Worried i have done a claim wrong!

breedsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You really do need to do a lot more work on this. The schedule of charges should have been submitted at N1 stage - without it you have submitted no evidence of how you have arrived at your claim.

You also need to start to prepare your court bundle as has been mentioned before.

As for using the MSE bank charges interest calculator - why not use the one on here?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are various spreadsheets to assist with your interest calculations here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The most common where claiming SI at 8% is the England - Simple - Excel spreadsheet.

If you have not done these calculations before, I am unsure how you are going to get the figures to tie up with your claim form. Indeed I am not sure if you have even claimed interest.

You need to spend a lot of time on this site to understand what you are doing. Read this every day, at least once (and learn it off by heart for a test later in the week:) ):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Nicsussex has told you off so I will not add to that.

Do not be too concerned we have not caught this too late. We need to get it right though - it would be a shame for your to loose out on £4K.

Keep posting up your questions.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I have done the calculations before on the MSE calculator, i sent it out as this....

charge value date interest total

£40 11/07/2000 £19.95 £59.95

And so on, is this right?

You guy's have been a great help but i didnt realise there was so much involed, i'm really finding it hard going :-(

That looks okay. I cannot check the maths though, you may want to input it into the spreadsheet in my post 27 to check your calculations are correct.

It is easy to make a mistake where you have many charges. Obviously better if they tie up, but if your interest calculations are out by a bit it does not matter too much.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Right i have now printed off my charges schedule and the letter you put on here for me to print with an apologie ready to send off tomorrow to the courts.... I really hope i can do this!!!

hi, maybe that would be a good idea. no, not used any, not had the need. this site and it's members has given me all the information and support I needed, however because this is a self help site I did read a great many threads and FAQs before starting to get my chargers back.

Good Luck.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Breedsey, don't lose it, read read and read some:p more, the answers are all here, if you can't find what your looking for just keep asking questions, we are all behind you in our own way. If I can do it you can:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi,

I think all you need to know is that it's very do-able. Some people have a harder time than others doing it, but the vast majority of people walk away with their money. There really is a tremendous amount of help and information available here. You could spend £250 on help but you seem to be able to ask the right questions in the right place. I'd bet that £250 being able to do it yourself. The odds really are in your favour;)

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hi Breedsey, the MSE calculator works out the 8% interest, I to used that as my charges schedule (started of on MSE);) and by following the site step by step I now have a court date. I also messed up at the start and thought all was lost, but was guided through what I needed to do, also added a piece with my AQ from GaryH re the defendant knows I am litigant in person (yep little ole me:D ) . Did you post Charges letter and GuidoT letter?

I'm off now to read the link in Nicsussex post 19 to keep on claiming:)

read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi, it also depends on how much time you put in to it, if you want something bad enough you will do it. I am absolutely hopeless if i was a Blondie I would be the typical dumb one so if i can do it i am sure you can too, just keep reading and follow all the rules, it's a bit like a game with each side taking turns on the next move but knowing you have the winning hand. my daughter has bank chargers in excess of £4,000 but she will not claim them as she always has something other to do, claiming chargers back or just not important to her and yet she is not well of by any means. I suppose it's also how angry you are that someone has took your money without your permission, i know mine means more to me then the bank, and i will enjoy so much more know i have got it all back by myself, (with the help of this site) meaning not having to pay professionals to do it for me charging me more money. I am going to love spending this if I win.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi guys, Thank's all for your replies.... Feeling a bit more positive about the whole situation now so think i am going to give it a go myself... So if i'm right the next thing i need to do is send a schedule of charges with a letter to the courts apologising for the delay in sending them, and ask them to put them with my particulars of claim?

Hi guys, Thank's all for your replies.... Feeling a bit more positive about the whole situation now so think i am going to give it a go myself... So if i'm right the next thing i need to do is send a schedule of charges with a letter to the courts apologising for the delay in sending them, and ask them to put them with my particulars of claim?

Hi

Yes, that's right.

Good luck, just shout if you need any help.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

I just receieved the copy of my particulars of claim form the court, this is what i put in it...

1. Between the dates of 11.7.2000-07.07.2005 the Defendant applied numerous defalt charges to the claiments bacnk account.

2. The charges applied constitute an unfair penalty under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, which state A term is unfair if it requires any consumer who fails his obligation to pay a disproportionatley high sum in compensation. The amount charged does not reflect the cost of the breach.

3. Under the County Courts Act 1984 the claiment is entitled to interest at a 8% per annum from the date they were first deprived of the money to the date of this claim. This ammounts to a total sum of £780.37,continuing to acrue at the statutory daily rate of .021% until judgement or earlier payment.

The claimant therefore asks the courts to enter judgement in their favour for the sum of £2480.00 plus interest, amounting to a total of £3260.37.

Thats more than I put on my initial POC:o Breedsey you are doing fine, just read read and read some:p more

what you gonna do with that 250 thats no longer going to line someone else's pocket:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Thats more than I put on my initial POC:o Breedsey you are doing fine, just read read and read some:p more

what you gonna do with that 250 thats no longer going to line someone else's pocket:D

Put it towards a holiday:grin:

You did put your account number on your claim, didn't you?!

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

yes breedsey, I'm sure you must have put it on some of the paper work, put it at the top of your list of charges to show that is the account the charges relate to, and also on the bit were you have written" charges to the claimants account namely, account no......" dont panic:p

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08