• Tweets

• Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
    • I see you said you tried to stop the DD but it seems that didn't work. May I please ask why that didn't work? You should be asking your bank to cancel the DD and I don't see why they would have objected, hopefully you can clarify this. I agree that you should be making a claim here against your bank and ask them for a DD refund. There is no timeframes for this.
    • JK: Yeah That's correct. We left rent payment coming out of his bank account from January 2023 - August 2023 until we could find somewhere to sort out his belongings which was fine. I tried to give notice a few times from August 2023 asking for advice from Sanctuary housing how we went about this explaining his condition and that he was in a Nursing home from December 2022. I explained we don't have any legal powers to his account like POT but were in the process of going for Deputyship and that I was the named person to act on his behalf to speak with Santuary housing. I said we could provide details of his condition and proof he was now in a nursing home with date he moved in. This went ignored despite repeated attempts to contact them until a housing manager contacted us end of February 2024 and notice was finally accepted with his tenancy coming to an end March 22 2024. Although they have continued to take rental payments for the flat despite someone else living in it from the 1st April. I wasn't aware payments were still being taken till I checked his May banks statements. I had asked them to back date rental payments to August 2023 when I gave notice rather than just giving notice in March 2024 but they've ignored that bit. I don't see why they shouldn't give it back they've taken money they shouldn't have. Thanks DX, I wasn't aware we could do that for that length of time. I'll ask my wife to check with the bank this week
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GOT A COURT DATE? Important, please read......

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest TUPS

Hi Everyone,hope You Are All Ok,i Was Wondering If Anyone Can Help Me With My Claim Against Lloyds For Unfair Charges,im At The Stage Where I Have Been Given A Court Date(sept) By A District Judge For A Preliminary Hearing At A Small Claims Track-county Court.the Letter States "the Claim To Be Listed For Further Directions Only At A Preliminary Hearing(time Estimate 5 Mins),"at His Hearing The Court Will Consider Either:"to Stay The Claim Pending The Decision In A Test Case Involving The Defendant(lloyds),or To Give Directions For This Claim To Be Heard As A Test Case,and If Necessary To Reallocate The Claim To The Multi Track For That Purpose.it Goes On To Say That "before The Claim Is Listed For Hearing,the Judge Has Ordered That A Preliminary Hearing Should Take Place:"to Consider Whether The Claim Can Be Disposed Of Because The Defendant(lloyds) Has No Real Prospect Of Success At A Final Hearing.--is This Good News,and Do I Have To Still Prepare,ie Court Bundle Before The Court Date,please,please Anyone Help,thanks.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting but here goes, I have got a court date but A/Q has been dispensed with and no pre trial straight to case, just need to sent copies of statements,witness statement and Sheet of all charges. What i need to know is do i send my original charge sheet from when i first began the claim or do i do an updated sheet. I originally began my claim in march so the interest im trying to claim as well is now 4 months out of date. Many Thanks

Hi Tups, welcome to CAG, as to your question I am not to sure,

do you have your own thread, if so can you provide a link to it, if no. then may I suggest you start one, someone on here will give you help in doing this as i am not very good at doing links, with your own thread all the issues on it will be yours alone and members can advise you more easier.

You say the case is a test case, why? what are the issues ? also you say the case could be changed to a multi track, again why? how much exactly are you claiming and at what interest rate. how can your claim go from 5k max in a small claim to the multi track with i think is 15k minimum. You must be aware there are costs involved in multi track cases which could be really high as you will lose your protection under the small claims and fast tract claims.

I think you need to provide us with a bit more info , I would write it all down ready for one of the mods ie gary to read. he will be able to supply the information your looking for, but I do think he will need a more concise analysis of your problem for him to understand what is happening

Your hearing is in September so you have plenty of time yet to sort it out

I suggest that in the mean time you read as much of this thread as you can, starting with thread # I "got a court date please read" as this post gets updated every so often.

Don't worry I am sure gary or maybe PM will read it and give you some guidance well before you need to send anything to the court.

pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Everyone,hope You Are All Ok,i Was Wondering If Anyone Can Help Me With My Claim Against Lloyds For Unfair Charges,im At The Stage Where I Have Been Given A Court Date(sept) By A District Judge For A Preliminary Hearing At A Small Claims Track-county Court.the Letter States "the Claim To Be Listed For Further Directions Only At A Preliminary Hearing(time Estimate 5 Mins),"at His Hearing The Court Will Consider Either:"to Stay The Claim Pending The Decision In A Test Case Involving The Defendant(lloyds),or To Give Directions For This Claim To Be Heard As A Test Case,and If Necessary To Reallocate The Claim To The Multi Track For That Purpose.it Goes On To Say That "before The Claim Is Listed For Hearing,the Judge Has Ordered That A Preliminary Hearing Should Take Place:"to Consider Whether The Claim Can Be Disposed Of is This Good News,and Do I Have To Still Prepare,ie Court Bundle Before The Court Date,please,please Anyone Help,thanks.

Thats interesting and would like some more background plz. What does this mean to consider precedents and to see if the DEFENDANT i.e Lloyds has prospect of winning. This sounds exciting. Is this some new development?

Hi Everyone,hope You Are All Ok,i Was Wondering If Anyone Can Help Me With My Claim Against Lloyds For Unfair Charges,im At The Stage Where I Have Been Given A Court Date(sept) By A District Judge For A Preliminary Hearing At A Small Claims Track-county Court.the Letter States "the Claim To Be Listed For Further Directions Only At A Preliminary Hearing(time Estimate 5 Mins),"at His Hearing The Court Will Consider Either:"to Stay The Claim Pending The Decision In A Test Case Involving The Defendant(lloyds),or To Give Directions For This Claim To Be Heard As A Test Case,and If Necessary To Reallocate The Claim To The Multi Track For That Purpose.it Goes On To Say That "before The Claim Is Listed For Hearing,the Judge Has Ordered That A Preliminary Hearing Should Take Place:"to Consider Whether The Claim Can Be Disposed Of Because The Defendant(lloyds) Has No Real Prospect Of Success At A Final Hearing.--is This Good News,and Do I Have To Still Prepare,ie Court Bundle Before The Court Date,please,please Anyone Help,thanks.

Sorry somehow i managed to delete some of the quote om my previous post but here it is in full... 'The Defendant has no real prospect of success at a final hearing'.

BeeBeeo1, if you go to the first post in this thread by Gary it answers both your questions.

The Orton letter is there, and also this this thread to tell you your next step re your preliminary hearing.

It sounds like the Judge is pushing a test case, more of a worry for LTSB then you at this point:D

Happy claiming

And read and read some:p more.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

OPPs, sorry BeeBee, TUPS asked the 2nd Q, the answer is still the same;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds have written to the court (29th june) saying they will pay me in full within next 10 working days (stay was up on 1st July) Also Sent me 2 letters , one saying they will pay me within 7 to 10 working days the other also saying the same but asking me to sign terms. Have looked at this in full and as I will not be making another claim think I may sign it .

Thoughts please..............

Why don't you just write;. Thank you for your letter dated blah blah. I will accept your offer of £xxxx for claim number xxxxx . signed blah blah. That way if and it's a big IF you have to claim again, they cannot hold you to their stated letter!!! Well done, anyway.

NorthernWarrior.

P.S. I don't know what i hit, but it will explain the letter writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know I still haven't had the settlement from LLoyds, despite sending the letter back to **** a couple of weeks ago. I'd be interested to know if Hussell41 has had the money? Luckily I haven't cancelled the court hearing and won't do until it's in my account! Do you reckon they'll go to the wire with this?

Lloyds TSB

Our court date is 17th September. Is it worth writing to SC&M to see if they intend to settle before?

Background - claiming for my husband and I (£3042+interest+costs =£3919). Its been going on since end of February when we first wrote our letters.

Hi, I have a Disposal Hearing on the 21/08/07 for a Data Protection Non Compliance Claim, Basically Nationwide didn't submit a defence so I entered judgement. I've never heard of one of these, so any info would be a great help. I've posted all the details at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/82391-n1-form-non-compliance.html

Thanks in advance

Just to let you all know I still haven't had the settlement from LLoyds, despite sending the letter back to **** a couple of weeks ago. I'd be interested to know if Hussell41 has had the money? Luckily I haven't cancelled the court hearing and won't do until it's in my account! Do you reckon they'll go to the wire with this?

Maxey...i got the two letters from them on the 6.7.07. I decided to return the letter, signed on the 8.7.07 and comply with their confidentiality clause, see my bank manager [which incidentally lasted all of 3 minutes and she was really ok]as i just wanted an end to it all. Over the past 2 weeks ive phoned them 3 times asking them where my money was. THEY GAVE ME THE SAME LINE EACH TIME...THAT THEY ARE SNOWED UNDER AND ITS TAKING UP TO 3 WEEKS TO PROCESS THE SETTLEMENTS UPON RECEIPT OF THE SIGNED FORMS.In the interim i got a hearing date for 21 august so have been getting really stressed again about getting this court bundle together, but i was carrying on 'as if'...just thought that wise after all this effort.Ive been checking my balance daily....nothing then hey presto tonight, on a saturday there it was!!! Sweet. At last. took 13 days. Hope this helps. And thanks to all the amazing encouragement and info ive got off this site. Couldnt have done it otherwise.The relief and sheer satisfaction of hearing that balance tonight made all of this worthwhile. Hang in there .BeeBee:)

hi i so need help. Ive been trying to use consumerwiki but all i keep being asked is to login in. I cant get any further and i need to look at the court bundle for dummies! please can any one help me as to how i log in its driving me mad! thanks

hi i so need help. Ive been trying to use consumerwiki but all i keep being asked is to login in. I cant get any further and i need to look at the court bundle for dummies! please can any one help me as to how i log in its driving me mad! thanks

Hi

Can you not log in using the same user name and password as you use for on here? That worked for me. This link should work for you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/97447-court-bundles-dummies.html

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi Gary H. As you are viewing this - have I made a goof? I sent court bundle to bank's head office i.e. LloydsTSB, Gresham Street. Now feeling very sick as don't have time to get a new bundle copied and sent to SC and M by deadline which is tomorrow.

Very poorly pupil!

Well I have to say having THOUGHT I had it I am now 100% lost as to what the hell I'm doing! I had lodged a court Bundle to SC&M and about to lodge it with the court when I read this thread. It basically is an update but it apears to be essential so I've tried to collate what I have done to produce what is now a NEW file which I am going to have to send to SC&M and say forget the first one. I've taken so far three days off work and now I'm lost 100%!

In the NEW court bundle it states on point 13 ii Clause 4.1 of the 1998 Terms and Conditions.....but the only thread I can see on the Working in Progress is 1996 Terms and Conditions so I've amended it to 1996 as it states the same.

in 13iii it refers to 2000 terms and conditions...where are they? I cannot find them anywhere!

I now have reams and reams of paper waiting to go into a file but it appears there are reams missing. Can anyone help as with my time off being self employed I'm going to be within the next 12 hours in a loss situation!:???:

hi there. Rang the court today and spoke to case manager. She was very helpful and said that I should have sent bundle to solicitor and not to bank headquarters. She told me that I needed to send a copy to the solicitor as well. WhenI asked her if the case would be struck out because it was out of time she said no because I had met my obligation in terms of sending material to the other party.

It has now gone off (another tree bites the dust!) by special delivery.

In terms of what was in it - I felt that I could go on adding stuff forever so I made the decision to use what had been originally suggested and make sure that I really understand the arguments and where to find the answers/evidence in the paperwork in case I am asked any question.

feel a long night with highlighter pen coming on. However this will be next week when I might have a chance of remembering what I need to be able to say.

Good luck with you claim

pupil

Hi, does any one know what a disposal hearing is?

What will happen at a disposal hearing?

If your claim is listed for a disposal hearing, you may find it useful to read the guidance Some things you should know about coming to a court hearing. Copies are also available from any county court. The guidance will tell you what to expect when you come to a court hearing.

At the disposal hearing the judge will either:

• give more detailed directions about, for example, the documents and evidence needed, to help the judge make a final decision about the amount; or
  • decide the amount the defendant has to pay, if it is a simple case which does not need a lengthy hearing.

Which will happen in your claim will depend on:

• the likely amount of the damages;
  • whether the defendant is likely to dispute the amount of damages; and
  • whether the judge feels there is sufficient proof in the papers available at the hearing to make a final decision.

However, the judge will not normally use the disposal hearing to make a final decision unless any written evidence you intend to provide to the court has been sent to ('served on') the defendant at least three days before the disposal hearing is due to take place.

After the disposal hearing, court staff will set out what the judge decided in an order. Copies will be sent to you and the defendant.

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

HTH

Els

Thanks for replying Elsinore, This is the copy of the letter I got from the courts.

It is ordered that

1) judgement is entered for the claiment for an amount to be decided by the court

2) it appearing that oral evidence will not be required, and the hearing of the matter will take no longer than 30 minutes, pursuant to paragraph 12 of the practise directions to cpr part 26, the case is listed for a disposal hearing before the district judge at weymouth county court allowing 30 minutes.

3) the claiment may rely on any witness statement verified by a statement of truth, which is sent to the court and to the defendant by no later than14 days before the hearing exhibiting copies of all documents relied apon including those relating to any loss and expense claimed.

Is this asking me to put together a court bundle, any advice will be a huge help.

I have now received a copy of the Court Order and notification of the hearing date. The case has been listed as a preliminary hearing on 3 September, although it is stated that the Judge may decide to treat it as a final hearing.

I have already submitted the schedules of charges and copies of statements and now have to submit a statement of evidence and copies of decided cases. The slight problem is that I am away on holiday until 24 August so will not be able to see if SC&M comply with their part of the order.

Any advice at all?

John

Hi all, just to let you know Lloyds paid up on Monday £276 over the sum I was asking for, was getting close to the hearing date of 3rd Aug but hey I got there with your help. thanks all and all the best to the rest of you still going through the process. My New Years Resolution is now completed!!