final settlement

pebbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

many thanks

i have just recieved a cheque off the courts saying i dont have to pay for the questionaire, thats ok with me

i will just sit and wait now for the hearing date

i hope its soon i need a holiday

pebbles

Hi Pebbles

I was sent the letter offering me 50% refund and I am struggling to word the response to their letter asking for the full amount back withing 14 days. I too dont like the idea of court but If I get all my charges back, my account is clear. That would be great so I am hoping you can help me with my response.

Thanks

M

hi nancies

yeah have a read through my posts, i have been advised to accept the offer but only as an intirim payment and that i will proceed for the rest in court, its better to get all your money back than let them have it, they have made 3.6 billion profit cos people wont fight back for what is rightfully theirs

pebbles

good luck

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I returned the questionnaire to the court myself around 2/3 weeks ago and sent it recorded delivery I have not heard anything either ... dont know if this is normal, if you find out let me know aswell.

Nas

I dont know what is normal, I think it depends on how busy the court is.

I sent back my AQ 2nd August. I rang the court about 10days ago to ask what was happening and was told I should be informed of the date for my hearing in the next week or so. Fingers crossed the letter may turn up next week. Pretty certain that Barclays wont pay up until a few days before the hearing. No way am I giving up with these bloodsuckers.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 2 weeks later...

i have just phoned the courts to find out where my claim was upto, the lady said that i just have to wait til the judge can fit me in, it will be around 2 weeks as he has to fit it in between his appointments.

well ill have to wait

pebbles

• 1 month later...

had a letter from court saying the needed a signitue from my claim, i have sent it back with my signiture and i am still waiting, i didnt know it would take so long.

keep watching this space

i will let you know of any changes

pebbles

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, received a letter from Barclays Yesterday and they have agreed to pay me teh amount claimed for plus 100 pounds, the nhearring was due today.. htey followed up the letter with a phone call and asked me to ask me if I accept the offer, quite natureally they are paying me the amount I am claiming for so I have asked them to amend the letter to my choice of words before I can sign it..

regards Nas

• 1 month later...

thats good to hear, i just received my hearing letter from courts.

its in feb. does antone know what i do next, do i get intouch with the bank, im considering letting the news people know as its been on news before and i want my story heard, im still being charged too

this must be the final step surely

get intouch

pebbles

• 1 month later...

Hi Pebbles,

I am waiting for my court date, so not sure myself, but was just on Glenns thread (Barclays) and he received his chq today about a week before the hearing. So hang in there I am sure they will contact you before the hearing and pay up.

Have you got all your court bundles ready! and when is your court date.

DS

finally

i had a phone call from them and they have settled in full.

got a letter too basically saying that i havent a leg to stand on in court but we dont want to go to court so lets settle now.

i accepted of course

thanks to this brilliant site

donation when my chq arrives and clears

thanks to everyone who helped me

pebbles xx

finally

i had a phone call from them and they have settled in full.

got a letter too basically saying that i havent a leg to stand on in court but we dont want to go to court so lets settle now.

i accepted of course

thanks to this brilliant site

donation when my chq arrives and clears

thanks to everyone who helped me

pebbles xx

Congratulations, I told you they would settle. Just as a matter of interest how long before the court date did you receive this letter and was it for the full amount that you were asking for.

DS

• 2 weeks later...

thanx, was deffinetley worth the wait.. they tried also making me swear confidentiallity you know!! I sent the letter back crossed out that section and accepted.. but the cheek!! 1 day before the court settlement.

M Naseer

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks