Credit Resolution Services (CRS) Extortionist!

Netyard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These people are harrassing my mrs big time. We originally sent a cheque to cover original debt and dispouted charges for similar reasons already mentioned, no contract with CRS, nothing in original agreement etc. they said that Consumer credit act did not apply and returned cheque. we sent cheque back and said we would pay charges by instalments. they ahve now hit us with extra £50 in charges for paying by instalments.

They haven't had any money yet for any charges,but Mrs27 unwisely gave them her bank details!!!!!

Is it too late to contest the charges with a CCA, if we stop a payment they are threatening to charge extra £20 a time. Mrs27 has just been made redundant, has a 4 minth old baby and is beside herself with worry, a prime candidate for their scare tactics. I have stopped any payments going out of her account and am going to send this letter, any advise gratefully appreciated. If we write to them withdrawing authority to withdraw money from her account , and they still do so can we have them for theft?

Further to your letter dated 12 December 2008 and our subsequent phone conversations during which you told me that you would charge £2.50 per payment if I pay the outstanding debt in relation to your charges, by instalment. Having considered the matter, I believe that you are being unreasonable and that these costs are unfair. I have therefore instructed my bank not to pay any monies to yourselves until I instruct them otherwise., and I herby withdraw my offer to pay the remaining debt by instalments until such time that you can show me that such charges are lawful.

Moreover I contest your statement that the original debt owed to Viatlity was not covered by the Consumer Credit Act as all advise that I have received has been to the contrary. I reiterate my position that no basis for the amount of charges was laid down in the original credit agreement and are therefore not lawful.

Furthermore you have still not clarified, in writing, as requested in my previous correspondence, who owns the debt and how you traced my current address. Nor have you provided me with a copy of the original contract that I signed as requested.

To clarify matters,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE REMAINING DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE IT BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION AS REQUIRED BY OBLIGATION, WHETHER YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR OR NOT, UNDER SECTION 189 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974.

1. True copy of original credit agreement

2. Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from Vitality to Credit Resolution Services.

I enclose a cheque to the value of £1 which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the consumer credit act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter. The sum supplied should not be used to reduce any debt, indeed to do so is unlawful.

I am disappointed you have refused my reasonable offer to conclude this dispute.

I understand that you may commence legal action against me. Any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested and consider this matter to be in dispute. As part of my defence in any court action you will be asked to justify your charges giving a complete breakdown of the costs.

Furthermore, I will be making a counter claim against CRS for misrepresenting your charges as a debt I am liable for in the absence of any contractual obligation on my part. I draw your attention to the OFT guidelines on debt collection:

Charging for debt collection

2.9 Charges should not be levied unfairly.

2.10 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. Claiming collection costs from a debtor in the absence of express contractual or other legal provision.

b. misleading debtors into believing they are legally liable to pay collection charges when this is not the case, for example, when there is no contractual provision

d. applying unreasonable charges, for example, charges not based on actual and necessary costs

e. applying charges which are disproportionate to the main debt.

I consider your charge of £85 to be disproportionate to the main debt and not based on actual and necessary costs.

I look forward to receiving your summons. Your assurance that you ‘would be successful if this goes to a hearing’, is purely speculative on your part and therefore was written solely with the purpose of intimidating me into paying this disputed charge.

Indeed I believe you may be in breach of the:

Malicious Communications Act 1988. This deals with the sending of letters or articles for the purpose of causing 'distress or anxiety'. A person found guilty can be fined in the magistrate’s court. To prosecute successfully the letter or article sent would have to convey:

1. a message which is indecent or grossly offensive;
  2. a threat; or
  3. information which is false and known or believed to be false by the sender.

I believe you cannot know whether or not your claim will be successful until a Judge decides, so you have sent me information which is inherently false and thus constitutes a threat. If you continue to harass me in this manner I will be forced to take action under the Protection from Harassment act 1997.

Furthermore I have today written to the Office of Fair Trading reporting your unfair practives and calling into question your fitness to be licensed as debt collection agency.

I look forward to receiving the information requested within the statutory time limit and would be grateful if you address any further correspondence in this matter to my boyfriend Mr xxxxx xxxxxx at the same address who will be dealing with this matter on my behalf.

• 1 month later...

Thought I had got these people off my back but lo and behold another letter dropped thru the door today. Firstly it was addressed to my gf after we specifically asked them not to do, secondly they have enclosed a copy of the credit agreement which ststes in big letters that it is covered by the CCA, CRS have been denying my claims that the charges were illegal by stating that the debt was not covered by the CCA.

• 3 weeks later...

:confused: Can someone please help???????

I too had an unwelcome demand for £149 (included £80 - for posting a letter (not bad work if you can get it!) from CRS, for an alleged unpaid months subscription plus a £10 penalty courtesy of the not so glittering Golds Gym (it is so, so true - all that glitters isn't gold!) . Yet my payment record had been impeccable.

Despite writing three letters and having spoken to their 'so called' Customer Service Director and also General Manager following their failure to issue a closing account after I had given written notice to terminate - instead they sent me a nasty final notice, and added £10 to a further months membership because they called for a further Direct Debit after I had written advising them that I was cancelling my DD and membership and notwithstanding that I had given the requisite notice.

I heard nothing more and thought that at last Golds had seen sense. How mistaken I was......... Last Friday I received a letter from CRS (6 months after my last correspondence with Golds)......with the usual intimidating content that has been described so many times before in this Forum.

I have discovered that Golds have now published on their website revised terms and conditions. It is unclear when these came into force. Please note however that they include in their terms and conditions :

a) rights to add charges for cancelled direct debits,

b) rights to pass any arrears to a collection agency,

c) rights for the agency to charge and recover costs,

d) warnings that the agency may/will undertake credit reference searches alerting , by inference, other subsequent searchers that the individual (their former customer) may pose a credit risk.

So by a back door manoeuvre although such debts are not subject to the CCA, and therefore in theory ones credit status should not be adversely affected by a collection agency pursuing a genuine/alleged debt [unless they successfully persued it in the County Court], as happens for example with Council Tax debts, they are now endeavouring to smear debtors through such new tactics and probably I would guess this is a response to the success of earlier Forum Members giving them a pasting.

This surely can't be correct?

As for myself I would like to issue a counter action and recover an amount to cover my stress, and time and trouble in trying to resolve an issue with a less than customer oriented company. Golds stuffed up, refused to acknowledge it and instead have tried to stuff me by employing bully boy tactics.

My immediate concern is to stop this spinning out of control with actions being taken by CRS, costs escalating and my credit status being damaged by wholly inappropriate and unjustifiable action. This isn't the Wild West, although right now it feels a little like it.

I have fortunately found a copy of my membership application form. It is dated February 2006. On the reverse in the smallest of small print (I had to wear glasses and even then use a powerful magnifying glass to read - although presumably legal this shouldn't be allowed in this day age - there were the terms and conditions (entitled " rules"). It makes no reference to any of the new terms and conditions (the 4 items) referred to above.

Presumably what Golds/CRS have done in my case has no legal basis?

If so this suggests it is illegal, and if so how can I give these unscrupulous organisations a suitable gift? I have been given a further two days to respond to CRS, or else.

I would really appreciate some advice.

:-)

I have been given a further two days to respond to CRS, or else[/size][/u].

Or else what?????

These Cretins have NO legal powers whatsoever. They are full of mad dogs sh*t. Call their bluff. Tell them to take you to court. You will wipe the floor with them and their illegal charges.

I'm another person with a problem with these guys. They are charging me a fortune.

I've attached a copy of my 'contract' to see if you think these fees are enforcable.

By the way, they sent me a copy of someone else contract (with Bank details and address etc.) instead of my own when I requested it... sheer incompetance!!

Copy of scan0001.jpg

Check out my Blog:

http://grandprixfan.wordpress.com

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

No fees are enforceable unless they formed part of the agreement you signed with the original creditor. As for them sending you someone elses details this should be reported to the Information Commisioner, the Data Protection Registrar, TS and the OFT

Thanks verymuch for your response.

Is the Data Protection Registrar at the Information Commissioners office? And what is TS?

Sorry, but I need to know so I can definately send this off to them to investigate.

Check out my Blog:

The Data Protection Registrar AND The Information Commisioner.

TS - Trading Standards

Why are you paying these clowns anyway. Did they ever prove they were legally entitled to be chasing you for a debt.

• Haha 1

In my case Golds are explicitly breaking OFT's 2002 guidance for health/fitness clubs - breaking several provisions including unfair terms clauses (e.g. where after you agree terms the proprietor can change the terms without letting you know/you agreeing by pinning changes on a notice board in the facility!!!!!).

AND to top it off CRS who are licensed under the Consumer Credit Act are breaking/have broken at least 4 of the provisions set out in OFTs 2003 Collections guidelines.

And when I want to 'DO' them for wasting my time, traumatising me, and continuing to do the same for 100s of others (some of whom have told their stories on CAG or other websites) and to stop them from doing so......I haven't a clue what to do.......... I've checked with OFT, been directed to Consumer Direct [nice but couldn't/wouldn't do anything], they directed me to Financial Ombudsman [told they couldn't help], and told that my Local Trading Standards don't have funds for dealing with such matters (clearly this is not a priority).....so paddle your own canoe, in effect......

SO surely there is a remedy..........

Any advice please???

Kind regards

CK :(

I'm another person with a problem with these guys. They are charging me a fortune.

I've attached a copy of my 'contract' to see if you think these fees are enforcable.

By the way, they sent me a copy of someone else contract (with Bank details and address etc.) instead of my own when I requested it... sheer incompetance!!

:) I've not been able to read the attachment (too small). Ironic as the print used on their agreements are in micro print (contrary to OFT guidance 2002)!!!!!! But assuming you've a signed copy of your agreement I think you will find Gold's T's and C's don't include provisions to refer to collection agency or for the associated costs (although they appear to have changed these wef 2009(?) - see published version on their website). So as far as I understand they can get lost.

I know also that Golds have included unfair terms in their T's and C's e.g. relating to varying what you have agreed to - they have sneaked it in under another heading (Rules and Bye Laws) - sneaky, but is it surprising?

ALSO I have discovered from hours spent on internet sites that CRS should not associate or work for creditors who are engaged in dodgy practices. These practices are dodgy. Golds know that they shouldn't be doing what they are, but chance it. CRS also infringe several other significant OFT guidelines regulating collection agencies (2003 guidance). Once I get a little more time I'll post specific points, if needed.

But I think if you succeed in frustrating this attempted mugging, that you may wish further redress for your time and trouble and to stop these guys doing what, in some (many?) cases, they shouldn't.

Please keep us updated on your progress as it will help others who inevitably will experience similar problems.

Good luck.

CK :)

Hi everyone,

I need a little help.

They are 'looking' for my contract after sending me the wrong one. It isn't a credit agreement, but a 'membership agreement' which means that they have told me there is no time limit to getting the agreement back to me.

I'm sure there is a limit and I want to impose this on them.

Can anyone help?

dc

PS.. Thanks for your message bees...

I want to see if Consumer Forums will set up some sort of specific CRS forum as I'm sure there's hundreds of people trying to battle with these cowboys.

I'm a student so I have time to do it, but I swear that once I'm finished I'll spend time helping others beat these extortionists.

Edited by dcwinter
Added 'PS'

Check out my Blog:

I too am in the same position - CRS have added £60 to a £50 final ROKO gym instalment, which ROKO claim they contacted me about numerous times but I received nothing until CRS got in touch. Several letters have been exchanged where I offer the original debt as full and final settlement, enclosing a cheque and requesting they give me a breakdown of their fee and how it reflects their true costs (have requested this 3 times quoting OFT guidelines) etc but they keep returning my cheque saying they will proceed with further action unless I pay the fees also. What can I do? The ROKO contract did say that a fee is payable should they have to use a 3rd party but it didn't say how much. Would this stand up in court? I was thinking of issuing the cheque again but this time not referring to it being full and final settlement and then ask them to proceed with legal action against me re the £60 fee. Any other ideas?

Hi everyone,

I need a little help.

They are 'looking' for my contract after sending me the wrong one. It isn't a credit agreement, but a 'membership agreement' which means that they have told me there is no time limit to getting the agreement back to me.

I'm sure there is a limit and I want to impose this on them.

Can anyone help?

dc

PS.. Thanks for your message bees...

I want to see if Consumer Forums will set up some sort of specific CRS forum as I'm sure there's hundreds of people trying to battle with these cowboys.

I'm a student so I have time to do it, but I swear that once I'm finished I'll spend time helping others beat these extortionists.

:) No problem...........I'm not aware of time limit for production of agreement.

I thought the document posted earlier was the reverse of your membership agreement, listing the rules/terms and conditions? If not why did they send it to you, claiming that?

Anyway they will need to produce a genuine signed copy of your agreement.

When did you sign agreement? The older ones certainly don't appear to give them the right to refer to collection agencies, impose costs and therefore enforce in this way.

PS

I'm a little surprised given threads on this site that these cowboys haven't been well and truly stuffed by now. In part it seems because many users are not following up with outcomes from advice given, and therefore this knowledge is lost/not 'worked hard'. Without this one doesn't know what the most effective tactics are.

Originally Posted by the bees 123

I thought the document posted earlier was the reverse of your membership agreement, listing the rules/terms and conditions? If not why did they send it to you, claiming that?

That agreement I scanned in was someone else's they sent me in error.

I signed it in 2007 - September or October I think...

I think they are denying that it is covered by the Consumer Credit Act in order to take as long as they want to get the agreement to me.

dc

Check out my Blog:

As far as I know unless you entered into some credit agreement with them to pay for your membership it wouldn't be covered by the CCA. What matters therefore is what is in the agreement you have signed.

Now as I've pointed out earlier they have changed their terms and conditions but I'm unsure when. It looks to me as though this is very recent - I've mentioned their site and this is copyrighted 2009(who'd want to nick the contents?).

My agreement iwas made in 2006 and therefore I reckon, but you'll need to check, that yours is the same as mine. If so it contravenes the OFTs guidance for healthclubs etc in several ways. The most important is:

a) the use of unfair terms - relating to revoking or varying the terms you would have agreed;

b) no rights have been reserved to refer any debt to a collection agency or for their debts to be levied/enforced

SO...........Golds have acted wholly inappropriately.........

CRS must exercise due care and diligence and ensure that they have a legitimate basis to act before doing so. They have infringed several significant provisions set out in the OFT's code of practice regulating such operators.

Hope this makes sense.

:)

PS

I'm putting together a letter which I can share in due course, if helpful - especially perhaps around the key legal issues they've stuffed up on from the research I've done on this site and elsewhere

Edited by thebees123

Cool.

One of my main issues is that I didn't get any proof of address change to them because the proofs they were demanding were unfair:

FROM CRS LETTER

One of:

1. Mortgage agreement

2. Correspondance from a solicitor

3. Benefits book

and one of:

1. Last utlity bill and first utility bill from new address

2. State supplied document (eg Inland revenue document etc)

I think this is done to make it difficult to cancel. Because I couldn't supply these they passed it from Harlands to CRS. This means that they have charged me up to Novemeber 2008 when I actually left in February 2008 (and can proove that). Do you thnk I'll be able to argue in court that their demands made it difficult for me?

For example, I'm not a homeowner and moved into my mothers house so didn't have my name on any bills. They refused point blank to allow me to send a bank statement originally or any other type of proof that I could supply so I just left and allowed them to trace me.

Also, prior to moving I defaulted on two payments because I had no money (one of the reasons I moved into my mums). I explained this to them before they passed it on to CRS and I have one email left to proove it though it's not very well written...

Finally in another twist, I have offered them a settlement which actually includes unlawful charges. Do you think I can lower my offer now and tell them it is because I beleive the chareges to be unlawful or stick with original settlement (might look better in court).

Cheers

dc

Check out my Blog:

Hi.....I'm not an expert, so hopefully some of the other members will be able to chip in. But building on the argument I suggested in earlier postings it seems to me that it must turn on your agreement, the signed copy of it and what it contains. You have said CCA doesn't apply and therefore I expect that the terms of your agreement will be silent on enforcement, and no rights will be reserved enabling Golds to pass to collection agency and for them to recover alleged balance and any subsequent costs allegedly incurred. Therefore it follows, in this case, that no costs would be payable and that CRS have no locus standii (I think that's the term) - they shouldn't be doing it, they should know this/should know better and this would be in breach of relevant OFT terms, and as they hold a consumer Credit License should be referred to OFT (they're not in any reputable Trade Association (tells it's own story) and need sorting out. That's if all this stacks up.

So I'm confused about other stuff you've raised. But answer anyway...:

a) I don't know why proof of change of address is/was relevant/crucial. However, that said I would agree that the proof requested was unfair and potentially discriminatory (perhaps deliberately so) as perhaps, e.g. a lodger on low income would not be able to produce 4 of the 5 documents listed (Inland Revenue document perhaps being the exception).

Alternative evidence could have been, e.g. Rent Book, or equivalent, or affidavit from Mum (sword legal statement confirming what you've outlined). I'm sure there are other examples and reputable Trade Associations might have recommended guidelines (CSA/CTTA?)?

So, if this was ever considered by a Court or equivalent then I think you could reasonably argue with sound justification that requirements, given your circumstances, were unreasonable, and difficult/virtually impossible, as a student, to comply with.

b) Harlands and CRS are part of the same empire, and probably operate (I haven't checked) out of the same/adjacent offices.....So your records could/should have been transferred? Harlands Services Ltd are registered under the Consumer Credit Act (0526513) - while it is CRS who are behaving inappropriately in this case I'm not sure that point would be lost on OFT that Harlands own/control them.

c) Unsure about court hearing part in view of above. I'm unsure about advising you to stop paying/to reduce payment because at this stage more details about your case is still emerging (is it all 'out'?). Also if you are disputing liability/legality then you don't usually pay at the same time as you are disputing it............So it would be helpful for more experienced members out there to chip in here? It is say for others to say stop paying, but this should only be said when you are not compromising yourself/digging an even bigger hole.

So let's get this agreement sorted!

Finally I think a separate thread for this outfit would be sensible, and if possible a log of cases eg referred to OFT with outcomes (only through greater transparency, and greater collective action will bad practices be tackled e.g. in relation to these outfits. At the moment the likes of Golds and CRS are allowed to do what they do because of ignorance, because most ordinary people buckle under such unjustified threats, because ordinary people can't afford access to legal services, and because Trading Standards etc are too busy with other priorities.

Edited by thebees123

• 2 weeks later...
...You have said CCA doesn't apply and therefore I expect that the terms of your agreement will be silent on enforcement, and no rights will be reserved enabling Golds to pass to collection agency and for them to recover alleged balance and any subsequent costs allegedly incurred. Therefore it follows, in this case, that no costs would be payable and that CRS have no locus standii (I think that's the term) - they shouldn't be doing it, they should know this/should know better and this would be in breach of relevant OFT terms, and as they hold a consumer Credit License should be referred to OFT (they're not in any reputable Trade Association (tells it's own story) and need sorting out. That's if all this stacks up.

I agree thebees123, you may wish to lodge an official complaint with the Office of Fair Trading by email at: [email protected] , marked for the attention of the Licensing Team. Document 'OFT664' titled 'Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business practices' relates, specifically 2.10 (a) to 2.10 (e). You can find it here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

OFT contact details are at: http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

...Finally I think a separate thread for this outfit would be sensible, and if possible a log of cases eg referred to OFT with outcomes (only through greater transparency, and greater collective action will bad practices be tackled e.g. in relation to these outfits. At the moment the likes of Golds and CRS are allowed to do what they do because of ignorance, because most ordinary people buckle under such unjustified threats, because ordinary people can't afford access to legal services, and because Trading Standards etc are too busy with other priorities...

Spot on.

Regards,

Bean

Edited by Bean
Revised OFT contact details

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Thanks Bean :)

Good timing as I've just received another theatening letter this pm - pay up in 7 days or legal action will be taken.

Have to pop out now. Will post further message shortly.

Others must be having similar problems but there is surprisingly little commentary about these muggers on the forum. Can't quite fathom it :?

Things are moving slow for me at the moment, but I've managed to get legal aid to pay for a few hours of a solicitors time which is paying dividends. According to him, I am sort of contractually obliged to pay for the (three years!!!!!) of gym membership because there is no get out clause, but NONE of the charges.

Also, CRS don't own any debt of mine yet so they are chasing me illegally.

I'll keep you informed of any further developments.

Check out my Blog:

Hi DC

that's better news. At least you're not being stuffed by CRS cowboys. So a victory there! [unless OFT are informed of this they will not know what these guys (licensed under the CCA - 2982925 - Harlands Services Ltd) have been up to. I am referring my case notes etc to them and hope others will do. These practices are illegal and this is the only way of sorting them and Golds out].

Anyway the other thing I'm struck by is that there is no way out of a three year contract? I've not seen the agreement but I think it is unlikely that you would have knowingly signed up to a three year deal. The circumstances may be different to this but that is how they've come across. If it is genuinely the former there may be grounds about misselling - there are definitely relevant OFT codes here. If the later then what the terms and conditions say about notice is paramount, and these will dictate when/how effectively the contract can be terminated/fulfilled. But your banana should be onto this already?

Once again good luck.

The Bees 123

PS

Can you please confirm that because your membership agreement had no provision to refer to collection agency and incur/enforce charges that this is why you don't have to pay. A 'no brainer' I think but double checking.

Hi All,

I am so pleased to have found other people with the same sort of problem as me!

I had a gym membership with my local council run leisure centre, and my monthly DD was collected by Harlands. To cut a very long story short I cancelled the last DD of the contract because I was not happy with the service I received. I wrote to Harlands and the Leisure Centre explaining why this was so.

About a month later I received a letter from Harlands saying that as I had cancelled the DD for £31 they now want a payment of £71 this includes charges for non payment.

I phoned to say I have written to explain why it hasnt been paid and am still waiting for a reply to my letter. They said they hadnt received a letter! So I resent it. Still no reply from them and to be honest with so much going on I did forget about it. Next thing I get a letter from CRS.

The letter says my debt of £71 has now been passed to them for collection. In accordance with terms and conditions of your contract, you have now also become responsible for our fees in recovering this outstanding amount. Our standard charge of £60 has therefore been applied bringing the outstanding amount to £131.00

It goes on to say a collector will come to the house etc etc

I phoned them and told them why I hadnt paid the orginal amount of £31 and I was told they have no record of any letters from me so I owe it.

Before I had a chance to write back with copies I received another letter, as in one week later, saying A county court claim has been prepared by our legal dept a copy is enclosed to demontrate the seriousness of this matter, although you are currently NOT been sent to court.

You willingly signed a legally binding contract. It is therefore likely the court will order you to repay the balance plus costs and interest. etc etc

So I decided that I should offer to pay back the £31 so sent a letter with a cheque for £5 saying I will pay they £31 in instalments with dates of when they would receive cheques. I said that I did not agree with the charges so therefore would not be paying for them.

I received a letter back saying they would charge me £30 to set up this payment method and a fee of between £3 to £5 per instalment. If I dont pay withing the next 10 days (as in today) they will take further action.

I phoned and asked for a full breakdown of all the charges etc I received a letter saying the first £20 was an admin fee, the next £20 was failure to pay the DD and the last £60 was there standard collection fee.

I have 10 days to propose a way of settling the account or court action will be taken.

I am a single parent in full time education so should I try and pay the whole outstanding amount or is it worth fighting these charges?

Can anyone give me some advice, please? Any help would be gratefully received :-)

Sorry for the long winded post!

p.s. Harlands and CRS operate out of the same office and when I questioned the fact the letters are just printed from a computer and the signature is scanned in (which I could do at home) how do I know the company actually exsists to which I was told all companys operate this way these days!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks