Gertrude vs Barclays

Gertrude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

I am not sure if I can do this myself.

You won't know until you try and your not alone here

First and foremost, before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs. This is a must, no excuses. There’s a Step by Step guide here too. You should print these out to refer to later, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions.

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything.. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily. Here’s one to start with, which you should find useful later:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/53241-cant-find-what-youre.html

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in the time and effort required. It’s your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen. At the top of each bank’s forum is a Successes forum where you can follow previous claims against your bank from start to finish.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help. Always stick to one thread, so people can see what you’ve done so far and therefore can give you better advice.

The FAQ’s, Step by Step Guide and all the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Finally the Moderators and Site Helpers are having to spend far too much time dealing with unnecessary and avoidable errors in claims caused by impatience, ignorance or just plain laziness. If you don’t know what to do next, ask. If you don’t understand something, ask. It might be a dumb question, but it’s a lot easier to sort out than a dumb mistake.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

I have just sent my LBA and I confirmed I would be sending a lConsumer Credit Act 1974 etter of complaint to the OFT. Is there a template letter anywhere I could use? I have been searching for a while with no luck

thanks Gertrude:confused:

I have sent my LBA stating that I will also be submitting a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that they have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5th April 06 etc. Has anyone already done this and is there a template letter I could use. I had better send one now that I have said I would. Help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Gertrude

what do you expect to acheive by complaining to the OFT about some whoever it is not complying with OFT's directions. If you have a complaint against a bank for unlawful charges. Then there are plenty of template letters on this site for you to copy. That is the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

:idea: Hi

I sent my claim force to the county court on 24/4/07

The court sent to Barclays on 25/4/07 and it will deemed to be served on 27/4/07

Barclays have until 11th may to reply.

Today 28/4 I received a letter from Barclays stating the usual garbage and offering me half of what I am claiming.

Do I have to bother to do a rejection letter accepting their offer as part payment or as it is so late in the day can I ignore it? They state that if they do not hear from me within 8 weeks they assume my complaint is resolved.

many thanks in advance

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You should reply. It shows that you have tried at every opportunity to settle your claim.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have just chased up the court to see when my court date will be and the lady said I should put in a request for judgement. Please can someone tell me what this is. I tried looking for what this means but cant find. Any help gratefully received.

Gertrude

Hi

It means that you can enter judgement against the bank as they may have defaulted by way of not acknowledging your claim.

Take a look at this link to help you decide whether to enter for judgement or send a 7 day letter to them (just to give them a nudge) as sometimes entering judgement can delay your claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

hope it helps you

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi - sorry to interrupt your thread but I had a similar question this morning and have filed my judgement, had I been given the advice that you have received from 'why!!!!!!' then I would certainly have sent them another letter. Just my luck - any assistance as to where I go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Claire

To be sure of what I am doing. I have had Acknowledgement of Service filed on 2/5/07, so there 28 days are up. I think the letter giving them another 7 days would be correct. Please could you confirm. Also if they paid up with this letter would I be able to get the interest and costs as well.

many thanks

Gertrude

hi,

What was the date that the claim was deemed issued as they have 28 days from the date of issue to enter a defence. It may not be a case of them paying up it may be that they enter a defence to your claim which would then be sent to you. Yes if they were to settle they would have to pay costs and interest up to the date of settlement.

claire

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi Claire

The claim was issued on 24/4/07

Barclays had until 11/5/07 to reply

Barclays filed Acknowledgement of service on 2/5/07

Shall I send the letter?

thanks

Gertrude

Yes carry on and send the 7 day letter.

claire

£5125.60

• 1 month later...

Hi Gertrude.

Click on the following link. It will take you to the Litigation Concluded forum. Follow the instructions on the page and you can define which bank claims to include in the list.

Having done that, just print it out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=138&Itemid=82

Please note that it uses a dot-matrix font for security reasons.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to print out N244 form from CAG link and nothing happens. Also when printing out list of settled cases for Barclays, part way down the list, the date turns into a load of weird numbers which arn't dates at all. Any help greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Gertrude

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41