Issues with DLC / Humpty Dumpty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm was in a lucky position. Citifinancial removed the default when DLC placed theirs as you can not have 2 defaults for the same account.

When DLC was pushed via a CCA, they removed their default too.

If Egg registered the default, they are the only ones that can removed it.

If DLC have failed to comply with teh CCA, I'd be tempted now to write to Egg and ask them to remove the default as no cca = no proven debt etc etc. If they refuse, I'd CCA them directly. When they fail to comply it puts you in a better position. You can then ask again for the default to be removed, or you could contact the CRA and advise them that under the Data Protection Act that the information that they hold has to be correct and that as neither DLC nor Egg has proven the debt exists they will need to removed the entry.

I'm currently at this stage with Wescot and I contacted the CRA's on the 10th May and advised them that unless Wescot can prove to them that this is correct that they have to remove the entry under the Data Protection Act. Incidently I've heard indirectly that my agreement in this case was destroyed along with tens of thousands of others.... like to see them enforce this one!

I'll update you with how it goes with the CRA and the default removal

• 2 weeks later...

Result!!

"Dear Mr PeteT

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We have not received a response from the Client in relation to the information being disputed on your credit file. We have therefore removed this information from your credit file. You will be notified if we receive an update from the client.

Please note that the Notice of Dispute previously loaded to your credit file has also been removed.

I hope the above details are of assistance to you.

Equifax Customer Care Team"

Wescot know they can't prove the agreement exists, so can't prove they have the right to process my data.

• 2 weeks later...