It's not me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks any advice welcome. I'm having some bother from Lowell.portfolio1 and now Red debt collection services, both the same company I believe. They refuse to believe I am not the person they are looking for, all they have done is a voters role check on my first initial and surname, they are abusive and refused to talk to my husband unless he was prepared to pay someone elses debt and also refused to accept that I am not the debtor. I'm in Scotland I know the law a little different from England. Trust me I am not the person they are looking for so any advice would be good thanks! These people are nasty!!!!!!

Fred

Hi,

I would write to them recorded delivery stating that you are not the person and that you do not expect to receive any further communication other than written confirmation of their acceptance to this.

Any further correspondence / communication relating to the alleged debt would be treat as harrasment and you will report them to the relevent authorities.

Not too sure where but some one on here will tell you.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Hi folks any advice welcome. I'm having some bother from Lowell.portfolio1 and now Red debt collection services, both the same company I believe. They refuse to believe I am not the person they are looking for, all they have done is a voters role check on my first initial and surname, they are abusive and refused to talk to my husband unless he was prepared to pay someone elses debt and also refused to accept that I am not the debtor. I'm in Scotland I know the law a little different from England. Trust me I am not the person they are looking for so any advice would be good thanks! These people are nasty!!!!!!

Fred

Hi Fred,

I had exactly the same problem with Lowell/Hamptons.

There are two ways to approach it really. You could just completely ignore them, which is originally what I did. You have the satisfaction of knowing that if they issue you with court documents, you can blow them out of the water and it costs them money along the way. The bad news is that they will bombard you with letters and 'phone calls. They even rang my elderly Mum and started pestering her. You also run the risk of them tampering with your credit record, in an effort to make you contact them and agree to pay. They are devious, underhanded sh*ts who can not accept the fact they have made a mistake. "We have the best tracing department in the Country, and they do not make mistakes!!!" ....but I expect you've already heard that one several times by now, along with the "So you want to go to Court do you??" ........."YES!!!! FER CHRIST"S SAKE!!!! GET ON WITH IT!!!!"

Or, you could get copies of your credit record which will prove you do not owe the debt. You can take these along to your local Trading Standards/Office of Fair Trading (or CAB if you prefer) with some I.D. and explain what has been happening. Tell them Lowell are completely ignoring your reasonable requests for them to look again at their tracing of this debt, and that they will not listen to you. Be sure to take some letters you've received and make note of 'phone calls from Lowell.

OFT/TS will probably ask you to sign a form (third party mandate??) which gives them authority to act on your behalf, and delve into the background of whats been going on.

Then follows an eerie silence, which can last a few weeks.

At some point you'll probably get a call and/or letter from OFT/TS telling you Lowell made a mistake in the tracing process and your details have been removed from their "target list".

And that....hopefully....is that.

Best of luck. I really do sympathise with you, because I know what it's like!!!!.

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

You could write and explain to them it is an offence to obtain money by deception. Bet they dont have a template letter to cover that. They say you owe them the debt. Let them prove it. Send them the harrassment letter and get your phone company to ban witheld calls. Give them plenty of rope which will allow themselves to tie themselves in knots and hopefull eventually hang themselves. NEVER SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE