Bank of Scotland Harrassing telephone calls?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just thought I'd let people know, Recently I was due to pay my CC bills 2 x £10 and I was late - now I had this last year and went ballistic then, but in the last week the BOS automatic telephone dialling system has rung my home telephone number nearly 30 times. Each time there was a pause when we picked up the phone before someone connects their end waiting for an operator to see we had answered. I hang up every time that happens because it is either someone chasing money or someone selling something. Do a 1471 - caller withheld their number.

So, late last year I had written a letter explaining that we have a right to decide who phones us and whether we want communications by written form. The operatives one speaks to on customer services told me that the calls will continue until we paid, which is what I did evenutally to get them the hell out of my life. But it was harrassment.

This time I faxed a letter telling them I'll call the police next time the phone rings and that under the Communications Act 2003 it may be a criminal Offence if they continue... I rang because nobody took a blind bit of notice and I went on to read the letter out to the phone operator and the lady I spoke to was extremely understanding and sympathetic and told me she would remove us from the telphone calling system So, my friends all of you who get this insessant telephone calling system and driving you mad you CAN get yourselves removed if you remind them of the laws about telephone harrassment. If people want it I'll post a copy of the letter, but call them and get it stopped because it will drive anyone nuts if they do it to you.

great work andrew1, I think this, in the long run, will cheer alot of people up! ;)

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

Hi All

I had a similar problem, and asked if they would only phone me from 9 to 5, but this didn't work. There beef was that the collections team started at 5:30. They then decided that they then would only ring me when Leeds united were playing football and I was listening to the commentatory on the Radio. (They had taken my season ticket money in match fees - probably did me a favour).

Now, the tables have been turned, and whenever I ring them all I get is the computer, option 1 option 4 etc etc etc.

I dearly wish that they would ring me now then they might be able to sort out the mess that they have left me in!