MFI- Kitchen warranty!

helly1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we purchased a kitchen in 2002 and where given an additional 4 year insurance. towards the end of last year i noticed a couple of the doors were starting to bubble and the finish was coming off on the joints, this got worse so out of the entire kitchen only 2 doors are now ok. i contacted MFI at the begining of january to check whether this would be covered under the warranty and they said yes, to give them the door measurement and they would send it out. when informed it was most of them they said i needed a home visit to assess them and they would contact the store to arrange for someone to come out. accorrding to the information on the insurance doc this would be within 3 days.

3 weeks later it still hadnt happened despite numerous calls to customer service and assurances that the store had been contacted :x . in the end i went into the store who denied all knowledge of this spoke to the manager who came out, agreed to order the replacement *yey*

we are now at the end of march and i still dont have the replacement, numerous calls to MFI, still not resolved. when i last spoke to them on monday i told the operator i thought that i had complied with visit, been patient and that it wasnt good enough and that they should send them direct to me. cant do that apparently. assurred me that someone from the store would contact me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: er yeh!! and i threatened a letter of complaint and to contact the insurance ombudsmen.

well still in the same boat and no further on, what do i do? Sorry for the long waffle but i am so hacked off with this now:x

have you actually bothered to write to them?

well i may be being a bit dim here but i was hoping that it would actually be sorted after each phone call and that i wouldnt need to take it further! obvioulsy i am a bit deluded :rolleyes: , but have never been in this situation before.

is there anything in particular i need to put in writing at this stage or just state the facts and ask them how they will resolve it, do i give a timescale for reply, if so how long

thanks

It's always best to get complaints in writing and keep a copy, so you have a record of exactly what has happened.

I would write to them now detailing a list of the faults that you are experiencing and making time of the essence, i.e. giving them a reasonable date by which to carry out the work.

If you are claiming under the insurance, make this clear. State what action you will prepare to take if they fail to do this work by the date given, i.e. report to ombudsman, getting the work completed by an external contractor and claiming the costs etc.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

• 11 months later...

The problem with telephone calls comes when they turn round and say, "Well YOU said....... so we....etc."

Neither you nor the person you speak to are able to remember everything that you said.

If you keep all correspondence, after the initial call, in writing, original to the store, copy in your file, then you have it in black and white.... every word that passes between you.

In case of dispute you can always send copies of your letters to back up your claim.

Don't forget to keep copies of every letter that they send to you.

Keep them all in date order, then you will have a logical account of your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....