Charlie v hsbc

charlie10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Today i printed of my last 6 years bank statements and tonight will do a spreadsheet. Two things i am not sure about the overdraft interest? do i not just put the whole amount in they have been charging me each month? and also the 8% interset on all charges when do i submit that? and is it worth adding the interest? :?

Thanks for all your help :D

You don't submit the 8% until you file your claim with the court. The spreadsheet should calculate the overdraft interest that you can claim from the bank once you have input all your details correctly. Put in the whole amount for each month and the spreadsheet will do the rest.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Charlie this link will tell you what you can claim back http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

Take a bit of time to look through the FAQ's and guides most of you initial questions can be answered in here.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 4 weeks later...

Right they have had the LBA 14 days ago so i am going to move onto the next stage must admit this bit scares me i have been reading so much but still it don't seem to clear..I have had the two bank holidays included in the 14 days so was wondering do I leave it an extra two days?

Also I called hsbc this morning and was on hold for 35 mins, finally got through just wanted to see how far they had got now i am worried if i have done the wrong thing. They told me that everything is being dealt with in a strict date order. :mad:

Oh well its done now i will just have to carry on and hope i havent messed my claim up.

Anyhelp will be appreciated.

hi

firstly, no don't give them extra time for easter! they wouldn't have taken it into consideration if they charged you!!

now secondly, it's your claim not theirs so you stick to your own timetable and not theirs. file your claim with the courts/mcol now.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thirdly you won’t have messed anything up by talking to Uncle Colin and his drones.

Once you file your claim with the court you wave bye bye to him and say hello to DG Solicitors, who probably won’t say anything to you until they write you a nice letter saying we are right you are wrong and we could prove it if we wanted to but here’s your money anyway.

pete

filing a claim with mcol is really simple. take a good look at the link i'm sending, register your claim and you can pop in and out of the site anytime you like until you submit your final claim.

HMCS Money Claim Online

don't be worried, keep reading people's threads so you have a good idea of what happens/could happen next. always try and be one step ahead. it's so important to be confident in what your'e doing - that way you won't be in for any surprises!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i still havent heard anything but i have used my card and have gone £140.00 over my OD limit, i received a letter today to say they have cancelled my card, is this going to stop me getting my bank charges back.:confused:

Can you help as i am really worried i have messed up

I also think they are taking my £1k OD away will i have to pay them that back with the money i am trying to claim back...

Some help woul be appreicated

thanks

it wont affect your claim.

if you've gone over your overdraft limit they will slap on another charge which you could always claim back later

as far as I know they dont usually close down the account on a first claim - have you got a parachute account set up?

presume they can pull in your overdraft & not sure what you can do about this (someone else hopefully will advise).

yes u can :) i asked for mine to be paid into another account and after a hiccup they were happy to do so :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to get an offer through in the next few days and as money is tight i have no option but to accept, can you please advise me off a letter and also i want the money paid into my Halifax account can this be done.

thanks

I hope you do get an offer. You can ask them to pay you by cheque only. I think they have to comply with your wishes.

Just add the bit about payment by cheque to this letter:)

good luck!

Try this one! Not before you get an offer though! LOL:-)

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely