot amount to a penalty.

Is this the norm? Are AQs now being used again to further delay and frustrate?:evil:

Have read through Mrs Abs thread, and will read the links by boo lateralus, looks like another long haul, hey hoo:rolleyes:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Ok HELP!!

just rang up to see why I had no IB, asked could it be because it is in dispute, reply was possibly, he had a look at my account, and came back with the account has been closed and passed to metropolitain.

This is the first communication I have had:mad:

am a bit all over the place, not sure of what to do:(

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi all, the account was/is on a payment plan, ticking along ok, the charges would have reduced the outstanding, sorry didn't expect it to go into meltdown:( Still haven't heard from HSBC officially, no doubt I shall hear in the next few days. I shall limp over to the debt forum where I spend most of my days.

annoyed that they have taken away the Ib.

Yes lateralus I shall continue with my claim, which CAB suggested I do.

Yes HSBCrusher my account is in a state. (I realise this is why they have closed my account). Sorry, your question this is my first claim? with HSBC yes.

nettyg you pair watch out for them elephants:eek:

I'm feeling quite proud at the moment, am I the first to have the famous three in a row?

You laugh or you cry:) Thank you for being there it means a lot.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Thank you for that lateralus:)

I have not received official notification from HSBC yet, informing me that it has been closed and passed to Metro, I just stumbled across it as I was asking about my loss of internet banking, so at this moment I do not know their reasons for doing so.

My last communication with HSBC was on the 6/3/07 demanding immediate payment of ...., with a means form to fill in.

The means form was very intrusive, so I contacted CAB who re-sent the orginal income/expenditure. CAB suggested at that time I should reclaim the charges.

I am now wandering if I should report HSBC to someone re the very intrusive means form,:mad: as I did start to fill it in, and was going to return it, HSBC would have duped me into giving information on every aspect of my life, are they legally allowed to request such detailed information?

How many others have passed this information to HSBC, to give them leverage to suggest selling of house/car your granny?

any thoughts?

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Thank you for that lateralus:)

I have not received official notification from HSBC yet, informing me that it has been closed and passed to Metro, I just stumbled across it as I was asking about my loss of internet banking, so at this moment I do not know their reasons for doing so.

My last communication with HSBC was on the 6/3/07 demanding immediate payment of ...., with a means form to fill in.

The means form was very intrusive, so I contacted CAB who re-sent the orginal income/expenditure. CAB suggested at that time I should reclaim the charges.

I am now wandering if I should report HSBC to someone re the very intrusive means form,:mad: as I did start to fill it in, and was going to return it, HSBC would have duped me into giving information on every aspect of my life, are they legally allowed to request such detailed information?

How many others have passed this information to HSBC, to give them leverage to suggest selling of house/car your granny?

any thoughts?

As far as I am concerned I agree with you on this Remus. We know how rubbish the banks are at keeping our data safe, and in any case your personal life is none of their dammned buisness. If you were keeping up with your payments, I see no reason why they should close your account in such a way, and this is obviously some sort of punishment for you daring to reclaim. Proving this is difficult, however because the bank will just say "we closed it because of the state of the account". You need to complain to the bank about this. Afterwards you could complain to the FOS... and you could argue that your account was in dire straits because of excess charges, or they contributed to the situation... its worth a go but what success you would have I dont know. Take a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/63646-alliance-leicester-fined-fos.html?highlight=complain+account+closure

Thanks HSBCrusher, have read through the link, also the FOS link, which made me LOL, the FOS went to Cheshire Zoo for their training day, perhaps to help them understand the nature of the Beast they would be dealing with after the 6th April:D .

Will wait for HSBC to get in touch and go from there.

Now I've calmed down, thank you all:) 1 positive is if the account is closed, they will have to send me a cheque to dispose of how I see fit:p .

I will be looking into the means form:mad:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

metropolitan have sent their urgent communication!

now, it refers to my current account, with outstanding of x amount, nothing else.

I have c/a loan (credit card), the amount can only refer to the loan.

Have I a case for sar letter to metro? :confused:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08