• Tweets

• Hi Schipoo and thanks for the update. This is a brilliant result as rergards your fight with HMRC. If you can manage a Donation to the site, it would be greatly appreciated. Let us know how it goes as regards the fees being sought by Independant Tax.
    • A never ending torrent of **it Outrage as ‘tidal wave’ of sewage floods historic market town’s unique chalk river WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Exclusive: Water firm pumps sewage into river Misbourne, Amersham on 21 ‘dry days’ during nearly five month period  
    • Worth noting that all of these firms - either the alleged EIS investment, the rebate company themselves or the payee were all registered to the same address. Clavering House is 3 miles away from HMRC Benton Park view offices.   Wardrop - unfortunately unsuccessful due to late appeal - assessments opened by HMRC in March 2019. Scammed by Richard Hall (Capital allowances consultants ltd - Clavering House) investments into Cryoblast Limited 15/16 (Paul Huggins - Clavering House) and Eco Cooling solutions 16/17 (Anthony Fitches - Clavering House).    Mccuminsky - scammed by Capital Allowances after providing his details to Stefan Brown Alpha Tax Consultants (Clavering House) payment made to Eco Cooling Solutions.    Robson - scammed by Capital Allowances - 15/16 paid to Cryoblast 16/17 paid to Eco Cooling.    Myself - scammed by Allan Maxwell - MaxTax (other business Maxwell electronics) registered to Clavering House.   Cryoblast Solutions and Fast Tax - Alan O’Hara    Please note there are two Cryoblasts involved - Cryoblast limited (Paul Huggins and Clavering House) and Cryoblast Solutions Limited (Alan O’Hara also director of Fast Tax).    My return simply said “Cryoblast” another thing that should have been clarified as part of HMRC guidelines before paying out the claim.    Cryoblast limited was already suspected to be involved in fraudulent claims before my investment as Huntly had open assessments issued in November 2018.    Cryoblast Solutions, the same company director as Fast Tax where my money was sent was dissolved before my claims were submitted. 
    • On the d-day issue, * we know sunaks shameful self-interest preferring a hope at using lies for self-promotion over honoring our heroes, * we know Starmer demonstrated his statesmanship with other statesmen and women,  ** BUT where was Farage? Was he in a pub looking for self-promotion? .. Surely as a wannabe statesman - he should have spent a bit of his (someone elses?) cash attending the ceremonies? or wasn't he offered a seat near enough the front to interest him?   mind you .. "I said I wanted my county back. Well now I want my life back ... I am not a career politician... I won't be changing my mind again, I promise you" - Nigel Farage, stepping down from public life. 5 July 2016  
    • dont need them.   let the defendant play the terms game
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Anyone Had a Full offer in the last month

Whatawoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to start a new thread but my question is more general than based on my claim....

I have noticed that recently NO ONE is posting to say they have had a full offer made and I am a little concerned.

Has anyone had a full offer made in the last month? (I dont mean the 85% they offer to halt the claim)

Thanks

Helen

WAW

Just received full offer from solicitors today.

Began claim 7th jan

Unfortunately it appears that with so many claims going through they are stalling time process and those offers are taking longer to come through.

I felt the same though and as Netty will inform you was jittery mess for a while wondering if would ever get money and if should have accepted pathetic offer.

Am so pleased stuck with it it really is worth it and Netty, Lattie and GMMM are all here to support you they are a great support use them if you need help or advice!

:)

:confused:

ribena13 - thats great news, congratulations :)- I am 5 days behind you with my process so if they are addressing claims in any sort of order I hope to get a full offer this week :)

12th January 2007 - prelim letter sent.

20th January 2007 - Prelim letter acknowledged and replied to.

26th January 2007 - LBA sent

12th February 2007 - MCOL Claim submitted

15th February 2007 - Notice of Issue received (deemed to be served on 18th Feb - HSBC have till 4th March 2007 to reply)

15th February 2007 - offer made (less than claim) in response to prelim letter.

15th February 2007 - MCOL Claim Acknowledged

3rd March - DG entered Defence

2nd April AQ deadline (only I submitted)

10th April - DG still not sent in AQ

13th April - still waiting for a copy of order from District Judge......still waiting for an offer from DG!!!

(92 days since Prelim letter was sent so far)

Scrap that ribena I see I am actually 2 days ahead of you and have no offer :( - obviously they don't have any sort of order to the way they make offers.

Does anyone know how they decide when to make an offer?

WAW

There seems to be no set rule on offers they are very random! I am sure you will get one soon.

I gave them a call well a few calls and left messages as never spoken to anyone at DG, on Tuesday / Wednesday (cant remember precise) got call from DG returning message to say they have got my paperwork and are dealing with.....this seems to be the point in most cases when an offer comes through.

Have you sent gentle nudging letter yet? See Lattie thread on my posts - this wll just say you are still around and awaiting response!! I agree no to harrass them as I did not and they seemed to get on with my claim but they may need gentle prod to let them know you are around and your claim is being dealt with!

You will get it I am sure...I have had my confidence restored however I should not be too quick to be cheery and smug as it was only this week I was posting explaining V worried as no offer and no contact from DG - they too had not submitted AQ!

Good luck and keep in touch

Georgia

This is my full timeline Georgia.

12th January 2007 - prelim letter sent.

20th January 2007 - Prelim letter acknowledged and replied to.

26th January 2007 - LBA sent

12th February 2007 - MCOL Claim submitted

15th February 2007 - Notice of Issue received (deemed to be served on 18th Feb - HSBC have till 4th March 2007 to reply)

15th February 2007 - offer made (less than claim) in response to prelim letter.

15th February 2007 - MCOL Claim Acknowledged

3rd March 2007 - DG entered Defence

2nd April 2007 AQ deadline (only I submitted)

3rd April 2007 - nudge email letter sent

10th April 2007 - DG still not sent in AQ

11th April 2007- 2nd nudge letter emailed.

13th April 2007- still waiting for a copy of order from District Judge......still waiting for an offer from DG!!!

WAW

My AQ Deadline was 4th April - DG did not submit theirs until Friday after receiving order from court ordering AQ within 7 days or struck out!

Contact the court and ask them if they hav received AQ and if not what they plan to do next??? You need to keep up contact with both sols and court.....I think however I was particularly lucky maybe that the judge was so quick to act and order the AQ within 7 days am not sure if this is the norm.

Keep your chin up and keep on - you will succeed I am positive of that - I would suggest sending nudging letter to DG and contacting court for their next plan of action becuase the AQ has not been submitted.

Chin up :)

Congratulations to her too Matt :)

I rang the court - very unhelpful - they said that there is not a district judge in every day and that my claim is waiting for a judge to make an order and then I will get a copy of it - and as of Friday no AQ from DG had been submitted.

oh givememymoney - thats 106 days till the offer and 120 days till it was in your accoutn - so I am jsut being too impatient lol

Oh Nety guess second time round they knew you meant business.

yep, that's about average timescale these days - 4 months... but worth it when it drops on the doormat! there's that tremendous feeling of self-righteousness that you've beaten the big boys lol

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi Whatawoman,

I had a full offer 3 weeks ago,accepted and was paid into bank account within 7 days - but I sent them a 'Gentle Nudge' letter saying let's sort this out etc, etc....

I think if you keep yourself in their sights, they'll get to you quicker?

Whatever, I shouldn't think you'll have long to wait now.

Cheers

john :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D