mariejader v Abbey **DEFENCE STRUCK OUT!**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you have your terms and conditions in your bundle as this seems to be what is now needed in case the they actually get to court

I never done a bundle my case was thrown out after I filed my AQ never even received a hearing date

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Marie

How did the interview go!

The interview went well, but I cannot find a link to it to post it here I will e-mail the jouranlist and see if he can help me.

I spent last night at BBC Radio Berkshire, there had been an event on all day for what they call stringers, who are local people in the community who report on local story's for them, my friend is one. I only went along for the free food :p

Anyhow I hopefully will be doing somthing with them next week, and also met one of the tv reporters for BBC South Today who I knew and he said he may be interested in my story.

Why not email Jeremy Vine for his "Your money and your life "slot on Friday at 1pm ?

I have never heard of of that programme before, I will have a dig around and see what I can find, unless you have a link:D

To be honest I was quite happy to have won my case and have left it at that, but then I read about the Lloyds cases and how Abbey were trying to use this as a ploy to put people off which to some degree I think it may have done originally I then decided to go public to hopefully help others.

I think that's a great suggestion about Jeremy Vine................it's usually Martyn Lewis that gets trotted out as a talking head on money.............so Maria would be great on there

Well I don't know about that but I will give it ago:o I have just sent an e-mail so let's see if they get back to me

You lot will get me hung:D

My school report's always said "Maria is easily lead" how true ;)

District judge Burgess. Is that the same one as you?

It sure is ;)

Here is the article in my local paper if anyone is interested

Newbury Today | Woman beats bank charges fight

A quote from Abbey

A spokesman for Abbey, Steve Ainger, said the bank would not comment on individual cases but said in a statement: “Abbey is up front and transparent about all its banking charges as set out in its tariff of charges.

“It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient funds in the account or an arranged overdraft in place.”

He added that customers fined for straying into the red for the first time would receive an automatic refund from Abbey.

Again it's another standard letter which personally I would not accept their offer, generally at the defence stage it's a 50% offer.

Look here for the letter that best suits your case

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

The whole point of this campaign is the banks will not disclose to you what their costs are which from what info we have it's in the region of approx £2.50,

There have been some wonderfull letters on here where people have replied stating this, I am sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction so you can copy it.

What did you receive back from the court that enabled you to do that?

You should have received from the court a N24 (general form of judgement order) if you have this my copy said "claimant may enter judgement forthwith"

So have you now submitted a Warrant of execution? What did you receive back from the court that enabled you to do that?

I completed the request for judgement which is at the bottom of the notice of issue (don't forget to add your cout fees and any interest due up to date of judgement), I would not worry about a warrant just yet.

At what stage did you send in the letter asking for the defence to be struck out and could you give me an idea of what you wrote to the bank.

Thank you and very well done....

Teresa xx

At the AQ stage, details of what I did are all listed in this topic I would suggest that you read it through and it will answer your question.

Am new to this site so how do I find the AQ site where you posted your reply to the court

it's in this section

details of what I did are all listed in this topic I would suggest that you read it through

you are in the right place you just need to go back and read :) if you start at page 1 and keep moving forward you will find it

Thanks Fiona.

Right guys and girlies I have just received a call from BBC radio Berkshire and I will be going live on air on Friday 15th 7.05am - 7.10 ish, Bankfodder will be live on air at 8am ish.

For those of you out of the area if you are interested here is the link to the radio show

BBC - Berkshire - Local radio - Radio Berkshire

There is a button on the right hand side that you need to press to listen to the show, if you are interested which I hope you all will be :oops: as I am doing this for you then I would suggest that you sign in before hand and check you can listen to the show, sometimes a download is needed to be able to listen.

Obviously I will be discussing the abuse of process, does anyone have any suggestions that I should also try and include if I can;)

Sorry to go off on one Maria but I'm looking for any way to shoot Abbey down in flames

Don't be sorry that's the point of this :p

If anyone want's to add any input and find something that I can quote then add it, I know Radio Berkshire are contacting Abbey for a statement.

As I said I will do my best for you all

PPS. What about mentioning their blatent stalling tactics (ie application for stays) when they have no intention of going to court? And trying every trick in the book to put you off!

Don't worry on that one it's already been mentioned :rolleyes:

I just hope I am confident enough on the day to deliver the goods I will do my very best, it's just the nerves I am worried about

I shall ask her the best way for recording this..

Thanks that would be good.

I have to be at the studio for 6.45am so I guess I will have to leave home just after 6am to get there, I should be live on air at 7.05 I think and Bankfodder is doing a telephone link at 8.00 ish, I am going to wait around as they said they may get some calls into the studio my god what have I let myself in for :-x

I will also ask if they can give me a copy of the interview on cd as Fiona has suggested how it get's uploaded I don't know but I am sure some one will:p

thanks for the support guy's I have a big folder with all the information neatly presented, I am don't want to get there and find I can't remember which could happen :(

I post when I get back. I do hope some of you will tune in and listen that will give me strength to carry on knowing you are out there

mj...............you are incredible

I can't believe how much time,effort, and commitment you've put into all of this.

You never cease to amaze me with what you do..................just keep on doing it

Thanks CF

Well I am back did anyone hear it?

• 1 month later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks