MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mac, how you doing ??

Did you manage to do anything with that spready at all ??

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ja-de

No - I ran out of time. I'm off up North now for a day or two on business. I'll take another look when I get home.

UKLASS - Glad you were able to sort the avatar!

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Mornin' Tilly :D

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Well thanks, Ms Trotter - and your good self? :D

Write to your MP and

Nothing like that feeling, eh Tils? Alas, my memories of pre-holiday giddiness are becoming but a fading memory... :(;)

Write to your MP and

We haven't sorted them out yet Tils (we took bloody hundreds!), but here's a couple for now:

smarina_pool.jpg

Poolside area at the resort we stayed at..

smarina_sunset.jpg

Sunset view of the bay from the resort. And what a view!

Enjoy! :D

Write to your MP and

Gorgeous resort, Tilly - very well run and top quality from top to bottom.

Write to your MP and

Oh... haven't even begun to think about that yet :D

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Great photo's Mac, look forward to seeing some more.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ja-de, gald you enjoyed them - I'll try and put one or two more up in the next few days...

Write to your MP and

No problem deedee - you take your time and enjoy your family party - we can catch up in the week ;)

From what I can gather so far I can use a Consent Order - which drops the intended action (as they have now complied), but allows me to keep the hearing scheduled to apply for my costs - still not fully read up this but I think the other side have to agree (which in my mind will be highly likely, as it would probably cost them far more to send representation than to pay the relatively paltry costs I'm asking).

Mac

Hey Mac.

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner. What a headache I've had. I've forgotten how DRY reading Civil Procedure Rules can be and how long! I haven't found anything that would fit what you are wanting to do (this is all new to me too) :p. Plus I've been preparing for my time in court against Capquest (more on that later)

The Consent Order sounds like a great idea however I've usually seen it applied in cases of family breakdown, to ensure the fair division of property and assets.

(Thinking out loud) - I wonder if a draft Order for directions in this case would be useful.

I would also PM Laiste as she has a great legal brain. She is having a hell of time Curious twist on two CCA requests-they are taking me to Court! but finds time to help anyone who asks. She's up quite late usually. I can PM on your behalf if you want.

Meanwhile I will keep reading!

deedee x

• Haha 2

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Plodding on, Tilly... :roll: I'm basically back in the same position as anyone starting out at the beginning now, because having got them to comply with old data (and not sure why they did eventually concede - was it my complaints to the Information Commissioners Office or my Application Notice to bring a Pre Action Disclosure hearing? Or both?).

Anyway, I'll hopefully have worked out charges for both credit card (back to 1992 to present) and current account (1987-2005) by the weekend. I'll then be completing s/sheets, filing prelims and preparing LBA.

What I'm also trying to work out, together with deedee and another friend (non-CAG-ger) is how, having got Halifax to cough up the data, we deal with the impending hearing, re. claiming costs and either cancelling or going through with it.

So... plenty to think about! :D

Write to your MP and

yes see what you mean by back to the beginning looking on the bright side think of the interest mounting up:D so if you decided to carry on and go to court and they had a smart ass fella there and you lost would you have to pay the court fees, they would get a double wammy out of you no paying back your costs either did that make sense:???: lol

Nah - they can't 'lose' this one Tilly, because they've complied with my request to the Court. The options are whether to keep the hearing date, attend and just file for costs - or to try and come to an arrangement pre-hearing with HFX to cancel it and claim my costs as a 'Litigant-In Person' and some token compo.

They might even want to come to an arrangement re. the charges too (after almost being dragged to Court for Data Protection Act non-compliance and running the risk of having their charging regime examined, they may well feel that this was a close enough call!).

Alternatively, it's N1 time :D

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

What a glorious thread - and in technicolour. Have just sent off to Information Commissionair myself and filed N1 for non-compliance against Howard myself. So far I've only received data twice (on 2 accounts). Don't you feel sorry for your postman.......... Looking forward to your next posting.

Just to ask a question. Filed against natwest for non-compliance but have managed to obtain whole banking history from my local branch. Should I now drop non-compliance as compensation would be good but I think judge would look on my application as abuse of court time. It is worth saying that I filed against Ms Tudor (data controller) but because I put her business address the courts have returned N1 to me. Can always go down compensation route via FOS when I win, after all.