Happy Happy Joy Joy.....

skbuncks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My account was first opened sometime in the mid seventies as a trusteee account while I was still a little nipper. This was signed over to me when I was 16. I then promptly spent the entire contents on cigarettes and alcohol in an alarmingly short period of time. At this point there were no DD's or anything. I didnt even have a cash card and had to go into the bank with my 'book' to withdraw money so there was, unfortunately, no opportunity to accumulate charges.

In 1992 I started Uni and converted my account into a student account which came replete with a student overdraft. I held the account until 1999 whereupon I was forced to leave in disgust at their poor treatment of my dire financial straits and join the mighty Lloyds. During this time I had also been offered, and had gladly accepted a Natwest Visa card and a MasterCard, each with a thousand pound limit. Suffice to say they were pretty soon at their limits and one would presume incurring charges. It was these chains around my neck, and the demands for immdeiate repayment of said chains, that forced me into the arms of Lloyds when Natwest refused to offer me a graduate loan in order to consolidate my overdraft and visa cards.

Quite how much I was charged on my account and credit cards during this period I do not know, nor can I even estimate, as the haze of alcohol that was consumed during this period of my life has clouded all memories.

To what little memory that remains I abused my cheque on a monthly if not weekly basis for the last 3 or 4 years the account was open.

Fortunately I kept all statements for account and cards. Unfortunately in a fit of spring cleaning frenzy a few years ago I threw them away in the mistaken belief that they could not possibly be of any further use to me. How foolish I was and the lesson has been learned. I will never ever through anything away again.

So you can imagine how delighted I was to learn that Natwest hold account information back to at least 1992. I have since located an old, and surprisingly unused, cheque book giving me my account details but have been unable as yet to find anything with my credit card numbers on.

Next steps:

1) Carry out a search of all my boxes of cr*p for the missing credit card numbers.

2) Fire off the SAR for all information held on my accounts and creditcards

3) Get my money back

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

GOOD LUCK.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Is that a fact that NatWest officially hold records that long ago?

And are they bound to supply them?

Is this something to to with the concealment argument?

Has anyone managed to get statements that old out of them

I could retire if I could reclaim all my charges ever ever from NatWest :o

Is that a fact that NatWest officially hold records that long ago?

And are they bound to supply them?

Is this something to to with the concealment argument?

Has anyone managed to get statements that old out of them

I could retire if I could reclaim all my charges ever ever from NatWest :o

Hi, I would also be interested to know if Nat West do hold records that far back, because after sending of the SAR, I eventually got my statements but they only sent statements from Feb 2001 onwards when in fact my account was opened with them from about 1997, but they did not send any info prior to feb 2001????:o Should they sent me the other info?

Guest NATTIE

the SAR letters have stated that statements are acceptable for the last 6 years and the answer is yes on personal accounts info will go back that far.

I've just realised that my SAR template is a shoddy old bit of rubbish from somewhere else before I found this site, asks only for six years and nothing about manual interventions and the like, sheesh

New super CAG one going off to Barclays and Smile and Natwest tomorrow morning to get the extra six years, super

this site is gold

Good luck micky............ it deffo pays to do it the CAG way!!!!!!!! xx :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

the SAR letters have stated that statements are acceptable for the last 6 years and the answer is yes on personal accounts info will go back that far.

Hi Nattie,

Thanks for your response, but I checked the SAR letter (template) again and nowhere does it say anything about 6 years, well the one that I used didnt, this is what it read:

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

So am I right in thinking that if I have paid for this info and I have held an account for say 10 years then the bank should have supplied all of account history for that 10 year period:?:

they have changed the template, or i have read too many that say 6 years.

No Problem, I am sure that you have have been so busy with all of this that by the end of the day your head must be spinning ....:p

But Keep up the good work:D

Bong has very kindly started a thread here which details how far back different banks have been able to supply statements. For instance Abbey hold theirs as far back as 1926. Basically if they have them then they have to give them to you. They might try to deny they have them so you must include in your SAR sometheing along the lines of:

Please provide the following:

Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data

A good starting point for claiming back beyond six years is here.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

I havent been able to find anything with CC numbers on so sending SAR out tomorrow regardless. Will have bank account no. and sort code so they should be able to find out my credit card accounts. failing that, when/if I get statements through my CC numbers should be on there as they were paid from this account.

Is this the right address?

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

because the ICO lists natwest as:

135 BISHOPSGATE

LONDON

EC2M 3UR

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

My modified SAR is below and should ensure I get everything I need from them

Date: 17th April 2007

F.A.O. The Data Controller.

Re: Subject Access Request, Data Protection Act 1984 / 1998

Former Addresses:

Current Address:

Account Number: xxxxxx

Sort Code: xxxxxxxx

Visa Card Account Number: Unknown

MasterCard Account Number: Unknown

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems dating from 1992.

I would be grateful if you would provide the following: -

• Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organisation, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of same.
  • A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to my bank accounts and credit card accounts with your organisation. For the avoidance of doubt microfiche has been deemed to be a relevant filing system for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and is therefore subject to the 40 day ruling for DPA disclosure c.f. The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) rulings against both Abbey National and Barclaycard on microfiche disclosure.

• Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

• Full copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.

• Full copies of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organisation or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to myself.

• Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

• Full hard copy print outs of any of my personal or financial information held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

Where reference to emails is given above, these emails should be taken from your email servers or backups / archives held in a magnetic or digital format. These emails may not be present on a user’s local system, and may require the assistance of your IT department / IT providers, who you should contact immediately for their provision.

Under S.40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970, if you believe you have provided my information to any organisation, agent, or individual who could, or may have used it for unlawful purposes, you should contact me immediately, and provide full details of their identification and address, together with full details of any instructions you have provided to them. If you have forwarded or communicated my personal or financial information to any person, company, or organisation, please provide a copy of the authority, signed and dated by myself upon which you have relied prior to doing so. As requested above, you should provide copies on any such communications.

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 / 1998, as a Data Controller, you are responsible for the complete retraction of all information provided to any third party, should I request you to do so, and have a duty to myself to ensure that any personal or financial information I have provided to you is kept securely, and is only communicated to those to whom I have given my express permission / authority.

I enclose a cheque / postal order in the sum of £10 to cover your fee. If you are unable to deal with this request, you should immediately forward it to the person within your organisation responsible for Data Protection. If you do not provide the information requested within the given time limits (40 days) under current Law, a complaint will be registered with the Information Commissioners Office and the Office of Fair Trading.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance.

For means of identification I enclose the following. Note that these documents are of a confidential nature and should not be disclosed to any third parties or used by yourselves for any purposes other than the verification of my identity. Once this process is complete these documents should be destroyed or returned to myself forthwith.

A Copy of my Passport.

A Copy of my driving license. Note the address shown on my driving license is that of my second registered address with your organisation.

If you require further documentation for the means of identification then please contact me detailing your requirements.

Yours Sincerely

SKB

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Even if it went to the wrong address, no need to worry. All Nasty West to is pass letters on to the right department through internal mail. So it might have taken 2 to 3 days longer to get to where it was supposed to be, but they will have gotten in, rest assured........... you can stop worrying now. Lol

Fendy xx

• 4 weeks later...

Its update time:

I received a letter from NatWest on 2nd May stating that they were unable to progress my subject access request for the following reasons:

1) Need to include a fee of £5.00 which will cover all accounts requested (I had enclosed a cheque for £10 which they have returned).

2) They require the sort codes and account numbers of all accounts requested. It is apparently not possible to trace accounts from name alone (I had included the sort code and account number of my account but not my credit cards as I don't know them).

I haven't been able to reply to this yet as im off work and don't have a printer at home but will be firing off a response next week. As they need account numbers for the CC's i'll leave these for now and just get bank account statements - I paid my CC's from my bank account so the numbers should be on the statements.

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

click!

Hey SK, this should help http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/28533-how-find-account-number.html Nattie very kindly posted the codes that Nat West staff can use to find old accounts!!!! A re-worded letter to them may be in order!!! xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.