• Tweets

• Today is the last chance for those aged between 20 and 25 to nab themselves a free four-year railcard by opening an account with Santander.View the full article
    • The address is only a paper address with no actual manned staff address. Police have rang me this morning and taken some more information including the details of the driver who they say they will contact and interview.  They are also putting in a formal request to Shiply to get the couriers driving license and biometric information held on file. IF anyone else has been in the same position with this particular courier, please please let me know and we can perhaps go down the strength in numbers route xx
    • Heres a point, while we wait for @theoldrouge to condemn rather than promote and support right wing bigots spouting genuine and clear monstrous antisemitic rhetoric ... Isn't it actually specifically unlawful to promote violence against politicians on top of laws to criminalise such things? ... As is reported happening in these closed facebook groups run by Tory staff and where a Tory police minister and the Tory London mayor candidate are members and post?   .. or do the Tories (seemingly like tor) only promote laws for protecting the hate spouting hard right ?   "“Some of these (Tory facebook groups) posts constitute the most appalling racism and I would urge the Conservative Party to swiftly distance itself from these hate-filled groups and urgently investigate what role any Conservative politicians and officials have played within them. “Susan Hall and the Tory MPs who have belonged to these groups need to come out and explain why – and to denounce the content they have tacitly endorsed by their membership.” "Reporters found widespread racism and Islamophobia as well as conspiracy theories and celebrations of criminal damage on the pages, including sharing the white supremacist slogan and antisemitic videos. " "Unearthed found that 46 out of the 82 admins have clear links to the Tory Party, including a recent digital campaign manager for the party and a conservative activist. Conservative councillor for Haywards Heath, Rachel Cromie, is an admin on all the groups. "     Also interesting that Facebook groups opposing 20mph speed limit in Wales are being run by English Tories   Conservative-run anti-Ulez Facebook groups hosted racist and Islamophobic posts - Unearthed UNEARTHED.GREENPEACE.ORG Tory staff running Facebook groups described as 'cesspits of vile racism' WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT TORY staff and activists are running Facebook pages which are riddled with white supremacist slogans and Islamophobic attacks... Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts   Conservative-run anti-ULEZ Facebook groups are rife with racist and violent posts - London Post LONDON-POST.CO.UK A coordinated network of 36 Facebook groups opposing London’s ultra-low emission zone (ULEZ), run by Conservative councillors and...  
    • Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

kings hill/hodsons[cabot] claimform - mogan Stanley card **DISCONTINUED**

mrrj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats the strange thing this DOA! doesnt show any account details at all its a document showing all the legalities between kings hill and morgan stanley .It is worded quite alot that thi document covers bulk buying as apposed to my account. there is a page signed by cabot directors and morgan stanley reps (no date though).the only thing that relates to me is a single line on the last page stating my name card number and ammount. on the front page is the date of the aggreement but in the account statement they sent me monday the card number is slightly different and the ammount balance was different?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand...and that's not a lot! Deeds of Assignment often cover bulk purchases of debts, so you may just be one line out of many. However, if the information shown on the DoA and the Statement of Account differ, I would say some clarification is required. As Rory suggested send the OC a SAR this may throw some light on it for you.

Incidently are you sure the Credit Agreement is valid before worrying too much about the DoA?

The CCA was passed to me via the c courts so i assume they are acceptable .

What im trying to press on is the fact that the DOA they supplied me today has no account details at all in ,

there is even templates for the notice of assignment (blank )

and the form of offer (blank) which is the form for the debt purchase from the original creditor

Can anybody explain what makes a DOA an executed copy??

I have PM'd someone to have a look at your thread - hopefully they can help.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanx rory today was the date that cabot had to supply me with all paerwork , so i dont think i have much time to find fault with what they have sent.

Anybody with DOA knowledge???????

DOA skilled peeps advice please

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thnx rory but i just need to know if a doa wth no details of mine willhold water in court

Shouldn't this post be in the Cabot threads ?? It miht help to attract more attention

Just hate every DCA out there

Did the Judge order Cabot to release the DOA to you? If so what else did they send you? If Judge ordered disclosure you can ask for any information you need and they have to supply it.

Why did Morgan Stanley say they are part of the same company? It really is worrying how these employees know zilch about the law and even who they work for.

Also it isn't the DOA that is an executed copy I think you mean a copy of the original executed agreement.

And yes the original creditor should have sent you a notice of assignment and Cabot too.

Yes the Dj ordered cabot to suppl the DOA , CA and account statements.

On the CA they have sent the only bits i can read are the sections i wrote in , The account statements are nothing but plain sheets of paper with a list of usage and a balance at the top of each page . How can a DJ take the copy of the DOA as real when it has no details about me in at all ,if this is a legal document then the the DJ could take it as everyone on this sites DOA.There is also a lot of errors on all the docs , my address is slighlty wrong on the statements and on the back of the DOA was stapled a sheet with my name ,acc number and balance of which the account number and balance does not match the account statements. Also i have noticed that the Default registered with Equifax was registered over a year before they claim to have purchased the debt.Cabot appear to have sent all the details by the cut off date (last Thursday ) should i send a letter to the courts pointing out all these errors? and will the courts now pass judgement without contacting me ??:confused:

When is your hearing set for? I would probably do the following:

Go over the entire paperwork you have in front of you and dissect it word for word and as you go draw up a list of points where you disagree with them.

Also post your contract on the CCAthread on here (I think it's in general forum) as there are a lot of people with experience of these contracts. I couldn't see it very well but does it say application form or agreement?

As to the DOA it sounds like it proves nothing if there is nothing specific to you.

Add to your list the fact that the default was registered a whole year before you heard from these people.

If in doubt of next move with the court either call them or go and see them. They will usually tell you what will happen next.

I am not sure if you have been to court yet or if the DJ is just doing this all on paper.

Keep posting and people will drop by with extra info I am sure.

There is also a lot of errors on all the docs , my address is slighlty wrong on the statements and on the back of the DOA was stapled a sheet with my name ,acc number and balance of which the account number and balance does not match the account statements. Also i have noticed that the Default registered with Equifax was registered over a year before they claim to have purchased the debt.Cabot appear to have sent all the details by the cut off date (last Thursday ) should i send a letter to the courts pointing out all these errors?

I meant to add contest all of this in a letter to the court. Do not admit to anything at all. It is up to them to prove it.

• Haha 1

Thanx RHIA Havent been to court yet and have no hearing date .

will speak to the courts tom to see whats next .

Recieved a letter from court stating that the claim be stayed until 21st may (can someone expain what stayed means) funny thing is letter is dated 22nd may ??

If I was you, I would ring the court.. Must be a typo... Could be June or July....

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Have just written letter for the court what do you think?

29/05/2007

Dear Sir / Madam Ref claim number xxxxxxx

I have now recieved What Kings Hill / Cabot (uk) Claim to be my original credit agreement , a statement of my account and the deed of assignment but i have found there to be a number of errors.

1. The credit agreement is actualy a copy of the original application form , this is a very poor copy and i am unable to read the term and conditions therfore how can i dispute if the terms and conditions are broken .

2. How Kings Hill / cabot (uk) are in possesion of the supposed credit aggreement when it would quite clearly be breaking the data protection act for Morgan Stanley to supply them with a copy.

3.The copy of the supposed statements are nothing more than a printout on plain paper of transactions and a balance at the top .Also the address supplied on the supposed statements do not match my actual address.

4. As in 2 how are Kings hill Cabot (uk) to be in possesion of this supposed statement when it would also be breaking the data protection act for Morgan Stanley to supply.

5. The supposed copy of the Deed Of Assignment is no more than a bulk purchase contract between Kings Hill / Cabot (uk) and Morgan Stanley , this does not contain a single reference to me or my supposed account apart from a sheet added on the back . This sheet has a single line about my account but the account number does not match that in the supposed statement nor does the account balance.

6. In the supposed Deed Of Assignment is a template for a Notice of Assignment . i have never recieved a Notice Of Assignment from Morgam Stanley nor Kings Hill / Cabot (uk) and is my understanding that a court case cannot be actioned until a Notice Of Assignment is sent.

7 The supposed Deed Of Assignment is dated 27/05/2004 however on my equifax credit file Kings Hill /Cabot (uk) have placed a default upon me dated the 03/03/2003 how could this be possible.

8.The fact that the supposed Deed Of Assignment allows Kings Hill Cabot (uk)to write and print letters in Morgan Stanleys name.

Above is just the mistakes i have found with my limited knowledge of the law but i am sure there is more than one good reason for this case to be struck out. I would now ask you to order Kings Hill /Cabot (uk) to comply with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to find out any other data they have shared or been supplied with .

Yours

Agree with bebt mountain........well done mrrj!!:D

Have you sent a SAR to Cabot Financial (UK) ? ;)

I would strongly suggest you do, as their response will have an impact on your case.

I will send you a pm to explain

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

• 1 month later...