Particulars Of Claim?

randycat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I havnt been here for a while because everything seemed to grind to a halt over the past 2 months. However, good news finally!! I had a court date for the 19th of July but today I got a letter from DG saying they would pay me £5,880 of my claim for £6,100 (due to incorrect interest calculations?) - Great news!! :D

They want me to sign a letter they sent though that has two conditions:

1: I keep all details of my claim confidential

2: I agree not to make any more claims relating to the same period

Does anyone have any advice on this as I was thinking of starting claims on my two credit cards - one of which is Capital one card which I believe is associated with the HSBC.

The letter does not state No claims against HSBC it just states No claims for the same period; Im wondering weather to write back saying I wont agree to this request??

Any ideas would be most welcome...

Regards,

John

best to use your own acceptance letter - it's your claim - accept it on your terms not theirs -

here's one -

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

Thanks for that Lateralus, I see your point about it eing my claim & therefore should be on my terms. However, I have one hesitation due to the fact I am ging on holiday this Sunday the 15th of July. If DG donot reply before I go away - where will that leave my claim? It would go to court & I will be absent; I have already informed the court that I will not be present & supplied my evidence as requested - but Im really not sure how to play this considering my iminent travel arrangements?!

What would you do in these circumstances?

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Rgds,

John

Hi All,

They want me to sign a letter they sent though that has two conditions:

1: I keep all details of my claim confidential

oops too late you told us its not their perogative to say this cheeky buggers

2: I agree not to make any more claims relating to the same period

Would hope you got all your charges for this period this time around

Send Latties letter and they will send the money

pete