style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to this site can anyone tell me where to start procceeding a claim for my money back from yorkshire bank.What i am worried about is interest what they have charged too. How can i work it out? I know it adds up to a few hundred.If i was to back a couple of yrs they would owe me quite a bit But i dont have the statements,Only from feb to now.And if it was to go to court.How much will it cost?Any help will be appricieated.At this moment in time i could do with money as its there fault i got into the mess in the first place Banging charges on all the time.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read through the FAQs. It explains step-by-step what to do.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maggie - how's it going? We haven't heard from you in a while. Have you managed to find the answers to your questions in the FAQ's? There is a lot of reading to do when you start off but it's worth it. Keep us posted.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ooh I say Zooman. Yorkshire Bank Bank Charges and Yorkshire Bank links. What can you be up to.

Oh what a tangled web we weave....;-)

Our unfair bank charges to receive.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Maggie - how's it going? We haven't heard from you in a while. Have you managed to find the answers to your questions in the FAQ's? There is a lot of reading to do when you start off but it's worth it. Keep us posted.
Hi i am just wondering weather to ask yb for all my bank charges back.But i am worried they will close down my account.What it is. i have my morgage with them and a personal loan.Do you think they will close it down?Or will they lose out.Cause they now owe my £450 Bank charges.I did go into the bank and asked them to stop them cause i was getting more and more into debt.They said we cant This left me distraught.I left the bank in tears.Now they are charging me for late payments on my persoanl loan.

Your mortgage and loans are completely seperate agreements - making a claim for charges on your current account will not affect them in any way.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi i am just wondering weather to ask yb for all my bank charges back.But i am worried they will close down my account.What it is. i have my morgage with them and a personal loan.Do you think they will close it down?Or will they lose out.Cause they now owe my £450 Bank charges.I did go into the bank and asked them to stop them cause i was getting more and more into debt.They said we cant. This left me distraught.I left the bank in tears.Now they are charging me for late payments on my persoanl loan.
What it is it all comes out of the same account. All my direct debits.Standing orders etc.

What it is it all comes out of the same account. All my direct debits.Standing orders etc.

You mean you have DDs in place from your current account to pay your loan and mortgage?

That's not a problem - if they closed your current account then you can open a new account and set up DDs from that account to pay your loan and mortgage.

• 1 month later...

Called into my bank on friday.Had a word with one of the staff.Iasked how much is was for six yrs bank statements.He said £15.He asked me why and i told him. Because of the unfair bank charges.They kept charging me and i was going further into debt. He told me to call in with the money and he will sort them out for me.And he will have a look he said.I wonder if anyone else has been paid out from yorkshire bank? maggie

theres a few who have won

theres a good half dozen of us all at various stages of the moneyclaim section

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

it has took about 6 weeks for me to receive my bank statements from Yorkshire bank, I am now trying to go through all the charges I have had from them which will take hours but even after reading the faq's I am still unsure what to do next, any help would be fantastic.

it has took about 6 weeks for me to receive my bank statements from Yorkshire bank, I am now trying to go through all the charges I have had from them which will take hours but even after reading the faq's I am still unsure what to do next, any help would be fantastic.
How come it took so long?Theyre trying to dragg it out as long as they can.Have you manged to claim anything back from them?I do know since christmas last yr they owed me £500 maybe more.Cheeky b++++s arent they? And over the yrs god knows i am going to dig my heels in and demand it back.

Hi i have a had a look around on FQA.And i am not to sure what steps to take first.Do i ask for charges on all 6yrs statements or ask for the statements there self? Ijust dont want to mess up.Know what i mean?

maggs

How are you doing dan? Getting anywhere?

read my thread ;)

ive had a warrant issued and they want a set aside, ive agreed to it if the divulge how much the true cost of the charges are

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

Hi MM48 ;)

I got my statements yesterday and counted £1160 in charges. I`ve draughted my prelim letter and will post it today.

Don`t listen to the guy in the bank. A complete list of charges will cost you no more than £10 as long you request a Subject Access Request, which in covered by the Data Protection Act.

The Mods will keep telling you to read the FAQs, its all there. Also read as many of the other threads as possible. Everyone elses experiences are educational as well as reasuring. There`s always someone who is few steps ahead of you, which gives you an idea of what to expect.

Good luck:)

YB Data Protection Act letter sent recorded post 14-7-06

statements recieved 8-08-06

prelim letter sent 9-08-06

LBA letter sent 26-08-06

MCOL filed 18-09-06

AQ Filed 6-11-06

Court date 22-2-07

Hi again ;)

You need to look in the Bank templates section and use the Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter. Edit where necessary. Your to request a complete list of transactions & charges relating to your account/s over the last 6 yrs

LBA letter sent 26-08-06

MCOL filed 18-09-06

AQ Filed 6-11-06

Court date 22-2-07

Hi again ;)

You need to look in the Bank templates section and use the Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter. Edit where necessary. Your to request a complete list of transactions & charges relating to your account/s over the last 6 yrs

Cheers thank you very much your a darlin.I am going to ask my son to print it out tonight as my printers had it. Do i write all this out or just fill in where needed? name address bank details etc?I am determend to get every penny back.All the suffering they have put me threw.Do i go in to the bank while they work it out or do i work it out?Cause i wasnt to good at maths at school.

Cheers thank you very much your a darlin.I am going to ask my son to print it out tonight as my printers had it. Do i write all this out or just fill in where needed? name address bank details etc?I am determend to get every penny back.All the suffering they have put me threw.Do i go in to the bank while they work it out or do i work it out?Cause i wasnt to good at maths at school.

Just fill in where needed. The reason your requesting your statements is so you can work out exactly how much they`ve charged you. Don`t worry about the maths, there`s a very useful spreadsheet in the bank templates section that helps you to create a schedule of the charges. It really is quite simple but very boring. Any problems just ask as there`s many a person willing to help

LBA letter sent 26-08-06

MCOL filed 18-09-06

AQ Filed 6-11-06

Court date 22-2-07

I have just counted up and I have been charged £2612.43 in 5 years. I can't believe it. My prelim letter will be going off tonight.
Good for you julie. get it sorted.My god thats a lot of dosh.Good holiday there for you? Or even a car.

How are you ever supposed to get yourself straight and in the black when you have edit on the high street. I left yorkshire bank 18 months ago and that is the only way I could get out of debt with them(with the help of a loan to get them off my back)

Please do not use libelous comments that could cause problems for the site.