account closure - means i cant claim?

evil_edna
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have an abbey account and they are closing it, i think as a result of my sending a letter in to request all of my bank charges in statement form.

can i still claim from a closed account?

have a good easter all

al

its complicated.

i have an arrears with abbey. i got in to a dispute with them over the amount of bank charges last year when as a student i was skint and had a £1300 overdraft. they told me the usual about the charges and i said fine and started using my natwest student account as my primary account.

the asked me to pay ~£30 pcm to remove the debt.

i thought this was fine as it would give me time to get my charges claim underway.

this morning i received a letter demanding full repayment from a debt recovry company (after i sent my initial letter)

what should i do next??

if i can still claim then i have no need to worry right?

some advice would be grrrreat.

have a good day

al

If you sent them your letter first your account is in dispute and it cannot be passed on to a recovery agency.

There is a letter you can send here but I would ring the DCA and tell the account is in dispute and they will hand it back to Abbey if I'm correct.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!