Deed's of assignment's from DCA's.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Something is amiss with these "deeds" they are sending. Especially from egg.

After looking at the ones I have it appears the DCA's are printing them off. They are the same format, same font, same layout, same barcode and they always get sent with the letter from the DCA saying they are now the owner. The dates are also the same on both letters!! How can that be?

Many people on here have also said the same. Vampyra questioned it as well.

I don't know what the legalities are of doing this but it's not right.

Please post or even scan if you have a deed of assignment that doesn't look right.

I received an odd one from Marlin Financial.

It's been assigned from the creditor to them, and from them to themselves following a change of name.

The actual signatures are on a seperate page and frankly could be from anything, and for the assignment from the creditor to MFS, the 2 sgnatures (one from the creditor and one from MFS) are on 2 different pages.

I'll get a scan of the pages up tonight

As for the deed looking the same, it may be that the DCA raises the deed for the creditor to sign?

Read this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/82992-deed-assignment.html

Tis complicated but I think and I maybe wrong, but I think it has to be properly signed and not a computer generation. And again awaiting confirmation of this, but I think although they have what appears to be no legal remit if they say they own the debt they have to prove it - even if it takes going to court - but bear with me on this.

I think there could be reasonable grounds for not paying someone who cannot prove beyond doubt they own your debt - but again I am still speculating at this time.

I've popped home (no time to scan the documents but I will tonight)

The 2 DOAs are different, but neither contains a single reference, account number or anything that could associate it with me or my account.

I'd like to see how they'd enforce that in court.

**Edit** The closest it says is "agreed to purchase certain debts" on one and "agreed to purchase a portfolio of debts" on the other.

I showed the DOA to my partner (soon to be a barrister) and she laughed.

They can't even demonstrate what "certain debts" or even which portfolio this relates to.

(i realise it's a different) but she said it's as daft legally as your house deeds saying you own "a house".

I've popped home (no time to scan the documents but I will tonight)

The 2 DOAs are different, but neither contains a single reference, account number or anything that could associate it with me or my account.

I'd like to see how they'd enforce that in court.

**Edit** The closest it says is "agreed to purchase certain debts" on one and "agreed to purchase a portfolio of debts" on the other.

I could of sent you that for all you know!

Hi, I too am wondering about DoAs, but have read conflicting information on a DCAs obligation to provide them to an alleged creditor. Does anyone have any proof or guidelines as to whether, or what, the DCA has to supply to prove ownership of an alleged debt.

Through a google search I found a thread on another consumer site where people had been sent supposed copies of DoAs, but on checking with original creditors the debt had not been assigned to a DCA. This is very worrying! It seem that Capquest in particular were the instigator of these forged DoAs that I read about.

Anyway I hope someone can find out and let us know how a DCA is obliged to prove their right to collect alleged debts.

Regards, Zim.

(Member of The Nigel Beaven From Lowells Went Into Work On Christmas Day Just To Send Me A Letter Club)

As promised here are the 2 DOA's I got from Marlin Financial Services.

And before you ask, I DID scan them straight it was the poor quailty photocopy that I received.

DOA1-P1.jpg

DOA1-P2.jpg

DOA1-P3.jpg

DOA1-P4.jpg

• 5 months later...

I received a Notice of Assignment from HFO Services not a Deed of assignement regarding a Barclaycard account. Very dodgy it has the Barclaycard Logo, but does not look official it looks like it has been photocopied and used as a heading, I would say they have made this up themselves, anyone else had something like this from them.

I have just recieved an exact copy of this first letter, with the 'YCC 1' tippexed out, and there is also a section 8, with a blacked out sum of £610 000.00!

Nowhere on this document does it mention either my account or name/address. With me it's British Credit Trust and Marlin

As promised here are the 2 DOA's I got from Marlin Financial Services.

And before you ask, I DID scan them straight it was the poor quailty photocopy that I received.

DOA1-P1.jpg

DOA1-P2.jpg

DOA1-P3.jpg

DOA1-P4.jpg

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Monument - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Wifes old Lloyds TSB - Gonna nail 'em

Joining in, going to be in a similar situation with HFO. They phoned me last Friday and said they had bought a debt from Citifinancial and I said "you will need to write to me I don't deal with financial matters on the phone you could be anyone." She phoned again tonight said "did you get my letter" I said "No" and I've been told that you need to provide me with a statement and Deed of Assignment". her reply was "We don't have that Citi keep it. "Well without it I'm not discussing the matter further".

I'm just waiting now to see if they send me anything.

Surely any deed or notice of assignment from the an O/C or DCA to someone else is required to have some reference to the debtor on it?

Account number, name, or something. How could these documentd that have been scanned prove any ownership to an individual account.

I could print one of these off and say I bought the debt. There must be some legal requirement for it to contain reference to what and who's debt they are claiming ownership of?

As alot of DCA's buy in bulk then there isn't a single DoA covering you account.

True somewhere there would have to be some detail of the accounts that they are buying, but this obviously isn't the DoA. Normally this would be covered on the NOTICE of assignment or even the Hello/Goodbye letters.

The scanned DoA has got me wondering.

Who are British Credit Trust Limited ?

It also mentions that it is governed by the Laws of E&W, but which one ?

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.