Bigjohnk v Capital One

bigjohnk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SAR sent this morning.

Now to sit & wait!!

Oh Yes, nearly forgot, a friend of mine used to work for Captial One, so I have a bit of an insiders view of what life was like working for "The Big C" as he used to call it!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

Ok... how much are their real charges?..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

SAR sent this morning.

Now to sit & wait!!

Oh Yes, nearly forgot, a friend of mine used to work for Captial One, so I have a bit of an insiders view of what life was like working for "The Big C" as he used to call it!!!

hi bigjohnnk my SAR Recieved Monday 12th so will watch your thread and compare reactions from CRAP1

dpick

• 4 weeks later...

Well, not a dickie bird from Crap 1 yet, still they've got another week or so till the 40 days are up!!

I suppose they must be a bit busy!!;)

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

Loads of paperwork from Crap one sent by special delivery!!

Statements, explanations of codes & print outs of screen dumps!

Looks like I going to be busy!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen on some other threads an interest rate of 34.9%, this is, it seems, is only for the Classic Card, as I have a Platinum card do I use a different rate?

I calculated from the monthly rates shown on my statement. 1.667% cash, 1.527% purchase, added together, divided by 2 to get the average & multiplied by 12 to get the yearly.

This gave me a total of 19.164%.

RBOS - Settled in Full

Just checked Royal Mail website......Prelim arrived today!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

14 day deadline is now up for Prelim........suprise, suprise no response from Cap 1!!

LBA will be sent later this week!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Letter arrived this morning.......the usual blah blah about how they think there charges are fair etc etc.

They have offered the difference between the new £12 charge & the old charges........Sorry not good enough, I want what I'm owed!!

Can anyone point me in the direction of an apt refusal letter?

RBOS - Settled in Full

Just noticed that the letter does actually say it's a full & final offer, just an offer of goodwill!

Anyway, rejection letter composed (I used the one for MBNA).

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

Letter arrived this morning from Ellie Renshaw (Executive Office Manager) in response to my rejection letter.

Usual blurb, "I'm sorry to hear that you feel my offer is unacceptable. We are confident our fees are both fair & legal. Blah Blah Blah.

This offer is still open to you. I won't be increasing it, as it is my final offer.

Financial regulations require me to advise you that this is my final response in relation to this matter. [What financial regulations?] However, you now have the option to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter."

I like the last paragraph...."Again, I look forward to receiving your signed settlement form so we can put this behind us & save the court's valuable time"

LBA in the post this weekend!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

LBA recieved by Cap One yesterday.....14 days & counting!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise, surprise!!!

Another letter arrived today from Ellie Renshaw.........pretty much exactly the same as the last one but with a different date.

LBA runs out tomorrow!

I'm not going to be able to start the court claim for a couple of weeks as I'm away all next week & I don't want to miss anything while I'm away!!

I also want to re-read some of the POC stuff just to make sure I've got it all correct!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

Surprise, surprise!!!

Another letter arrived today from Ellie Renshaw.........pretty much exactly the same as the last one but with a different date.

LBA runs out tomorrow!

I'm not going to be able to start the court claim for a couple of weeks as I'm away all next week & I don't want to miss anything while I'm away!!

I also want to re-read some of the POC stuff just to make sure I've got it all correct!!

Hi bigjohn dpick again I got Ellie's this is our final offer and will not be increased and if we do not hear from You 8 weeks case closed. Thats a shame I just filed N1 today at court for charges an ci, will keep you posted.

dpick:p

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing going to happen for a while.

Cash to start my court claim is not available at the moment, I've just been handed a large bill by my garage as my car went bang while I was on holiday!!!!

I'm looking at sending a letter of complaint to the AA, the AA man showed up, briefly explained what he thought the problem was, but before he could do anything the heavens opened, he said "Sorry I'm not allowed to work in these conditions", got back into his van & drove off!!!!!!

Fortunately the following day I managed to get a local garage to look at it for me.

RBOS - Settled in Full

• 2 weeks later...

For some strange reason Crap One are now phoning me!

When I tell them "due to impending legal action against Cap One, all communications must be in writing" They say they have written to me & wish to discuss the problem. The last letter I got was to tell me they weren't going to increase their offer.

I didn't think the O/S call centres had the authority to negotiate on these matters.

Anyway I told them any further calls will be classed as harassment & will be reported to the authorities.

RBOS - Settled in Full

Hi BigjohnK,

Just wondering how you are getting on, Have you filed your claim yet? I went through this a few weeks ago, also dealt with Ellie Renshaw, they paid up within 12 days of me filing my N1!!

kind regards,

shane daniel

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Due to other things taking most of my time, I've sadly not been able to get anything done yet, but fear not I shall be attempting to get the N1 done this weekend!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

no worries bigjohnk, the sooner you file your claim the sooner you r to seeing your money. Capital one seem only to be settling cases after an official claim has been filed. I can sort of understand where they're coming from, they assume most people are to timid to go through with it when a court is involved but with the increase in publicity regarding charges all they're doing is having to pay more back as they have to cover the claim issue fees as well!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question!

In the last latter I got it said if they didn't hear from me within 8 weeks they would consider the matter closed, now due to other commitments I may not be able to file my claim until after the 8 week period is up, so would they just ignore the claim as it was past the deadline or is the deadline something they have made up to suit themselves?

RBOS - Settled in Full

Here's a question!

In the last latter I got it said if they didn't hear from me within 8 weeks they would consider the matter closed, now due to other commitments I may not be able to file my claim until after the 8 week period is up, so would they just ignore the claim as it was past the deadline or is the deadline something they have made up to suit themselves?

Hi it's your claim and yours to decide if matter is closed not theirs just go ahead let them try to say to the court this matter is closed we say so.

Crap1 one big rasssssssssssberry dpick:)

• 10 months later...

Hi All, I'm back!!

Unfortunately due to work commitments & I'll health I've not actually been able to do anything with my claim since my last post!!!

To get the ball rolling again I'm going to resend my LBA with the original figures.

Is this the best way to go or should I recalculate my claim & send that.

My preferred option would be to send the original stuff as it would be less hassle.

Advice please!!!

RBOS - Settled in Full