how to claim money if you are not in UK

Zsatimbai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone,

Is it possible for me to represent my sister who now lives in another country? As she was abroad, she often missed payment deadlines and now slowly repaying over 300 pounds of accumulated penalty fees to bacrlays. When she left, she asked her friend to open bank letters and keep track but her friend frequently forgot to do it and then changed address but forgot to tell my sister. I think my sister actually could have taken better care of payments but can understand that managing account from abroad could be somewhat tricky.

Is there anyone who managed to get money while being abroad? I imagine I could ask sister to send all the proper letters to the bank and represent her in the court if possible.

thank you in advance for help

I am actually her relative. So she can use my address. The only thing, she called the bank and left them her new address abroad for correspondence. I think she would need to call them again and give my address for correspondence?.

She would also need to send them a letter giving you (supply them with your full details and address) full authority on the account.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for advice. I was a bit distracted from this discussion by my travel in Europe and now I am back! I think there are two options: pmake my sister change her address and pretend she lives here. But at some stage, maybe when things go to the court, the court can request proof of address from my sister (utility bills, or something similar)? i have her other bank statements coming here. The second option: she authorises me to act on her behalf. In this case, does the letter needs to be certified by the notary or her signature will suffice?

I don't think proof of address is required by courts (though not sure) but you would need some form of ID to change address with the banks unless the accounts are closed in which case that's possibly the easiest option.

That said, I think it would be more sensible to not decieve anyone and do it properly which would be to get your sister to send a letter giving you full access to her account. I believe all that is required is her signature. Keep a copy because they are bound to ignore it.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!