Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all and please can any1 help me??

First i want to thank all the ppl who, help and admen this site. THANK U ALL!!

1. If i have posted in the wrong place please forgive me i am very new to this and i have a sight difficulty's if i spell or miss place anything its coz i cant see the screen to well.

2 got a letter this week from (Mr Jason Evans, of Ruthbridge Limited a bunch of cow tippers) saying my dad owes their client Cabot Financial Europe Limited £1700.00 for some loan (we have not a clue what these idiots are on about) and we need to pay with in the next 7 days

ok i've been reading all the post on this thread and came to the conclusion i need to send them latter template N, for a CCA but someone has said not to sign is that correct?? do i just let my dad print his name at the bottom and not sign it?? any advice will be grateful i will past the letter here please can u tell me if i have done anything wrong or if it is ok to send many thanks to all from foxy

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number *************.

Client Name Cabot Financial Europe Limited.

I do not acknowledge any debt from your client:

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

I do not acknowledge any debt and if you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr...........so i do not sign?? i just let him print with the keyboard??

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all and please can any1 help me??

First i want to thank all the ppl who, help and admen this site. THANK U ALL!!

1. If i have posted in the wrong place please forgive me i am very new to this and i have a sight difficulty's if i spell or miss place anything its coz i cant see the screen to well.

2 got a letter this week from (Mr Jason Evans, of Ruthbridge Limited a bunch of cow tippers) saying my dad owes their client Cabot Financial Europe Limited £1700.00 for some loan (we have not a clue what these idiots are on about) and we need to pay with in the next 7 days

ok i've been reading all the post on this thread and came to the conclusion i need to send them latter template N, for a CCA but someone has said not to sign is that correct?? do i just let my dad print his name at the bottom and not sign it?? any advice will be grateful i will past the letter here please can u tell me if i have done anything wrong or if it is ok to send many thanks to all from foxy

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number *************.

Client Name Cabot Financial Europe Limited.

I do not acknowledge any debt from your client:

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request; the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

I do not acknowledge any debt and if you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr...........so i do not sign?? i just let him print with the keyboard??

YES do not sign, just type the name at the end of the letter. Some companies, such as Ruthbridge, are not beyond copying the signature onto a form they allege the client signed.

Also check this alleged debt is not statute barred, Ruthbridge are known for chasing these type of debts just before they become statute barred or when they already are.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Ruthbridge also send out a 'letter to occupier', this invites you to telephone them regarding a 'delivery'. IGNORE this letter and tell your father to do the same, it is just Ruthbridge and once they have your telephone number they will threaten everything from bankruptcy to killing your cat.

Any problems post back.

regards

• 2 months later...
Hi

Recieved a letter this morning addressed to the occupier. Can I assume they are just phishing?

:!:

Yes. Ignore the clowns they will go after someone else when they see you are not playing. Keep the letter and report them to Trading Standards if you wish, sending out that sort of thing is against the rules.

regards

Ok guys, sorry for late reply first thank u to all who helped and gave me advice thank u so much for ur time and help.

sent Ruthbridge Ltd, the temp letter above in the this post... not heard anything from them for along time so i'm thinking they had no leg to stand on and have left the issue.... did get a letter from Cabot financial few days after i sent Ruthbridge, the temp letter saying they are trying to find the original CCA but no nwes from them too i think its been all most 10 weeks so i;m hoping they have just written it off.

once more thank u to all who helped me and my dad

if i hear anything i will post here again

@ sammyfield

there are good ppl with good advice on this site..Ruthbridge ltd are a bunch of cow-tippers dont let them bully u and good luck i hope u get it all sorted.

Whitefox.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the CCA that you are leggaly entitled to. One good point, no cca = no debt. If they keep on at you report them to trading standards who already have a substantial file on Ruthbridge.

regards

Hi

We have now recieved a letter adressed to my partner. It states that

"we note that you have not relpied to mail directed to you"....well he has had no mail "directed" to him from this company - only the letter to the ocupier and they say that an agent will call.

They have not stated what this letter is about (ie what debt it relates to) or the comapny they are representing. I'm choosing to ignore the letter untill they write to tell us what it is about.

Any advice on what to do would be great thanks:-x

Hi

We have now recieved a letter adressed to my partner. It states that

"we note that you have not relpied to mail directed to you"....

So, don't reply to this one either.

well he has had no mail "directed" to him from this company - only the letter to the ocupier and they say that an agent will call.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the 'agent', the names these clowns give themselves really is laughable.

They have not stated what this letter is about (ie what debt it relates to) or the comapny they are representing. I'm choosing to ignore the letter untill they write to tell us what it is about.

Even if they did tell you what it is about, still ignore them.

Any advice on what to do would be great thanks:-x

As above.

regards

I usually pretty much ignore debt collectors except capquest see my thread , most of them are full of the brown stuff and all give up eventually, however i have read this thread with interest and am now contemplating getting into a bit of a tussle with them to keep me amused through the long winter nights. The debt belongs to the other half , they dont have any phone numbers for her so its just the usual guff they sent out , i have started to keep them and am filing them under F for funny I for illegal and BS well you can guess that one , actually i should name the folder BS and file everything else in sub catagories . Anyway the debt is a next store card pre 2006 and i imagine if she cca s them the only thing if anything she will get is an application form which i doubt will be enforceable , the OH is a bit dubious about rocking the boat , but these clowns have annoyed so many people . The most recent letter isfrom their Debt Hardship service where their trained staff will work to try to help her , negoiate an affordable repayment scheme .The service is entirely funded by Ruthbridge and is provided absolutely free of charge . All you have to do is phone the number below ( cool ) . Now the funny bit , Should you ignore our FINAL offer of assistance we will have no alternative to refer your account to our Debt Recovery division . Signed Jason Evans Debt Recovery Division , Now call me an old sceptic , but i am starting to doubt that Jason is being straight with me here , im beginning to think that the file hasnt actually been sent to the Debt Hardship Service, where their trained advisors are working tirelessly to help negoiate an affordable repayment scheme at all . No i believe Jason is trying to pull the wool over my eyes on this one , and what his letter should of said was . Dear Mucker , listen to i tell you this , christmas is coming up soon and everyone in Ruthbridge need the cash for skiing holidays etc, we have tried numerous ways to dupe you into giving us a bell , but all to no avail , we have tried the dear occupier letter , which usually makes people curious enough to call us , but that didnt work , then we had a go at the old bankruptcy one, people usually panic when they get that and are on the phone immediatley to us , but that effort was wasted on you , we tried the 72 hour one and waited patiently by the phone only to be dissappointed by your failure to take the bait. Look mate we are running out of ideas here please give us a ring , our dedicated staff are anxious to try and get some christmas money out of you , and some of the money we get from you will go towards sending out letters offering our Free debt hardship service to other people . We cant really get our message across to you on paper because we cant really put any of our bully boy threats on it , in case you show it to someone. So please please i beseech you give us a bell .

Your Mate

Jason

If they want you to give them a bell there are plenty of santa xmassy bells around, could make a nice decoration for their offices!

Seriously the different divisions make me laugh, how about a "Ministry of Silly DCA Letters" round up thread, got to be won by the immortal "Valid even if not read by you" or the old Westcot letters designed to look like cout forms, but in scary varigated red....

You could have some fun by reporting Ruthbridge to the OFT for their latest letter alone. Their application for a consumer credit licence, which was renewed after more than a year of consideration by the pen pushers, was notable for its deletion of the debt counselling element. So what Jason - who doesn't exist - is offering is outside the scope of the licence. Telling you that bankruptcy is an option in the same letter as offering you a substantial discount is just icing on the cake. Go get Jason!!!!

• 6 months later...

Just google Ruthbride their site is there and there is a load of links to CAG and other forums with complaints etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me. My mum recieved a letter from this company yesterday. They say they have been instructed by Cabot Financial Europe Limited who have passed the debt onto them for collection of an outstanding balance form a Credit Card. It also says its been assigned form somebody named Providian. My mum has never had a credit card in her life. What do we do? There's no threatening or abusive language in the letter it just says that we should get in contact with them to arrange a payment. Any help will be fantastic.

There is no criminal offence now regarding non

compliance with a CCA request, the only sanction

is that the debt cannot be enforced in court, but

proceedings can be started, collection

activity is usually suspended while the request

is investigated, the debt remains live and recoverable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me. My mum recieved a letter from this company yesterday. They say they have been instructed by Cabot Financial Europe Limited who have passed the debt onto them for collection of an outstanding balance form a Credit Card. It also says its been assigned form somebody named Providian. My mum has never had a credit card in her life. What do we do? There's no threatening or abusive language in the letter it just says that we should get in contact with them to arrange a payment. Any help will be fantastic.

Hi, Ruthbridge are well known for chasing debts that no one else

will touch.

1. Do Not contact them by phone ever.

2. How much are they chasing for?

Providian own Vanquis Bank which

issues

''credit building'' credit card, but I believe

that they are/were involved in revolving credit

accounts as well.

You could be wise to check your mums

credit reference files to see if any thing

shows up, then come back to us for advice.

Ignore the letter for now Ruthbridge deal

in old and often statute barred debts.

Brig.

Thank you Brig. Sorry, I am new to all of this. How would I go about checking my mum's credit refernce? The sum they are asking for is £425.86. My mum had all her debts wiped a few years ago. There is no date on the letter stating when this credit card was taken out. Could it be they have her mistaken for somebody else or could it be fraud? Could somebody have taken a card out in her name? Thanks again for you help :smile: