Ruthbridge Ltd

devlin76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi kayle,

Google Experian and/or Equifax the

two main agencies and take the free 30

day trials,the will ask for a debit/card

for id purposes no charge is made to

the card.

Just cancel before the 30 days is up.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do not enter into any form of contract with them whether verbally or in writing, do not speak with them over the phone, just confirming your name and address is entering into a slient contract, never admit you owe them or agree to pay them. The burden of proof is with them not you. They will make veiled threats and may harass you, don't get scared, always ask them questions and always in writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,first timer here. i received a letter a couple of weeks ago from Ruthbridge limited asking whether my husband resides under the address of our home (well yes he does since we own the property) he was advised to make contact with the above, which i had urged him to do since i don't like things hanging over me. He was unsuccessful trying to call them so i decided to take action in my own hands- i googled Ruthbridge to see first what they are about and this Forum came up with a lot of people getting a lot of grief from them. Now, neither of us know why the letter arrived in the first place. we are unaware of any debts and really i'm looking for advice of how to tackle this. I don't want to ignore the letter but at the same time i don't really want to open a (very nasty by the look of it) can of worms. Could someone please advise what the best steps are. The letter stated that my husband needs to make contact with them otherwise they will arrange for their agent to contact us. that has not yet happened but i want to be prepared especially having read what this company is putting people through.any help or comments are appreciated.thanks :)

Hi, If Ruthbridge have not

stated what the are chasing

they can be ignored until the

do.

They are well known for chasing

debts that are statute barred or

unenforceable in some way.

Jason & Julia Evans the deadly

duo who seem to be in charge

of all the departments.

Check your husbands credit reference

files with Experian and Equifax for

any indication what the debt might be.

If it does no show then it will be over 6

years old.

Get the info and post back here for advice.

ANDNEVER EVER PHONE A DEBT COLLECTOR

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hello, thanks very much for your reply. well we have ignored the first letter but received another one-today- specifically addressed to my husband- stating that he owes just over £1700. the letter was very polite offering a 'special deal' that if he phones them within 5 days they will only request a payment of £345 in one and only installment. my husband and i have been married for 9 years and the debt is approx 15 years old- he took on a credit card for his step farther so to be fair it's not ever really his debt although it is in his name. Now a part of me wants it paid and over with but i have read so much about Ruthbridge that i am very concerned that i will be opening a Pandora's box. i am planning to ask his step-father to deal witht he financial side of things but i understand that even that needs to be handled very carefully as it is always strongly advised not to call them and i simply don't want my husband step father to call and put his foot in it...i'm really looking for the best and safest solution...:-)

Edited by robinfly

Hello, thanks very much for your reply. well we have ignored the first letter but received another one-today- specifically addressed to my husband- stating that he owes just over £1700. the letter was very polite offering a 'special deal' that if he phones them within 5 days they will only request a payment of £345 in one and only installment. my husband and i have been married for 9 years and the debt is approx 15 years old- he took on a credit card for his step farther so to be fair it's not ever really his debt although it is in his name. Now a part of me wants it paid and over with but i have read so much about Ruthbridge that i am very concerned that i will be opening a Pandora's box. i am planning to ask his step-father to deal witht he financial side of things but i understand that even that needs to be handled very carefully as it is always strongly advised not to call them and i simply don't want my husband step father to call and put his foot in it...i'm really looking for the best and safest solution...:-)

This debt is almost certainly statute barred, no payment

or acknowledgment in the past six clear years

confirm this and tell Ruthbridge the debt is SB

and he wont be paying END OF STORY.

Ruthbridge are notorious for chasing SB

debts and offering''discounts'' to wrest

payments out of unsuspecting people.

• 1 month later...

I had some problems last year (same tiime of year also) same problem with mcKenzie Hall from a debt spanning as far back as 2000 - this was a debt I had already cleared up with the original company. Luckily I didn't ring them straight away, I planned to ring in my lunch hour from work - one of my colleagues (a former bank manager) advised me DO NOT RING - GET IN TOUCH WITH A FREE LEAGAL ADVICE LINE - I did this and they were well aware of this company - I sent them all the details and they told me not to get in touch as this debt was STATUTE BARRED. The tone of the initial letter was scary (BOLD RED FONT), the second stated that if I failed to communicate within 10 days a bailiff would appear on the doorstep to take goods up to the value of the debt. I rang the legal aid line (which was free by the way) and they told me they could not do this - if anyone did turn up ring the police, however, they doubted that anything would happen....THEY WERE RIGHT!!! One year on I now receive the same piffle from another company - I will relegate this letter to were it belongs - in the bin as it is rubbish.

Thanks to this site I was able to get info relating to bully boy tactics of both McKenzie Hall and now Ruthbridge Ltd. I really just wanted to state for the record that sites like these are BRILLIANT!! It gives peace of mind and lets you know that you are not alone. Companies like those named previously, often operate close to the wind and if you have all the information to hand and seek advice, they can't con you. All the advice on this site has really helped....THANK YOU!! ☺

Ruthbridge are notorious at this time of year in particular on old SB debts,

their threats are empty and in most cases if the people they contact are

savvy so will their pockets:madgrin:

Please do NOT throw these letters away, you should keep them as proof of the intimidatory tactics should you ever need it. Always, report this type of intimidation to the OFT. They will not deal with individual cases, but they do keep a record of all complaints and when sufficient are received they will act. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

I recieved a letter from Ruthbridge Ltd last week. It claimed I was a customer of theirs and they needed to trace me and could I call them. I naturally calledthem...Number Withheld and the Lass on the end started asking me personal questions. I stopped her mid flow and said quite politely "You should already know this if i'm a customer of yours" she stuttered to a halt. I proceeded to inform her that I have never heard of them and would not pass any of my personal details to anyone over the phone no matter how official the letter looked stating the current climate etc. Could she send me details in a letter.

Upshot is the conversation ended with her sympathising with me and apologising....have not heard from them since.

Beware of ever speaking to Ruthbridge they

can be very abusive and arrogant, dealing

mostly debis that no other company will touch,

often statute barred or no documents or both.

• 11 months later...
Ignore them, bunch of chancers on a fishing trip to see who they can hook in. Do not enter into any dialogue with them, do not agree that you owe them, the burden of proof is on them, not you.

That what friend said I was but perturbed because it was in my name ? Thank you for your help, as I think I was told it was s.b if it was true.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

If a debt has reached the depths of Ruthbridge it is either statute barred or unenforceable, so you need to check your cedit reference files to see what is showing.

Until Ruthbridge actually state what they are chasing ignore them, and do NOT be tempted to phone them., they are known to try intimidation.

You need to be SURE of your facts Statute Barred = 6 years with no payment or written acknowlegment of the debt (5years in Scotland).

You need to be SURE of your facts Statute Barred = 6 years with no payment or written acknowlegment of the debt (5years in Scotland).

I've have just checked on my credit file and only thing can see is a company I had trouble with back in oct 2007? But have never had any letters or calls since!! The payment I sent was aug/sep 2007. What dose this mean. Is it s.b or do I have too pay them?

I've have just checked on my credit file and only thing can see is a company I had trouble with back in oct 2007? But have never had any letters or calls since!! The payment I sent was aug/sep 2007. What dose this mean. Is it s.b or do I have too pay them?

Aug/Sept 2013 if your dates are right. No need to do anything until the debt is identified.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just received a 2nd letter stating the dept and that they have been appointed as agent By company too recover dept. they talking about going too court if I ignore the letter. And that all costs will be added too said dept. what do I do ?