Chasing Halifax Statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

through a friend of mine I have been lead through to this website to reclaim my bank charges with the Halifax Bank.

I have sent them a letter over a month ago to ask for my statements for the last 6 years and sent the £10.00 cheque.

As to this date I have only just received a letter to say that the statments are on their way but this has now been over the 40 days aloted for the time for them to be sent. They also cashed their cheque quite a while ago.

Is there any point in chasing them for the statements or is it just a case of wait and see

I have only been waiting 20 days but I have a friend who got hers after only 12 days, she sent off the same day as me. I have just rung to see whats going on. I rang a number that was recommended as helpful on one of the threads but the lady must be having bad day. I just got the 3rd degree about where I had got her number from and then got told she couldnt help me. She gave me another number which I rang. I was asked the security questions and then got told that I had failed secutity!:o When I asked how that could be he wouldnt tell me but says I now have to go to a local branch and have my security reset then call back. I gave him loads of details and told him when and where I had opened the account but to no avail. I think it may have been because I couldnt remember the date I last paid money into the account (I cant remember when I last had any!!!!!!) I did tell him that i had cancelled to direct debits last week and which branch I always use-which isnt local to my address- but the man from Halifax, he wont budge.

marie - probably a good idea if you can do some research on the site - you should have sent the following letter, and they can now see that you are not clear of the procedures, which they will see as a major weakness on your part.

icon1.gif Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

Today, i recieved a letter from HBOS plc confirming receipt of letter.

It repeats the right to 40 days from receipt, and that i should recieve them no later than 17/03/07.

It comes from "the Data Subject Access Request Team"

10 Carlton Street

Halifax

HX1 2AL

I hope this point of contact is of use to someone...

keep you posted..

I've been speaking to them today and they had 980 statement requests yesterday alone. I think they are struggling to cope!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 980 statements requests!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has just made my day! I knew this movement was popular, but that's ridiculous! I feel SOOOOO sorry for them!!

Mind you, I wish it was quieter so they had more time to sort my claim!! :cool: No offence, people!

I know what you mean but it's a bit like the endowment scandal. Just think how much that has cost the industry! I imagine each claim must average at least £10,000 and just think about how many people have claimed.

What ever happens they will have to justify their charges in court and they know they can't as experts claim the true cost of chrages to be approx £2.50 compared to the £30+ they do charge.

I think what'll happen is the OFT will make a statement on the charges, the FSA/FOS will then have to sit up and take proper notice and will perhaps allow people to reclaim these charges for a certain period then close the door on claims from that point on, a little like what they have done with people claiming against bad advice on there endowments.

That is what my crystal ball says anyway! I would say it won't be a quick solution for the banks unless one is brave enough to go and make a stand in court!

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

what law is going to change?

Bank charges are unlawful. The OFT, the FSA, the FOS or my aunt Fanny DO NOT make laws.

Banks cannot gain or make profit from their charges.Until such time they stand up in a court of law, and justify every penny they have charged you, nothing changes, whoever says whatever

well thats re-assuring to hear your views!

I had a statement the other day and it shows some charges on it, and for the first time, instead of swearing about it, i laughed instead, oh happy days!! :D

halifaxmug - not my views - it's a fact. Laws are introduced onto the statute books by Acts of Parliament and go through a long process through the Commons and the Lords, with Green Papers/White papers etc. etc.

They are certainly not made a by a governmental agency saying "we think...blah,blah,blah..." and then that suddenly becomes the law.

To reassure you further, you may want to read this thread About the OFT impending report - PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU'RE WORRIED (multipage.gif1 2)

If you're chasing stuff from the Halifax you might as well go high up.

This woman gets things done!

Kelly Duffy

Senior Customer Relations Manager

Executive Office

Customer Relations

Direct Dial 01422 326326

Fax 01422 326688

[email protected]

Further, I was doing some reading about the DPA and do you know? If enough of us complained about them not complying with SARs etc they could have a licence taken away which would prevent them from storing info electronically. Now I'd really like to see that!!!!

A D

PS Where's my avatar and sig gone??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

i have just received my statements on friday and have worked out how much they owe me in charges but not sure how to work out my interest and where to find the template letters in this site as a bit new to all this forum millarky any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry but want to get this on the way

sorry guys it is ok found the letters section on website and just about to work out my interest through the excel sheets provided wish me luck with next stage of money chase

if you go to home page and click on the changing banner when it asks abtou FAQs it will take you to a page that as you scroll down has different areas and one of them is a letters archive.

Hi all well ive just sent my prelim letter on saturday for me and one for my boyfriend they should get that today then its on to the LBA on the 20th. Ive recieved more charges since so can i add these on later to the same claim?. People have been telling me not to get my hopes up, but ive explained at the end of the day its still unlawful, i must say now im starting to think what if, and it just seemin a bit scary now. Anyway ill keep you all posted, wish me luck.

i know what you mean my husband reckons knowing our luck we won't get a penny back and we are wasting our time or we will end up in court but you don't know if you don't try:p