Shozie V Capital one

Shozie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posted DPA to capital one today, will keep you all posted to what happens

Cp1 were charging me 56 quid a month for being over drawn god knows how they worked that one out me credit limit was only 500 pounds.

Went over drawn being a student had money troubles now its just snow balled

They have now passed it on to debitas??

should i set up payments to debitas Any ideas anyone

Thanks Shozie.

Guest Lueeze

Hi, and welcome!

Please read the FAQ's section before beginning, as you will have a lot to read and take on board first. If you then have any questions which you need answering, please feel free to post again after this.

We are here to help, but ultimately, its your claim and your responsibility!

Good Luck,

Louise x

shozie ring debitas and tell them the amount is in despute they might be able to hold off for a few weeks but knowing debitas like i do they will want money and quite alot i dont think they will settle for any less than £100 a month (well they didnt with me) and i only owed them £300 if you do not agree to make payments to debitas they will return it to C.1 who will pass it on to another firm that will accept smaller payments. good luck with your claim with C.1

LLOYDS TSB

DPA: REQUEST SENT: 11-04-06

RECEIVED 28-O4-06

PRELIM LETTER SENT: 04-05-06

RECEIVED SOD OFF:06-05-06

shozie ring debitas and tell them the amount is in despute they might be able to hold off for a few weeks but knowing debitas like i do they will want money and quite alot i dont think they will settle for any less than £100 a month (well they didnt with me) and i only owed them £300 if you do not agree to make payments to debitas they will return it to C.1 who will pass it on to another firm that will accept smaller payments. good luck with your claim with C.1

Thanks for your advice I will give em a call tommorow.

• 3 weeks later...

Still aint heard a thing from capitalone not even a reply to my dpa request?

even though i have proof of delivery was on 26 may. this is the address i posted to

Capitalone

350 Euston Road, london

NW1 3JJ

is this the right address I got it of a link from here, cant remember where

though. For there registered office.

Instead of speaking to debitas i spoke to debt councellors who spoke to them on my behalf and explained my circumstances, sent them a breakdown of my incommings and out goings, im only paying em 2pounds a month now lol.

Any Recomendations or suggestions much appreciated

Thanks shozie.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my statements today going back to Oct 2002 at first glance I have 22 x £20 charges amounting £440 also £50 in interest.

Just goes to show all the money they say I owe them is all their illegal charges!!!

Gonna send them the template asking for my money back tommorow.

Do i include this interest or or just the £440?

Thanks shozie.

Can someone please help me with regard to the suggested charges that i need to send them with my request for my money back.

im not to sure if I include any interest that they added when I was in the red?

or is it just the dates when the charges occured, and request the interest later

Please help I would Like to post Letter Today

Thanks Shozie.

Can someone please help me with regard to the suggested charges that i need to send them with my request for my money back.

im not to sure if I include any interest that they added when I was in the red?

or is it just the dates when the charges occured, and request the interest later

Please help I would Like to post Letter Today

Thanks Shozie.

i'd just claim the charges, the intrest is an harder one to work out, and it more than covers there costs

i'd just claim the charges, the intrest is an harder one to work out, and it more than covers there costs

Thanks james for quick reply,

I wiil post now.

Shozie

• 4 weeks later...

Got a letter from cap1 dated the 13th july offering me £164 back has a goodwill gesture the differance between the charges and £12 that the oft stated.

they also have KINDLY reminded me that has my account has defaulted that the debt has been passed to capquest....It seems that they dont realise its because of them and there excruciating charges that caused this in the first place..

Can anyone help me out in regards of what to put in a letter to them has i will not be accepting that offer, has a closure of this complaint has they put it.

Thanks shozie.

Hi Shozie.

You can either accept their offer as PART settlement saying that you will be taking them to court fir the rest. Then fill in a moneyclaim form online or N1 form.

Or refuse and fill in moneyclaim or N1 form.

They are such sods.

Capital One : £200.00 - Prelim sent then £68.00 put into a/c. N1 issued 08/08/06 for £132.00 + £19.54 @8% - Total Refund received

Monument: £532.00 + £96.11@8%. N1 issued 08/08/06. Defending claim.

Nationwide: Claiming £4835.87

£4593.53 paid back 18/08/06 Emailed Charles Bacon 21/08/06 to get the difference of 242.34 paid back.

NatWest: Prelim sent 22/08/06 for £1018.00. N1 issued 08/09/06. Filed judgement and received cheque for 1366.97 (inc interest) 28/09/06

Topshop: Total refund received £102.00 after 1st Letter

:p:lol: :lol: :p

In the FAQs, they suggest you take it as a part settlement then file papers for the rest.

Good luck!!

Capital One : £200.00 - Prelim sent then £68.00 put into a/c. N1 issued 08/08/06 for £132.00 + £19.54 @8% - Total Refund received

£4593.53 paid back 18/08/06 Emailed Charles Bacon 21/08/06 to get the difference of 242.34 paid back.

NatWest: Prelim sent 22/08/06 for £1018.00. N1 issued 08/09/06. Filed judgement and received cheque for 1366.97 (inc interest) 28/09/06

Thanks HKS just composed a letter for what you suggested above About a Partial Settlement

And going to court for the rest

After the 7days have passed i'll file a claim if the wont settle

Thanks Shozie.

Good for you!! Keep us posted.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks