Laura vs Nationwide and won ;-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just an update, i contacted the financial ombudsman on 0845 0801800 i gave them my bank sort code and account number. They sent the complaint on my behalf for free and i did not have to send away for all my statemements.

I received a letter 2 weeks ago saying Nationwide were currently reviewing my account and charges and would be in touch shortly. I go a letter yesterday offering me the full amount of my charges back totally £767.00 this has taken me 5 weeks and i have had to do nothing.

Im doing the same with my Abbey bank account, they not being so good at the mo still waiting on the response from my letter refusing their GEGW for £130 when the charges are £2k Wish me luck. And im waiting on feedback from Bank of Scotland on my other charges with them.

1 down 2 to go!

Laura :)

Im very happy with this result, just waiting on the money being credited now between 5-7 days :-)

Im glad that the Ombudsman are on my side, they sent my correspondance very quickly to the bank and to myself, if i dont get the result from Abbey i will see what they can do for me,

Thanks

Good luck everyone

Laura

Jenny you should give them a call and see if they can help you, worth a try, they should be able to, i first saw it on watchdog and the ombudsmun rep said that we dont need to get the statements etc they can do it all on your behalf, and that has been true for me with Nationwide i didnt even need to speak to Nationwide and im amazed at how fast they settled :-)

• 1 month later...

hi folks

I have sent two letters asking for bank charges back, which I got of martins money tips & I havent sent the 3rd one threatening court action. Instead I contact the finacial services ombusman who sent a complaint on my behalf to Nationwide building society as they refused to refund the charges totaling nearly £4000. I was wondering should I wait on a response from the nationwide bearing in mind they have 8 weeks to respond or proceed with the letter threatening court action as I want the money asap. I dont know what expereince anyone has had with Nationwide & would be grateful for some advice. Its been almost 3 weeks now & I have heard nothing.

I have heard it said that banks or building socities wil not go as far as the courtroom for fear of trigggering a a frenzy of having to pay everyone back their bank charges is this true?

regards

Sam

Hello samdamam7!

...I have heard it said that banks or building socities wil not go as far as the courtroom for fear of trigggering a a frenzy of having to pay everyone back their bank charges is this true?
That may be true in many Claims.

HOWEVER...

Don't be lulled into a sense of false security.

U still have to prepare + expect YOUR Claim to be FULLY Defended in Court.

If U don't, then U run the risk of any Bank asking the Court to have your Claim struck out + leaving U liable to pay the Bank's legal costs as well.

Certainly with the Nationwide, Claimants have had to File their Claim @ Court before being refunded any of their unlawfully debited Penalty Charges!!!

out of curiosity do they pay up or have you known of cases where the claiment lost?
Claimants who have followed all the guidelines have usually been successful and Nationwide have been paid out.

...But NOT until they have filed their Claim at Court.

There are some Claimants who have rushed or been ill-prepared through probable complacency, who have hit a brickwall though.

At each stage there are also some who, for whatever reason, dis-continue their Claim.

Nationwide know this and play the percentages by deliberately placing hurdles and trying to make it as difficult and confusing as possible for your Average-Joe-Public Claimant.

Many thanks for your fast reply, Would u be kind enough to tell me how best to prepare before I issue the threat coutning letter & what i should say in my response to the court.

Many many thanks

sam

Laura is that via the Financial Ombudsman taking it over? I reported to them weeks ago and nothing has happened.Did they take it forward to court stage? SKEGGSY XX

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT