Lowells Income & Expenditure Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I found this site I had been trying to negotiate a payment with Lowells, I sent them an income & expenditure sheet that I'd typed up myself. Of course they ignored it, and their threatening letters continued, accusing me of ignoring their letters etc. So I wrote saying basically its you ignoring my letters, not me ignoring yours...and I sent you I & E details which you have ignored. Well in response I had a letter from them saying further to your recent telephone call we enclose an I & E form, fill it in and we'll appraise your case. This letter was dated 17th Feb, the only call I ever made was 4th Jan, at first I thought silly people must have lost the one I sent. So I set about filling their form in. It was 3 pages long, I filled in just the first page, as I considered the info asked on other pages to be irrelevant and to be honest non of their goddam business.

The 2nd & 3rd pages asked for:

Employment details

Employer

Address

Occupation

National Insurance No

Telephone No

Bank details

Name of bank

Address

Type of account

Account no

Current property

Telephone no

Type (as in semi, detached, flat ect)

No of bedrooms

Approx value

Tenure

Name & address of mortgage co/landlord

Other assets

Car (type) (value)

Other " "

Other " "

Other " "

Other debts

A box to put all details of lenders, term, payment, CCJ etc given.

Dependants

Yes/No Ages Number

Payment proposal

(Now this is the interesting bit, I hadn't really realised the significance of it at the time, thank goodness I'm the sort who adheres to the 'need to know' theory.)

I/We acknowledge and accept my/our liability in respect of the account and confirm that I/we are prepared to pay £ per calender month towards the repayment of such liability. The first of such payments will commence on the day of 20__.

Or, please set out your alternative proposals for repayment of the debt:-

Then signatures and date of signing is asked for.

Well I re-read this form last night and suddenly realised the implications of it, and another possible implication.

Firstly the obvious, they would have all the details they need to harrass the life out of you where ever they want. They would know all your financial details, even down to if to own a pedigree racing gerbil, which they might later want to take! They would even know your Nat Ins no!

Maybe they have a sideline in identity theft :rolleyes:

The possible implication is that by signing the payment proposal you are signing to accept liability which could been seen as binding.

I hope someone can throw some light on this 'liability' statement.

However, for anyone just entering into a battle with Lowells...if they send you an Income & Expenditure form....DON'T fill in the last 2 pages. The info requested there is nothing to do with your I & E, its just info they want so they can try and stitch you up.

• Haha 1

Personally, I wouldnt fill anything in that Lowells send, return them your own I & E sheet with only the relevant info.

I would not sign anything with that statement of admission at the end of it, I would imagine that pledging your soul to the devil would be the safer option.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Hi Jeff, thanks for the attachment which I've saved for if I need one in the future, as its better than the one I did. Tbh I'm beyond that stage with Lowells now...as they are in default of my cca request, having sent only an illegible and incomplete application form.

It was just that on re-reading the bits I didn't fill in & send back, it made me realise what they were asking for...all the personal info that is nothing to do with income & expenditure...and the liability part.

I'm hoping some clever bod can confirm if signing this would make you bound to an alleged debt.

I aslo just wanted to warn others who might get this form aware of its implications.

But thanks again Jeff.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the attachment which I've saved for if I need one in the future, as its better than the one I did. Tbh I'm beyond that stage with Lowells now...as they are in default of my cca request, having sent only an illegible and incomplete application form.

It was just that on re-reading the bits I didn't fill in & send back, it made me realise what they were asking for...all the personal info that is nothing to do with income & expenditure...and the liability part.

I'm hoping some clever bod can confirm if signing this would make you bound to an alleged debt.

I also just wanted to warn others who might get this form aware of its implications.

But thanks again Jeff.

Hi Zimmie,

No problem.

I would definitely not sign anything that even remotely sounds like an admittance of a debt!

I think you are quiet right about some of the info they are asking for. It's none of their damn business!

Regards, Jeff.

Hi again, and many thanks to Jeff, Dave & Vamp..you have confirmed what I thought. Its stuck on the last page of what they call an income & expenditure form...with the bit about a payment proposal..which they browbeat so many into offering! Thank goodness I'm paranoid and don't even like admitting my name to myself...let alone such details to the likes of them!

Vamp, re the identity theft...again maybe my paranoia, but why the hell do Lowells need such a vast amount of personal details and someone's Nat Ins No on an I & E form?? I'm not suggesting they would do such a thing of course, but it only needs one inscrupulous employee :rolleyes:

Priority One, yes I have sent CCA, they defaulted on 19th April, having only sent me a copy application form which is illegible, plus before photocopying it was folded & stapled to hide the section on PPI. I did write back saying not what I asked for but haven't heard anymore yet.

Full story in my thread "Lowells - preying on the vulnerable"

Thanks all again for you invaluable comments, I really hope anyone who gets this form from Lowells reads this before completing it.