unknown thousands in my bank!!!!

kaileo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh i am so happy i found this thread... ive been wondering where my money had gone astray..... can i have it back please....?;)

Lol........... nice one will!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

Kaileo, you have heard the multitude speak, "i am spartacus" we claim but tis the weekend so a trip to local branch on Monday may be in order to state that the money is not yours and you do not want it in your account as you are neither expecting it nor wanting it.

Kaileo, you have heard the multitude speak, "i am spartacus" we claim but tis the weekend so a trip to local branch on Monday may be in order to state that the money is not yours and you do not want it in your account as you are neither expecting it nor wanting it.

not expecting it but now its there oh my god i'm wanting it!!!!!!!!!! but you're right soon as gonna get to the bank and get it sorted!! thanks for all your advice.

This may clear things up a little.

Theft (Amendment) Act 1996

This Act is not relevant.

only relevant if the actual money transfered has been obtained by deception / theft etc etc. this was added to the theft Act to deal with electronic transfers of stolen money obtained by things like mortgage fraud. The original theft act didnt cover it as an electronic transfer of money isnt considered property.

By keeping this money you do not commit any criminal offence.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

You lucky thing! my advice would be to place in a high interest account and not touch a penny in case the bank realises the error made. Also, make sure you get the names of the persons that you have spoken with at the bank and if possible a response to any queries in writing as a back up for yourself.

only relevant if the actual money transfered has been obtained by deception / theft etc etc. this was added to the theft Act to deal with electronic transfers of stolen money obtained by things like mortgage fraud. The original theft act didnt cover it as an electronic transfer of money isnt considered property.

when i read the section of the act quoted i didn't think that i would be but its just all a bit confusing!!! may i ask what you would suggest to be the best course of action to take????????

Check it out at your nat west branch as previously advised. If you still get nowhere........................... keep the cash?????!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

one thing that i dont know wether has come accross very well and that is that it was not just payment from one person but two different individuals have made the payments into my account!!! that is what im finding hard to believe how two mistakes can be made like that!!!!!!!!

Guest NATTIE

you are right on that one, but it may be possible that your account number may have another owner albeit a different sort code and somewhere along the way that has happened.

I will clarify, say one account number is 12345678 at sort code 123456 well that number may also be a legitimate account at sort code 345678. Make sense

It is a possibility which i have evaded to use as i was not sure if this could be a reason. As we have all said it is worth asking that the payments are investigated by the bank because it is not your money and you do not wish to accept it because of it.

Somebody out there loves you methinks!!!!!! :D

Seriously, is there a possibility that they've mixed your name/details up with someone else????

Oo er..........:o this thread's getting more intriguing by the minute!!!!!!! xx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Somebody out there loves you methinks!!!!!! :D

Seriously, is there a possibility that they've mixed your name/details up with someone else????

Oo er..........:o this thread's getting more intriguing by the minute!!!!!!! xx

well i don't know anyone in spain had no commercial dealings online or otherwise with anyone spain so no chance of obtaining my account details either!!! vvvvvvvvvv strange!!!!!!!!!!!

Think some1 might be threading just to be funny, just read this thread in another section on this site, and one figure you state £20.000 the next £23.500 sure if i carry on searching i might find another thread about the same subject, with another dream like figure, thought this site was to assist each other to get our rights correct and aid in difficult cirmcumstances, okay we all like a laugh, and it got peeps hopes up, but enough is enough, joke rumbled................. no bank would state is isnt there problem, it would instantly freeze any money placed into the account you do not state is yours, and seek to address where it came from, even involving the police due to money laundering, the banks aren't total fools and dont always get things wrong, in this instance the money would have been freezed instantly end off. Best you can come to saying to ur friends that you had that much in ur account, is get a cash point mini statement and keep it as a reminder, when you thought you might have been rich, we can all dream.........:)

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

The plot totally thickens!!!!!!!! :o Methinks an early visit to your branch is well in order first thing monday morning mate. Lol............. why do things like this never happen to me??!!!!!!!!!! xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Guest NATTIE

shywazz there is 2 threads on this, 1 here and the other in the natwest thread. They OP has a claim with natwest ongoing which they last updated 14th with MCOL, they maybe trying to sort something else out to make sure it does not have a bearing on their claim. JMHO

Hi Kaileo,

Just an idea! deposit it into a high saving account if you have one and collect the interest. if bank asks where the money is? state you have kept it in another account, so you didn't spend any. I'm sure there is nothing illegal.......

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong and humbly apologise.

;)

TTFN

Sean

Guest littlesally

Theft (Amendment) Act 1996

That may not count but what about this?

This is money paid under a mistake of fact and whoever paid it to you is entitled to recover it. There is caselaw going back over 160 years, one of the earliest is Kelly v. Solari (1841) 152 E.R. 24 at 26 where Baron Parke stated,

"I think that where money is paid to another under the influence of a mistake, that is, upon the supposition that a specific fact is true, which would entitle the other to the money, but which fact is untrue, and the money would not have been paid if it had been known to the payer that it was untrue, an action will lie to recover it back, and it is against conscience to retain it."

The law on the recovery of money paid by a banker under a mistake of fact was reviewed by Robert Goff J in the case of Barclays Bank Ltd v. WJ Simms & Cooke (Southern) Ltd & Anor [1980] 1 QB 677.

Goff J after a detailed analysis of the law deduced the following principles that:

(1) If a person pays money to another under a mistake of fact which causes him to make the payment, he is prima facie entitled to recover it as money paid under a mistake of fact

Seek legal advise as no-one here is qualified to answer this.

Could you see a solicitor on Monday? Or maybe the CAB? They do have qualified people working there.

My OH pointed out that if you contact the Spanish bank (as I earlier suggested) whoever recieves the letter could quite easily say "Thanks for telling us, we'll pass the money on to the right account" and keep it.

He can be very suspicious!

I really hope you get to keep it.

Sally x

"Dishonestly retaining a wrongful credit.

Surely this covers the fact the money has be placed into your account without using deception?

Think some1 might be threading just to be funny, just read this thread in another section on this site, and one figure you state £20.000 the next £23.500 sure if i carry on searching i might find another thread about the same subject, with another dream like figure, thought this site was to assist each other to get our rights correct and aid in difficult cirmcumstances, okay we all like a laugh, and it got peeps hopes up, but enough is enough, joke rumbled................. no bank would state is isnt there problem, it would instantly freeze any money placed into the account you do not state is yours, and seek to address where it came from, even involving the police due to money laundering, the banks aren't total fools and dont always get things wrong, in this instance the money would have been freezed instantly end off. Best you can come to saying to ur friends that you had that much in ur account, is get a cash point mini statement and keep it as a reminder, when you thought you might have been rich, we can all dream.........:)

the exact figure shywazz is £23,517.71 one transfer for £10,074.17 and one transfer for £13,500.somethingpence no jke for you to rumble im afraid, my account has had thousands in before so there is nothing strange to the bank regarding me having a large balance on my account, and yes banks aren't fools and don't always get things wrong, that is why im vvvv interested in these transactions. so you carry on believing im dreaming and i'll dare to believe i aint dreamin, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely this covers the fact the money has be placed into your account without using deception?

in my simpleness:???: !! dont quite get what you're implying with that quote could you word it lamens terms for me, sorry!!!!!

could i just make it perfectly clear that this is all totally genuine and not a joke, wind-up or whatever , there is also a thread about this in the general knowledge forum and some people are getting the wrong impression in there!!!!

Good point - if you start to mention the anti-money laundering legislation to the bank this should get their attention, especially if you state that you feel you should be reporting this matter and the banks laissez faire to the The Financial Crime Branch of HM Treasury.

Only problem with this (as a friend of mine recently discovered) is that as soon as they suspect your account of being iused for money laundering, they will freeze your account & you will have no/limited access to your own money. This is the case even if you are not under suspicion yourself. Do you use internet banking? In my friend's case, the bank suspect that someone hacked into their pc & got all of their account info including passwords etc.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr