kerrypotterV'sHSBC

Kerrypotter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Ok - So I sent the original letter on 13th Feb, and received my statements no questions asked about 2 weeks later (gave them 40 days). I then calculated all my charges and they are a wapping 1844.00....

I have to confess I did not read the faq's properly and I sent the relevant statement pages with the charges highlighted rather than doing the spreadsheet. (so like me to steam right in without knowing the faq's)

I then on the 14th day (21st March) received a letter saying they have received my letter, here is a leaflet and they will deal with it in due course. After having a good read through today I have realised that the letter they have sent me is just a standard one and to go for it with the LBA....

So - being as all the bumf is at home I shall be doing this monday...should I do a proper statement of accounts with this letter (as I didn;t with the first one)?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi kp

yes do yourself a nice little spreadsheet of charges for the lba letter. you will be needing one for when you file your claim with the courts in anycase.

good luck with your claim - do plenty of reading now, faq's

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

pressed the button too quick and didn't finish my sentence lol

i was going to say read plenty of people's threads and faq's so mistakes can be avoided.

No worries with the previous statements. Make sure with you LBA you send a clear schedule of the charges that you are claiming back and the dates that you were originally charged. If you are using one of the spreadsheets from this site then that should give you all the information you need to include in your schedule. Just remember not to include the 8% interest at this stage you add that when you take HSBC to court!! :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

GOT IT!!!

You know what I did aswell - I included the interest which is the general interest on every month....

Oops!

So - am with it now and shall be sending it off Monday with fully fledged CHARGES ONLY spread sheet and that is all I will be claiming.

Blimey

thanks

You can claim the overdraft interest as well if you want but that is a whole other ball game and can be quite confusing but if you are interested (excuse the pun) then read through Bong's thread. But definatley don't include the 8% yet!!! :)

Oooh yes I see - bit confusing that one. What I might do is just do the spread sheet for the charges and leave out the overdraft interest (and 8%) for now.

although I wonder if this will look like back tracking?!

Still not alot I can do....wish me luck!!

Not back tracking a lot of people find the whole interest thing confusing. The main thing is to get the LBA out with all the charges you want paid back. And then start reading into the court process where you can add 8% interest to your claim.

Hi There - Quick Question Again

On Hsbc Accounts They Will Charge You For Unpaid Items Etc, But Also They Have A Bit At The End If The Month Which Will Say For Example "total Charge To 01feb2003"......i Can Put That On My Spread Sheet Can't I?

perfect thank you!

So - have just sent it off recorded delivery......have put on the letter that they are revised schedule of charges (being as I was a wally and didn't do the spreadsheet and added the interest last time.)

Still a total of 1786.00

14 days to go.......woo hooo

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya - so I sent LBA letter off on 27th March, still nothing. Am thinking that 14 workings days (as there was a bank holiday in between) I should wait until Monday 16th and if I have heard nothing on to the next step? What do you think?!?!

hi kerry

it is calendar days not working days, and don't give them any time for easter either - they would have charged you same way, easter or not!!!

time to start filling in your details on mcol now

register with mcol and save your details. you can pop in and out of mcol anytime to amend it right up until the day you submit (14 days after lba).

HMCS Money Claim Online

kerry take a look at this - (courtesy of Lateralus)

Once you have filed your claim, you need to send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

DG's details will be on page 2 of the acknowl.

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

Ok - so I have entered in the details, added the 8%? And have paid the 120.00......I have not added that just yet thoguh - do I need to? Or do we get that back?

yes... you will get the £120 back when you win!

and no, you don't need to add in the figure on mcol - they take that into account when you file your claim.:)