Johnboy Firefighter v Nasty NatWest

foleshillffh15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a claim in for £3575 and have had the crappy letter saying, sorry they are unable to reach an agreement (this is the first response, so what's that all about?), then goes on to say sorry we have not yet been able to respond (do they know what they are doing?), and asking me to bear with them. They have until friday 16 March to repay me in full, if not the Court action starts, already have all forms and copies of statements prepared.

I havent claimed for a refund of interest charged for going over their overdraft limit etc, can we? has anyone done so, if you have what did you do?

P.S. This is my first contact with you all, hiya!

I have a claim in for £3575 and have had the crappy letter saying, sorry they are unable to reach an agreement (this is the first response, so what's that all about?), then goes on to say sorry we have not yet been able to respond (do they know what they are doing?), and asking me to bear with them. They have until friday 16 March to repay me in full, if not the Court action starts, already have all forms and copies of statements prepared.

I havent claimed for a refund of interest charged for going over their overdraft limit etc, can we? has anyone done so, if you have what did you do?

P.S. This is my first contact with you all, hiya!

Hi and welcome!!!:)

It sure does seem like they dont know what they are doing as they must be swamped under completely!!!They must have mountains of claims to go through!!!

Anyway,follow your own timescale,and if they have not settled IN FULL by your deadline then simply continue and file your N1 at court or use MCOL!!!

If you doo need any more help or advice there is always someone about to help or pop into the chatroom !!

Here's wishing you all the best and enjoy your cash when you get it!!

Trish

• Haha 1

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Hi Foleshiff,

You cann't claim the monthly overdraft interest charged but you can claim the proportion of interest on the overdraft due to charges.

Once you file your claim you can also add the 8% statutory interest.

See Vampiress' spreadsheets which help work out the interest

Best of luck

Zoot

Hi and welcome!!!:)

It sure does seem like they dont know what they are doing as they must be swamped under completely!!!They must have mountains of claims to go through!!!

Anyway,follow your own timescale,and if they have not settled IN FULL by your deadline then simply continue and file your N1 at court or use MCOL!!!

If you doo need any more help or advice there is always someone about to help or pop into the chatroom !!

Here's wishing you all the best and enjoy your cash when you get it!!

Trish

;) Thanks Trish, what is MCOL?

John

;) Thanks Trish, what is MCOL?

John

Hi John

It stands for Money Claim Online:p

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

:confused: NatWest's solicitors, Cobbetts of Manchester, want the following information from me and I am unsure what to say or where to find the information:

They are asking me if I am claiming that I should'nt have been charged,

- if yes an explaination as to why I should'nt have been charged

- if no am I claiming that I should not have been charged the amount that I was

- if yes to that explain why I contend that I should not have been charged that amount and identify a sum I content should have been charged

- if no I must state my case.

I claimed that "these charges are a disproportionate penalty" and they want particulars to support this,

- specify the clause(s) pursuant to which the charges were applied

- specify whether the charges applied were due to a breach of contract by me

- identify in each case the particular breach of contract, by reference to appropriate term(s) of the contract that the charge related to.

I claimed that the charges are "contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999", they want me to,

-specify all of the facts relied on by me in support of this , in particular the contractual provision(s) that I claim are invalid by reference to the Regulations.

I am asked to provide a response by 27 April 2007 or they will apply to have aon order striking out the claim.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sihum

Hi Foles

Don't worry this does seem to be a standard effort from Cobbetts to put you off. Have a read of this link,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

and also have a read of a number of threads in the Natwest forum - you'll find lots of help and advice, and many folks in a similar position.

If you are concerned it may help if you repost this question down in the Natwest forum for the Cobbetts experts to take a look at for you.

I note you already have a thread running so it may help to post this question at the end of that thread - here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/71520-johnboy-firefighter-nasty-natwest.html

To find your thread in future click User CP and it should be in your list of subcribed threads.

Best wishes

xx

Cobbetts have asked for more information under CPR Part 18. In am sending them a letter as laid out by MARTIN 3030 in thread dated 4 October 2006. Should I also send a copy of the letter to the court and tell Cobbetts I have done so:idea:

You guys are so much help, thank you all.;):D

Yes and Yes. Cobblers are acting out of order asking you for a CPR18. They fully know that one is not required as your claim is under £5K.

The following should do.

I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

Account Name:

Account number:

Sort Code:

Please also find enclosed a breakdown of all charges I am claiming.

Yours Faithfully

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks sihum. Got a letter from NatWest today offering £3167.85 in "full and final settlement of my complaint". My claim is for £3353.60, plus £870.26 interest and £250.00 court costs, so the offer is £1056.01 short.

I want to hang out for all the claim if so what should my reply to the offer be? Oh yeah, they say that if I am unwilling to accept they may need to consider if they are prepared to continue to provide me with my existing banking facilities, and offer a simple account that does not offer borrowing facilities YAK YAK YAK!

John

• 2 weeks later...

;) 01/05/07

Today received paperwork from Northampton County Court dated April 27 2007, transferring my claim to my local court ( Coventry).

With it was an order (Without Hearing) by a district Judge ststing that:

"The filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise".

Plus a Note stating "Any party affected by this Order may under Rule 3.3 (5) apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such a party must apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days of service of this order".

Also that an allocation fee may be payable for in this instance.

Firstly does the transfer mean that may claim has been allocated to the "small claims track"? If so what happens/do I do next?

What do the Rules 3.3 (5) and 23.3 mean?:cool:

Your claim has simply been transferred from the Northampton Bulk Centre to a more local court to yourself, you should recieve a copy of their defence shortly and quite possibly the Allocation Questionaire.

Your claim will be allocated to the small claims track as it falls under the 5k limit.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 1 month later...